Kodi Community Forum
Release GlobalSearch Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release GlobalSearch Script (/showthread.php?tid=109301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Dirki - 2016-12-17

Thank you very much, would be great.

How could one create a shortcut to open the search window?

And how could one make GlobalSearch to open with the last string / movie / series being searched?

Many thanks again

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2016-12-17

to run the script:
Code:
RunScript(script.globalsearch)

you can also pass a searchstring to the script:
Code:
RunScript(script.globalsearch,searchstring=foo)

but i don't think there's an easy way run it with the last string you searched for.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Dirki - 2016-12-17

Quote:RunScript(script.globalsearch)
Quote:RunScript(script.globalsearch,searchstring=foo)
Thank you very much, sorry, where do I have to add it? In some xml file, I guess.
What is the difference between them?

Quote:but i don't think there's an easy way run it with the last string you searched for.
So you have to enter the same string again and again when keep searching the same video. May be there is a manner to copy the string before start searching, may be by a mouse right click or so?

Thank you very much again

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - SANGER_A2 - 2016-12-25

I'm sure this has already been asked, but I read the first and last five pages of this forum and the wiki page and couldn't find out. How can I change the settings to search within the plot of movies and TV shows as well as the title please? I'm just using the default kodi skin in jarvis and the automatically added button to launch the addon. I also looked through a load of the xml files in the addons folders too. I assumed I have to add property(plot) somewhere.

Thanks very much.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2016-12-25

you can't with this addon.

the built-in search in kodi (available from the side menu in the video library) does allow you to search the plot though.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - SANGER_A2 - 2016-12-25

(2016-12-25, 14:20)ronie Wrote: you can't with this addon.

the built-in search in kodi (available from the side menu in the video library) does allow you to search the plot though.
Thanks for replying. On Christmas day too! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] That's a shame. You get a rubbish search results view from that though and you can't view the details of one movie and then back out and look at another without having to do the search all over again. Any way of getting search results from that in a similar formats to global search (or change the global search py file to search within plot too (I have a reasonable knowledge of python).

Sent from my MI 2S

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2016-12-25

i'm guess it can be done by altering the json queries in the addon.
it's not something i'll likely add to the globalsearch addon.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - toeggi - 2017-01-11

Do you plan on adding hits for other metadata like Studio?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-01-11

nope, no such plans at this moment.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - toeggi - 2017-01-11

Then consider this a feature request Big Grin It might also be nice with full-text search as in being able to search anything in our databases Smile

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Rantanplan-1 - 2017-01-13

if i start a Trailer from my "script-globalsearch-infodialog.xml" (Skinfile) i still see parts of "script-globalsearch-main.xml" (Background and header)

As this problem doesnt exist in estuary it may is a Skinissue (but im not shure), shuld'nt start a Trailer eighter switch to videofullscreen or close "script-globalsearch-main.xml"?

i did already try to close it via an additional "<onclick>Dialog.Close(script-globalsearch-main.xml)</onclick>" in "button" id="193" which didnt work.

--

Skinissue? Or Script problem?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-01-13

skin issue, see included readme: https://github.com/ronie/script.globalsearch/blob/krypton/README.txt#L252

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Rantanplan-1 - 2017-01-14

i see

tnks!

--

2nd question

(Feature Request)

Would be nice if the Trailer would be available via

PHP Code:
Container(100).ListItem.Property(Trailer
(Just if doable and u finde some sparetime)

reason is that i did try to finde a way to play the Trailer within the Infodialog, like i do it in "DialogVideoInfo.xml"
If this would be / is possible, without having a Infolable, i would thake that suggesation as well of course.

(Not to important for me, but if it isnt to much work..., just to try to keep stuff act the same way all over the Skin.)

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-01-14

it should be available already. all infolabels that are available in the main window are also available in the infodialog
there's even a 'play trailer' button (id=193) in the infodialog.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Angelinas - 2017-02-15

@ronie

I created new dialogs for AeonMQ and one thing is missing for me Art for Music videos
This is always empty...for all other content work ok...Can you see is somthing missing
Code:
Container(151).ListItem.Art(fanart)

here how look Smile