Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 14:40)krish_2k4 Wrote: [quote='BlueCop' pid='1063840' dateline='1333365942']

yea like a maximum limit for the downloaded music videos.

better way to do is give a specific disk partition a certain size.

Personally I am not a fan of maximum limit and erasing the old cache.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - xboxpob - 2012-04-02

Turning on cache solved my problem with songs randomly pausing!
I've set the location to my usb external drive where all my media is stored, works great!!

I also tested adding it as a source for the concerts menu.  That also worked no problem!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 14:54)ailingcoot Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 14:40)krish_2k4 Wrote: [quote='BlueCop' pid='1063840' dateline='1333365942']

yea like a maximum limit for the downloaded music videos.

better way to do is give a specific disk partition a certain size.

Personally I am not a fan of maximum limit and erasing the old cache.

Was just an option, you can choose not to use it. And it is far easier to just put in a number for cache limit and let the addon do it's magic then setting up a partition.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 15:26)krish_2k4 Wrote: [

Was just an option, you can choose not to use it. And it is far easier to just put in a number for cache limit and let the addon do it's magic then setting up a partition.

Then choices of size might also be helpful as well as the on/off max limitation.
Smile

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 15:35)ailingcoot Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 15:26)krish_2k4 Wrote: [

Then choices of size might also be helpful as well as the on/off max limitation.
Smile

I was just thinking a simple cache limit, set it to however big you want it, or have it as 0 to disable it.

anyway its upto BlueCop, was just a suggestion as the musicvideos can build up if you use the addon a lot like me!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-03

krish_2k4: I am adding an additional setting to toggle the caching of new videos.

It will basically be a setting to stop caching anything new and only stream them. It will still use the cache if the video is available there.

You can manage the size for now. I will look into doing a check.

I will try to put this together later.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-03

@blucop
For the cache, will Vevo plug-in do a check to see if the cache is complete? I found that one song cached half will only play half and continued to the next song unless I deleted the cache file to re-cache.
That thing seems to not happen when XBMC restart(not sure).

Another question: Is there any way to bypass the authorization when cache enabled?

ailingcoot: The download is running in XBMC. if you shut it down then the download will stop. If it is mark it as failed in db then the next time you attempt to play the video it will delete and redownload.

The cache time should be almost exactly the length of the video because they limit the rate. It is designed for you to watch them as they download. If you complete watching the video then the cache is also done.

I will look into making sure those partial downloads from xbmc shutdown are marked as failed. They aren't getting marked correctly now. I don't see why you are starting a new uncached video, then stopping it before complete, and then shutting downing XBMC. This situation should be rare in my opinion. It is supposed to be used for watching the videos.

if your ip address isn't authorized for vevo then take that up with vevo. I don't really care. I don't set the restrictions. I can add a proxy handler for requests if you want to use that.

there is actually already code for a proxy handler commented out. I use it for debugging of requests. I would just need to add some settings for ip and port.

I wanted to add if you stop watching the video then it will continue to cache. It will take approximately the length of the video.

I am working on putting the watched check mark next to any video in the plugin that is cached. It should make it much easier to manage. It will also have delete options on the file item to remove the cache.

@blucop the proxy handler isn't necessary, thanks though.

The feature of continuing to cache is already on when users stop watching, which is great.(I stopped one video yesterday by accident and found it was still caching)

The unfinished cache wasn't that case, I didn't stop watching it. It just stopped and continued to the next video and I don't exactly know why. But it doesn't happen very open.

I believed that might due to the VEVO server, 95% of the video I could stream 1080P without any problem, But the others will transfer at 1Mbps or even slower that might even stop the cache.

By the way,this is one of the best maintained/designed plug-in, Thank you very much for the excellent work.

I committed an update that will put check marks next to cached videos listed in the plugin.

It does a download symbol for currently downloading videos.

There are also context items to delete cached files.

The information is from the cache db so could be different if you deleted files manually. It is just cosmetic though because it will re-cache if the file is missing or add it to the db if it is there. If you delete the video from the context item it will also remove it from the cachedb.

@blucop
updated and the plug-in didn't work at all.(which worked well in previous version)
here is the log.
http://pastebin.com/8U0QkQtD

ailingcoot: thanks. I committed a fix.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Machete - 2012-04-03

Hi Bluecop,

Is it possible to add the cache option to the youtube playback ?

Thanks.

@BlueCop
I tested the newest update just now and got one plug-in error, although it did start to play afterwards.

Here is the log
http://pastebin.com/Ew2ZMXVz

ailingcoot: that snippet isn't very informative. it doesn't include anything leading to the error.

Machete: I added a youtube fallback for caching in an update because a few videos weren't available on the primary vevo source.

I will look into changing it to be a setting that you can toggle to choose where it caches.