Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - smad - 2012-03-30

Wow that was quick! Many thanks appreciate your efforts! Great plugin

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-30

smad: it should be up now. I committed 0.4.0 with the proper import requirements.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - darrenscerri - 2012-03-30

Thanks for the fix BlueCop! Will check it out later when I get home.

I did another update that has a few cosmetic changes.

I also changed the favorites over to sqlite. it should just be faster for larger lists. It will convert your old favorites. it works the same as before.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-28, 00:05)BlueCop Wrote: dugan26: post a log of the error when launched from favorites.

Log posted here:
Many thanks in advance!
Great App - keep up the fantastic work man!

http://pastebin.com/ztFYatKp

dugan26: something is appending the string "extrafanart" to the fav items parameters. that is causing it to fail.

you'll have to figure out where it is coming from. I think it is something with the skin.

got it - will take a look-

thanks for your quick response!

BlueCop?

Is there anyway to tell if it is from the Music extrafanart or from a video extrafanart ??

Anything that would give up any clues ?

It works in Confluence - crashes in MQ3 - I posted the log in the MQ3 thread ... hopefully someone could help me out ....
Also- did you roll out "My Playlists" ?

I dont see that

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-30

so is Favorite Artists the new My Artists?

also you spelt Favorite wrong, it is Favourite.

edit: Favorite is the American English spelling.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-31

dugan26: my playlists and my friends are under playlists. Let me know how it works. You enter your login in the settings.

krish_2k4: It would probably be a good idea to make it more translation friendly. I will work on that.

Update:

I committed another update.

It included experimental lyric subtitle support.

I don't have any way to sync them though. displaying single lines evenly spaced didn't seem very good when I tried that.

I had the idea of spiting them up by stanza rather then line. This made them work much better as subtitles because sync is less important.

Right now it takes 90% of the duration and divides by the number of stanzas. It will then offset by 5% of duration so the lyrics stanzas shoule be displayed over the middle 90% of the video. This is just an experimental thing. I thought it worked well for some of the videos I tried. This is always going to be hit and miss though depending on the video.

Enable it in the streaming settings to try out. It only works for VEVO streaming. It won't display is you resolve with youtube.

I also added context items on Trending and Touring to "Set Location by IP". This will re fetch your location.

It should auto-fetch your location on first launch if you have the default settings.

I did another update.

This time it was for user playlist editing for logged facebook users.

You can Create and Delete playlists. You are also Add and Remove videos from the lists. You currently can not reorder playlists.

This is done via context menu items on videos and user playlists.

"Add to Playlist" will display a list of your current playlists to add the video to.
"Start New Playlist" will bring up a keyboard for you to name the new playlist. It will then create and add the video you launched it from to the playlist.

"Remove from Playlist" will be displayed on videos in user playlists.

"Delete Playlist" is available on the user playlists.

Update:

I think I am going to add context items to "Play All" items for "Queue All", "Shuffle All", and "Add All to Playlist" or "Add All to New Playlist"

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - PatrickBateman - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 11:47)BlueCop Wrote: I did another update.

This time it was for user playlist editing for logged facebook users.

You can Create and Delete playlists. You are also Add and Remove videos from the lists. You currently can not reorder playlists.

This is done via context menu items on videos and user playlists.

"Add to Playlist" will display a list of your current playlists to add the video to.
"Start New Playlist" will bring up a keyboard for you to name the new playlist. It will then create and add the video you launched it from to the playlist.

"Remove from Playlist" will be displayed on videos in user playlists.

"Delete Playlist" is available on the user playlists.

Update:

I think I am going to add context items to "Play All" items for "Queue All", "Shuffle All", and "Add All to Playlist" or "Add All to New Playlist"

You like a machine Smile Cheers BC!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-31

You're doing gods work!!

I have a couple more features in mind.

One is to use a method to look up an artists tour dates. I was thinking a context item on artists to list tour dates.

Also a Watched History item for a list of videos you've watched.

I will work on some favorite artists and playlist strm exporting for scanning into your music video library after that.

I have been contemplating a download cache. which will keep automatically download any video you watch. If you try to select that video again then it will play the cached version. That is anywhere in the plugin. If I make this automatic then you can cut down on bandwidth usage a great deal. I just prefer the full 1080p quality they are a bandwidth hog.

I am interested in any other ideas. I am trying to utilize everything they have available.