Kodi Community Forum
Release GlobalSearch Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release GlobalSearch Script (/showthread.php?tid=109301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - lepoilu - 2018-04-12

Hi Ronie,

Since the v8.0.4 update, Global Search can not find anything in the media search.
With Kodi's search, no worries.

Tested on PC and Android, it's the same ...

Thank you

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2018-04-12

Debug Log please

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - lepoilu - 2018-04-12

Hi Ronie,

I redid a clean installation:

- Kodi 17.6 PC => OK
- Kodi 18 Alpha1 PC => Ok
- Kodi 18 Alpha2 PC => OK
- Kodi 18 Alpha2 PC + BDSQL => Ok
- Kodi 18 Alpha2 Android TV Shield + BDSQL => Ok
I found a personal problem and proceed in order of elimination I found the cause, the file favorites.xml which contained these data:
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Global Search" thumb="special://home/addons/script.globalsearch/icon.png">RunAddon(script.globalsearch)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Extensions Programmes" thumb="DefaultAddonProgram.png">ActivateWindow(10040,&quot;addons://user/xbmc.addon.executable&quot;,return)</favourite>
</favourites>

This blocked the search in the media library, and not the rest of the searches that are independent.
I copied pasted my old installation without the xml file and it's good, it works.

Thanks again for the search, which now ignores capitalization.

Thank you !

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2018-04-12

thanx for the info!

i'll fix the issue with favourites in globalsearch 8.0.5

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - akovia - 2018-04-25

Is this script capable of searching for an edited main title, and/or a season title?

I have a huge library of anime, and most all of them have an English alias. Sometimes tvdb doesn't use the alias I've come to know a show by and I will edit the main title, or the season title. I noticed on the wiki page this can search fields that aren't exposed to the addon configuration settings. Can I make a manual edit to search these fields?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2018-04-25

yes, for movies that should work out of the box (only tested with kodi leia, don't know about krypton).

the script doesn't search for seasons, only tv shows. but it will list all available seasons (edited or not) when you enter a tv shows.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - akovia - 2018-04-26

(2018-04-25, 22:35)ronie Wrote: yes, for movies that should work out of the box (only tested with kodi leia, don't know about krypton).

the script doesn't search for seasons, only tv shows. but it will list all available seasons (edited or not) when you enter a tv shows.
 Thanks for the reply!

I guess it won't do what I need then. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do.

This particular show is listed in thetvdb as both "Cool Couple" and "Iketeru Futari"
When I scrape it, I used the default "Cool Couple" title as the TV show name, so it then lists it in my library as such.
I then edited the title of season 1 as "Iketeru Futari", which also matches the text of my and tvdb's cover art. (and is actually the title I know it by)
Of course then a search for Iketereu produces nothing. :\

Anime is such a PITA to categorize properly since they hardly ever adhere to a traditional naming of seasons. A season can have a name that doesn't reflect the season before of after it. And depending where you get your information from, you might come to know a season/series by a totally different name. I was hoping to take advantage of the way kodi works to be able to add the season names as the titles I know them by, and be able to search them out.

Is there any chance at all of supporting season searches in the future, or even a dirty hack to get some functionality?
Either way, thanks for the great plugin!

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2018-04-27

nope... kodi doesn't have a search interface for seasons, like it does for movies or tv shows.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - akovia - 2018-04-28

I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

I did a little more research and found this thread about custom season names that hasn't been resolved yet. If I understand it correctly, this will list the custom season names inside the tvshow.nfo with the namedseason tag.
:
<namedseason number="1"></namedseason>
If that ever becomes a reality, will that allow the search to find them, or is it a fundamental problem with what fields kodi exposes to be searched? 

Just wondering if I can hold out any hopes for the future, or if I should just go ahead and crush my dreams now. Tongue

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Karellen - 2018-04-28

(2018-04-28, 00:00)akovia Wrote: I did a little more research and found this thread about custom season names that hasn't been resolved yet. If I understand it correctly, this will list the custom season names inside the tvshow.nfo with the namedseason tag.
The issue was resolved a few weeks ago and is now part of the v18 nightlies. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - akovia - 2018-04-28

(2018-04-28, 00:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-04-28, 00:00)akovia Wrote: I did a little more research and found this thread about custom season names that hasn't been resolved yet. If I understand it correctly, this will list the custom season names inside the tvshow.nfo with the namedseason tag.
The issue was resolved a few weeks ago and is now part of the v18 nightlies. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename   
 Fantastic!
Will have to study up on v18. Some dreams still come true.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - irafihggnaba - 2018-05-12

How can I make when I click the movies on Globalsearch, I want it to open the movie info (return to my Titan skin) instead of playing the movies.

Please help mee. thank you

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - furhat - 2018-06-22

Hi, 

It seems that Global Search can't play videos currently in progress, is this perhaps a bug or working as intended? 

//furhat

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - somy - 2018-07-27

Hi, does this plugin support search by file name? I have a lot of private home videos which are properly named, hence the question, thx!

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - xbozzo - 2018-08-20

(2018-07-27, 11:23)somy Wrote: Hi, does this plugin support search by file name? I have a lot of private home videos which are properly named, hence the question, thx!
I don't think so, because your homevideos aren't indexed into the database which is used for searching.
Its not a problem with the addon, it just can't find the filenames, because none are stored in the database (for homevideos which aren't indexed by kodi itself as a movie or a tv episode or something else).