Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-01, 11:36)phish73 Wrote: I guess they have started enforcing the geo-lock, which means can only watch within the USA. Only other option is to watch thru youtube or use a VPN. Real-debrid wont resolve vevo links like it does for hulu, at least as far as i have tried, maybe someone can figure out for sure.

not sure add proxy setting in the plug-in would help the situation or not.(mostly not)

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - sattekop - 2012-06-12

Have tried the workaround by telling it to play from You Tube in the VEVO configuration, but on my system this is not working, what am I doing wrong?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - kreeturez - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 20:58)sattekop Wrote: Have tried the workaround by telling it to play from You Tube in the VEVO configuration, but on my system this is not working, what am I doing wrong?
Check you have the YouTube plugin installed (Videos --> Video Add Ons) and that you're able play videos via it.
If that's not the issue, drop a debug log our way...

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - sattekop - 2012-06-20

Yes YouTube is playing. Clicked in the setting to have Vevo played via You Tube.

How do I generate the debug log? What part of the log would you need_
Message on screen is playback failed, one or more items failed to play.

Thanks!!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - kreeturez - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-20, 00:49)sattekop Wrote: Yes YouTube is playing. Clicked in the setting to have Vevo played via You Tube.

Thanks!!

Frustratingly if you're outside the US, you still need a proxy-type service, even when playing these from the plugin via YouTube.

I'm guessing the site doesn't even pass the YouTube links without geo verification.

Try using a service like Unblock-US (they have a free trial), along with the YouTube setting (combination working for me), and revert if you have any luck...

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - jimmyhat - 2012-06-21

As I previously mentioned, I am in the US so I am not having issues playing the videos but rather getting my playlist to show up. I have check my username and password a million times. Any help would be much appreciated.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - sattekop - 2012-06-21

Can I only use the Unblock-US service for just XBMC and then only the Vevo service, or will I slow down my whole PC and XBMC?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - kreeturez - 2012-06-21

It works as a DNS proxy so only geo-locked requests are affected; nothing else. Works nicely for several different geolocked services...
So no slowdowns on Internet access.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - phish73 - 2012-06-26

Or maybe bluecop can add a proxy feature, like on his hulu addon, so we can use an http proxy for this addon only.
there are many fast free proxy servers for usa.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - jimmyhat - 2012-06-30

Is anyone able to pull up their playlists?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - tsddave - 2012-07-08

I had this working great until afew days ago and now when I select something to play it buffers for afew seconds and then stops.It doesnt crash though and I can still select other streams but they do the same.

Anyone know a fix?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - mrhyde1969 - 2012-07-15

(2012-06-30, 16:32)jimmyhat Wrote: Is anyone able to pull up their playlists?

was wondering this also

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-07-15

I tried to replicate the log-in problems by removing the vevo facebook app from the test facebook account. It would then fail to log-in because it presented click through for the user that aren't displayed. It expects a redirect with a token in it.

I then went to the website and signed in. I clicked through to authorize VEVO for facebook. I could then log-in again on the plug-in.

Do you guys have vevo accounts already associated with your facebook? or are you attempting to just log-in?

I am going to look at the facebook media program does login.

Update:
I committed an update that limits the scope of the login. Make sure you have already logged in on the site and managed your preferred settings for the app in your privacy settings.

I hope that it fixes the issues for you guy. Let me know if it does.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-07-16

bluecop: Could you please add the proxy settings to this plug-in?
Thanks a lot.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-07-16

ailingcoot: I committed an update to add a proxy setting.