Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - sem1noles - 2013-03-14

Can not get this to work on Frodo. Addon is listed as "broken" and states "dependencies not met". Not sure what this means as I'm new to XBMC. Any advise on a fix?

Never mind. Got it fixed. Apparently when I downloaded the repo the first time it was corrupted.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - colinjones - 2013-03-17

Can anyone tell me, does the new Vevo TV feature they added to the mobile app a few days ago appear automatically in the add in for people in the US? Or will it need an update?

I don't want to have to sign up for a VPN service just to find out it doesn't work yet. I really would like a 'continuous music video' service Smile

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Sooperfly - 2013-03-21

Hello...

I am currently having a problem with this addon.

I have installed it from the BlueCop Repo.

However, whenever I open it, XBMC just stays "Working" and Vevo never opens.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks...

Sooperfly

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - colinjones - 2013-03-21

BlueCop - any chance you could shed any light on this one please? Is the new TV function something you need to add to the menus in the script, or something that will alter appear automatically in the menus if it is available?
Rgds Col

(2013-03-17, 00:11)colinjones Wrote: Can anyone tell me, does the new Vevo TV feature they added to the mobile app a few days ago appear automatically in the add in for people in the US? Or will it need an update?

I don't want to have to sign up for a VPN service just to find out it doesn't work yet. I really would like a 'continuous music video' service Smile

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - adecold - 2013-03-22

Not speaking for bluecop, but i doubt. It's a new stream and isn't published the same as the on demand videos.
As a work around till the plugin gets updated you can create an strm file using the link i put above. (just copy paste it into a text file and play with xbmc).
I also noticed that the video stream has a weird encoding that cannot be hardware decoded on the MAC or iOS. You will will need to disable hardware decoding in settings to be successful

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - psburley - 2013-03-28

Hi I have XBMC installed on win 7 pc but when I look for vevo in video add ons I cant see it?? I use youtube add on fine - how do I get Vevo add on??

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dieselboy27 - 2013-03-31

Typically you would install teh repository in this case bluecop and tehn install the video addon.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - thebearnecessit - 2013-03-31

(2013-03-28, 12:52)psburley Wrote: Hi I have XBMC installed on win 7 pc but when I look for vevo in video add ons I cant see it?? I use youtube add on fine - how do I get Vevo add on??

if you look in video addons it just shows the addons you have already installed (youtube is one of the few that comes pre-installed)

then if you go to settings - addons - get addons it shows you the addons that that xbmc knows about (ie it shows you the addons available through the repositories that you have already installed (the xbmc.org repository is one of the few that comes pre-installed).

then if you go to settings - addons - install frmo zip, the you can install something by telling xbmc where your zip file is (install repositories or install addons as well, by downloading the zip file from the internet first and then using this facility in xbmc to tell xbmc about them)

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - edemir - 2013-04-06

(2013-03-13, 03:49)adecold Wrote: I fired up wireshark and figured out the rtmp link for streams intended for my computer. Unfortunately the h.264 video profile doesn't seem to be decodable by my Apple TV 2 setup.

Here's the link for anyone interested. I'm guessing it should work on other platforms with higher processing capabilities

Code:
rtmp://vevohp2livefs.fplive.net:1935/vevohp2live-live/ playpath=stream2272000 swfUrl=http://cache.vevo.com/livepassdl.conviva.com/ver/2.64.0.68610/LivePassModuleMain_osmf.swf pageUrl=http://www.vevo.com/

You can also switch to playpath=stream512000 for a smaller size video

Aw man, same thing here Sad

I really needed that channel to work on my atv 2

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dkplayaclub - 2013-04-09

I use this add-on quite a bit. I asked once before about this but I got an answer that didn't really help me. What I want to do is change the default view for Vevo so that every menu shows the same view type. I can manually go in and change them all, but that is THOUSANDS of menus and when new artist, shows etc come out, they are not changed,
I was told that I could edit the files somehow so that each time it calls for a new menu it gets the proper value, but that is all Greek to me. So I am here to ask if anyone would be willing to edit the necessary files for me, give me detailed instructions on how I could do it myself, or best case scenario to include an auto-view option for this addon.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dkplayaclub - 2013-04-09

I'm running frodo 12.1 on windows 7. Using Aeon Nox skin by the way. I would like all menus to appear in tripanel.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dkplayaclub - 2013-04-21

Anyone? This is really getting to me since there are THOUSANDS of menus within this add-on and the one time i spent the time to set them all manually I had 2 major problems. One was that whenever new content is added, it is not set to the same view, and two : when the add-on updates, EVERYTHING goes back to default view. I am not interested in wasting another 2 weeks setting this add-on up.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - kiboy6 - 2013-05-09

Love this addon so much.

For me, it only works using "play via youtube", but that works fine so that's no problem.

One thing I miss vs watching directly on youtube - I cannot easily add a video to my youtube account favourites.

In the youtube plugin i can do this easily via the context menu - is there any way the same feature could be incorporated into the VEVO plugin?

Thanks so much.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - redhalo - 2013-05-18

BlueCop: I'm using this with the xbmc.mylibrary program, but xbmc.mylibrary skips all folders with a "/" in the name. Is it possible to ammend this plugin to replace "/"s with another character or something?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - retrodans - 2013-05-19

Hope this is the right place to post this. I often use vevo, and have some playlists I like listening to, but have for a while wished there was a shuffle option. Today I decided to look further into it, whilst I am not an xbmc coder, I had a glance through the vevo python code (https://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-repo/source/browse/trunk/plugin.video.vevo/default.py?r=362) and saw on line 261 it references a shuffle option. Is this old code, or is there a shuffle option I just cannot seem to find. I believe I am using the newest version of xbmc and aeon nox, although if that makes a difference, let me know and I will attempt to confirm this.

Thanks for anyone tips you can give. Also, if you would rather I post this elsewhere, let me know.

Thanks,
Dan