Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 06:39)BlueCop Wrote: ailingcoot: where did you set the stored location? is it writable as a local folder?

also it will work like before if you disable the cache.
the cache is local disk.
disable the cache. still not working. Test the other computer, still work fine.

they are both on Eden Aeon Mq3 skin, This one is unable to play stream any more, something to do with the youtube ? I see that in the log. The computer works fine have no youtube plugin.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-02

get me a log of it failing with cache disabled.

where are you located?

(2012-04-02, 06:39)BlueCop Wrote: ailingcoot: where did you set the stored location? is it writable as a local folder?

also it will work like before if you disable the cache.

Sorry,Blucop ,find the problem, the location latitude/longtitude setting, I changed the un-working computer to the exact location as the working ones. now it is working. very wield. (or maybe just because a complete uninstall and install again?)

Though the first problem occurs by enabling the cache on. Let me test the cache on the other one.

Update: Cache thing doesn't work on my computer(local drive) waiting for other testers.

ailingcoot: I hadn't tried on a Windows 7 box. It seems like xbmc won't let me write to a mapped drive on windows.

I did have a problem with the videos not wanting to resolve. I had to go and add the location I was saving them to as a Video Source before they would work in the plugin.

So try to add the cache location as a video source and then try to play a video again in the plugin. It should work. I just tested this and it seemed to be the problem.

also when ever you try to play a video look in the cache directory and see what files are created.

@BlueCop
By following your instructions step by step:
1.add D:/concert/VEVO folder as the video source, scraper none.
2.start VEVO, enable the cache, try to play the video. Plug-in error.

Check the folder, find the SRT nfo and JPG(thumbnail,partially broken) for the song but nothing else
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Ok I committed a new version with a few small changes.

ailingcoot: thanks for trying out the new feature.

I am not sure what the problem is. It seems to be a problem when is it spawning a new download thread.
post a log with the new version if you don't mind from when you start the plugin. thanks

@BlueCop
Thanks for all the work.

Just the same as above steps and similar error happens.
here is the log.

http://pastebin.com/s4Wp6MY2

And this time, 3 files(srt,nfo,jpg ) of the second song was not found in local folder

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-04-02

Is it possible to set a cache limit? I have limited hard drive space so would need to prioritise media.

I have unlimited internet so streaming is no real big problem but I like the idea of having HD music videos on my hard drive!

ailingcoot: are you in a country that vevo is available? it seems like vevo isn't authorizing you.

krish_2k4: so do you just want a maximum size limit to stop caching new videos? You might have to manually turn caching on and off right now if you don't want videos saved.

@BlueCop not sure about that but streaming is never the problem.

Dang. Now it is working with cache on and should be the Geo problem.

@blucop with the subtitles /Lrc automatically on , it looks wield, 7 lines of subtitles show up at once. but its a nice feature to have.

ailingcoot: i had it limited to 4 lines but I thought larger sections maintained better sync.

It is an experimental feature. I hope to refine it more over time.

The srt files generated are a good starting point for good lyric subtitles if you edit their timing. There are many subtitle programs for syncing.

I originally had the each line be its own subtitle. It looks nice but is completely out of sync. Using stanzas and spiting them for length seemed to work best.

I watch several videos and some tracked perfectly and some were way off because the way they distribute the vocals in the song.

@BlueCop, It is a great feature to have, Thanks for the wonderful work. The timing is fine with the songs tested.
Another question about cache:
Just a test, when a file cached about 80%, restart your system and obtain a new IP, start the VEVO, it will cache the file again from zero instead of 80%.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 13:25)BlueCop Wrote: ailingcoot: are you in a country that vevo is available? it seems like vevo isn't authorizing you.

krish_2k4: so do you just want a maximum size limit to stop caching new videos? You might have to manually turn caching on and off right now if you don't want videos saved.

yea like a maximum limit for the downloaded music videos.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-01, 15:02)BlueCop Wrote: dugan26: try checking get a new token.

Still no good -

Im also trying this on 2 different boxes (PC's) both with same results
Location USA NY

Any other ideas ?