Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

- junkiepilot - 2011-08-26

BlueCop Wrote:I am working on login and accessing playlists on the site right now. I want to be able to save all the vevo videos in the xbmc playlist to a vevo online playlist. It will also access the stored playlist online. I like this option because you can login into the website, build a playlist, and access it in xbmc.

Sweet! Building some playlists in preparation now.

- BlueCop - 2011-08-27

I committed the code for log-in and accessing your playlists saved on vevo.

You have to enter you email and pass for vevo in the settings and then launch the addon.

There is a new item Called 'My Playlists' which has all the playlists you have setup on the site. When you select one it will build an xbmc playlist of the videos and start playback.

I still need to add more code to save xbmc video playlists to the site. I think accessing them is more useful because you can setup your playlists you want to use any where.

Edit: I think I am going to implement a couple options for handling playlist from the site.

1. Build a playlist and play it. Like it is now except add a context menu item to list the contents like it was a directory.
2. The other behavior is to list the videos in a playlist. The playlist items will have a context menu to build and play though.

Edit 2:
I forgot to say I added an option A and B for related lists. these will return different videos. if anyone figures out what these mean I will label them better. this settings effects all related playlists build by the plugin.

- junkiepilot - 2011-08-27

Once again, Awesome update, Playlists are working great.

- rogeliob - 2011-08-27

Hi guys, does VEVO work outside the US?

I keep getting a Script failed!plugin.video.vevo

I using xbmc on apple tv.

- junkiepilot - 2011-08-27

rogeliob Wrote:Hi guys, does VEVO work outside the US?

It does in th uk. Why don't you try?

- rogeliob - 2011-08-27

I did, but when I try to get a Playlist I get a

Script failed!plugin.video.vevo

Also when I go to find a video nothing comes up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-27

rogeliob Wrote:I did, but when I try to get a Playlist I get a

Script failed!plugin.video.vevo

Also when I go to find a video nothing comes up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

best if you post a debug log for the developers to look at.

- nmirza - 2011-08-27

- BlueCop - 2011-08-27

I did another minor update to include Playlists sub category for VEVO Channels. It was just listing the videos before. It now has Videos and Playlists sub categories.

all playlists enqueued and shuffled together - ndeshmukh - 2011-09-03

Hi Bluecop,

The usr playlists cannot be bigger that 75 item on Vevo. I wanted all my playlist shuffles together and queued up. So I added some code to do so. It is here. Would be nice if you can incorporate similar functionaliyt so that I don't have to merge everytime.

http://pastebin.com/fcsSM9vc

ndeshmukh

- BlueCop - 2011-09-03

ndeshmukh: thanks for the changes. I am heading to bed now but will look into incorporating it tomorrow. I was in the midst of redoing the playlist code so it has options for listing videos in them.

- Set845 - 2011-09-03

BlueCop Wrote:ndeshmukh: thanks for the changes. I am heading to bed now but will look into incorporating it tomorrow. I was in the midst of redoing the playlist code so it has options for listing videos in them.

That would be Great. Will you be able to choose a video in the playlist as a starting point? How about skipping to the next video? I don't know about the other platforms but I can't do it on an ATV2. I find that after a while I get tired of some of them and I'm back on the computer to edit them out.

- BlueCop - 2011-09-03

you can do those things on the atv2. you should learn the button mapping and interface. there are short and long presses for the atv2 remote. I have one in my bedroom and the limited buttons drive me insane but you can do most anything with it. anway back to the trek.

- defluo - 2011-09-03

I'm trying to integrate this with my music library a bit more. On artist and album views I have the option to search for videos by the selected artist

Code:
        <control type="button" id="517">
                <posx>35</posx>
                <posy>640</posy>
                <width>139</width>
                <height>30</height>
                <font>Font_Neon_24</font>
                <align>center</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <label>Search for Videos</label>
                <ondown>599</ondown>
                <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                <align>center</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <texturenofocus border="5">confluence/button-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <texturefocus border="10">confluence/button-focus.png</texturefocus>
                <font>Font_Neon_20</font>
                <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vevo.com%2Fartist%2F$INFO[ListItem.Artist]&mode=listArtistsVideos",return)</onclick>
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(599) + [Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(artists)]</visible>
            </control>

This works fine for all artists with one name. I.e. Adele, Akon, Beyonce. However it won't work for multiple names as the name XBMC has is - for example - kanye west whereas VEVO is expecting kanye-west.
Do you have any suggestions for a workaround to this problem?

- BlueCop - 2011-09-03

yea you want a url encoded version of the name. you are also going to run into problem with special characters as well. i would use urllib.quote_plus() in python. can you call that?