[RELEASE] GameTrailers Original Shows - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] GameTrailers Original Shows (/showthread.php?tid=109219)
[RELEASE] GameTrailers Original Shows - AssChin79 - 2011-09-02 21:11
I've been an XBMC user for nearly as long as XBMC has existed (XBOX1) but I'm a C#.NET/Java developer and I have avoided extensions/addons/plugins mostly because I'm not the world's biggest Python fan.
Anyways, many thanks to developer iZE for his great GameTrailers.com script. As good as it is, I really wanted a way to jump directly to my favorite GT shows and specials so I created a script to fetch my personal favorite programs.
GameTrailers.com Exclusive Content
Indexed Shows ***
** Requires free GT user account (versions 2.0 and up do not require an account)
***Channels in versions 2.0 and up are dynamically determined by the server so channels can come and go with no change to the add-on
- Initial release
- Added show thumbnail images
- Added platform categories
- Fixed bug with Spotlight: DS/3DS
- Fixed bug with Spotlight: Wii
- Added support for user login / cookie handling
- Added new content: Top 100 Trailers of all time
- Added new content: GT Countdown (requires GT account)
- Added new content: GT Retrospectives (requires GT account)
- Added new content: GT Top 20 Today (requires GT account)
- Added new content: Pop Fiction (requires GT account)
- Added new content: Science of Games (requires GT account)
- Added new content: ScrewAttack (requires GT account)
- Fixed bug that caused script to fail if cookies folder was absent
- Added new content: GT Newest Videos (requires GT account)
- Added new content: GT Game of the Year Awards 2011
- Created more reliable server-side feed index generator
- Added dynamic discovery of channels
- Added ability to define custom 'User' channel
- Added ability to sort by any data-field in the index
- Added ability to define video sort order and upper limit
- Added support for paging
Tested on XBMC for Windows / x64 Windows 7
This is my first Python program so it will probably crash and burn if anything goes wrong but I figured I'd share just in case anyone else wanted this.
Download v2.0.0 (Mirror): http://baileysoft.no-ip.org:8080/files/plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives.zip
GameTrailers.com: Exclusive Shows is now in the official Dharma XBMC.org repo.
Download v1.0.3 (MediaFire): http://download283.mediafire.com/ogahsvgd79ug/vyat5iaw9e3vqbs/plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives.zip
Download v1.0.5 (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g0m7e92cf7k8bvd
- KidVulcan - 2011-09-05 00:06
Wow, thanks soooo much I was so saddened by the untimely demise of Dan Dare's add-on If this one works then I am indeed in your debt.
One feature request though, would it be possible to add GTtv to this as well?
- AssChin79 - 2011-09-06 00:08
KidVulcan Wrote:Wow, thanks soooo much I was so saddened by the untimely demise of Dan Dare's add-on If this one works then I am indeed in your debt.
It seems to work really well at the moment; I've been using it (in testing) for a few weeks now. I had some issues spoofing the iTunes headers but once I got that correct everything seems to run smoothly.
KidVulcan Wrote:One feature request though, would it be possible to add GTtv to this as well
Yea, I'm looking into that as well as GT Retrospectives, ScrewAttack, and Countdowns specials. For the initial release I just wanted to be able to scrape the things I follow religiously (GT Reviews and the Bonus Round). Now that I know how it all works I can dig into some more meaty extensions.
Error when trying install it - zidewinder - 2011-09-06 19:23
Hi and thank you for a wonderful plugin for Xbmc, but
The problem is that when i try to install it from .zip file i got a error message.
Add-on does not have the correct structure
Version of addon: 1.01
Xbmc version: Git:20110825-44b59c9 Compiled 25 aug
Thankful if u can help me.
- AssChin79 - 2011-09-06 19:51
zidewinder Wrote:Hi and thank you for a wonderful plugin for Xbmc, but
Create a folder in: %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons called plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives and unzip the files into it.
I've updated the v1.0.1 version to include the root folder so it should install OK now.
- zidewinder - 2011-09-06 20:59
AssChin79 Wrote:Create a folder in: %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons called plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives and unzip the files into it.
I did the unpacking thing becouse the new .rar gived me same error again.
Now i find Gametrailers 1.01 in Videos/Add-ons but when i click the icon nothing happends =(
Edit: i put the the 5 files in "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives"
- AssChin79 - 2011-09-06 21:38
Just go ahead and get it from the Official Repo. Its called Gametrailers.com - Original Shows
- skeletorjus - 2011-09-06 22:51
zidewinder Wrote:I did the unpacking thing becouse the new .rar gived me same error again.Try renaming Default.py to default.py (with the lowercase d). Worked for me.
- zidewinder - 2011-09-06 23:20
skeletorjus Wrote:Try renaming Default.py to default.py (with the lowercase d). Worked for me.
Now its working =) Thank you very much.
Now i only waiting for Screwattack and AVGN =)
Buffering issue - zidewinder - 2011-09-07 14:37
Hi again. The plugin working perfect now except i got alot of buffering issues
after one episode of something. And when this happends i need to wait 1 hour or so to see a new episode.
Anyone else who have this problem?