Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- bluray - 2011-09-19

Guilestudio Wrote:Dunno, but with PowerDVD11 I have HD audio... go figure...

So, installed version is not Dharma, but pre-Eden, right? Player is DVDPlayer, right? I'll try that when I get home.

Thanks!
you must have missed something for tmt5 not to work. tmt5 works on all 4 htpc that i built flawless.

to bitstream hd audio, you can follow these guides and you do not need any special playercorefactory or advancesetting code either. here are the guides- post #1 and some screen shots of pre-eden settings- post #11

- hardrock_121 - 2011-09-19

bluray Wrote:you can try sr608 first with speaker configuration set to stereo. if that doesn't work, you can try realtek (realtek high def audio) with speaker configuration set to stereo.

you have to launch xbmc from pre-eden folder to see all the hd audio options.

I am sure 608 doesnt work.. but will try the realtec and see.

I did launch xbmc from the pre edn folder for sure.. is it getting mixed up with the current setup ??

- bluray - 2011-09-19

hardrock_121 Wrote:I am sure 608 doesnt work.. but will try the realtec and see.

I did launch xbmc from the pre edn folder for sure.. is it getting mixed up with the current setup ??
as long as you launch xbmc from pre-eden folder, it is okay for the settings to mix up when you launch pre-eden for the first time. after you launched pre-eden, you can setup pre-eden to the proper settings and try not to launch dharma 10.1 anymore because it will mess up pre-eden profile.

to make sure that pre-eden is the main launcher, you can follow this post #11

- Guilestudio - 2011-09-19

bluray Wrote:you must have missed something for tmt5 not to work. tmt5 works on all 4 htpc that i built flawless.

to bitstream hd audio, you can follow these guides and you do not need any special playercorefactory or advancesetting code either. here are the guides- post #1 and some screen shots of pre-eden settings- post #11

Hi again bluray,

as my machine is new, I installed full pre-Eden and I'm getting HD audio.
My problem is TMT5. What version do you use?

And please, confirm that you use the default DVDPlayer to play bd disc on bd-rom.

Thanx!

- bluray - 2011-09-20

Guilestudio Wrote:Hi again bluray,

as my machine is new, I installed full pre-Eden and I'm getting HD audio.
My problem is TMT5. What version do you use?

this version- TotalMedia Theatre 5

Guilestudio Wrote:And please, confirm that you use the default DVDPlayer to play bd disc on bd-rom.

Thanx!
i don't think that dvdplayer can playback bd because that is for dvd stuff. have you try to playback bd index.bdmv on bd-rom using pre-eden? it should work as is.

- hardrock_121 - 2011-09-20

bluray Wrote:as long as you launch xbmc from pre-eden folder, it is okay for the settings to mix up when you launch pre-eden for the first time. after you launched pre-eden, you can setup pre-eden to the proper settings and try not to launch dharma 10.1 anymore because it will mess up pre-eden profile.

to make sure that pre-eden is the main launcher, you can follow this post #11

realtec didnt work either.. anyone else has this issueeHuh I dont think this is hardware related because its sandy bridge machine with 4 gb ram..so its faily new.. what else can I try to stop the choppy playback. Mind you I dont have the dxva2 checked because someone on core i3s it does work from what i have known in the past.

Also, pre eden is reading from prev version setting.. surprisingly if i launch your xbmc_hd_adio folder it reads fine.. but when i launch from pre eden it messes up... gradually xbmc is getting onto my nerves now...

Cant do custom navigation
cant do bitstream
aeon mq2 is most aesthetic but very slow sometimes
still couldnot figure out why some scanned files dont make it into library, others do.SadSad

- drpete - 2011-09-22

Got it all working...Just dont understand why the truehd sounds so "low" put in on DD and it is friggen loud...dont change anything except track in xbmc to the truehd/dtsma and it is low again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter

- Schwiing - 2011-09-22

Bought this list for my new HTPC

1. APEX MI-008
2. Intel BOXDH67CFB3 LGA 1155
3. Scythe SY1225SL12M 120mm
4. LG Black 12X BD-ROM
5. HP OEM Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control
6. SAPPHIRE 100324L Radeon HD 6570 2GB
7. Intel Core i3-2100T Sandy Bridge
8. Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500)
9. Corsair Force CSSD-F40GB2-A 2.5" 40GB

Cost around $500. We'll see if it works. Thanks for the list Blu-ray!

- bluray - 2011-09-22

Schwiing Wrote:Bought this list for my new HTPC

1. APEX MI-008
2. Intel BOXDH67CFB3 LGA 1155
3. Scythe SY1225SL12M 120mm
4. LG Black 12X BD-ROM
5. HP OEM Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control
6. SAPPHIRE 100324L Radeon HD 6570 2GB
7. Intel Core i3-2100T Sandy Bridge
8. Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500)
9. Corsair Force CSSD-F40GB2-A 2.5" 40GB

Cost around $500. We'll see if it works. Thanks for the list Blu-ray!
i'm jealous because that will be one powerful htpc...you'll enjoy it!

- bluray - 2011-09-22

drpete Wrote:Got it all working...Just dont understand why the truehd sounds so "low" put in on DD and it is friggen loud...dont change anything except track in xbmc to the truehd/dtsma and it is low again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter
it could be that your a/v receiver is using different mode when you changed to dd. if it is the same movie, why do you need to change to change it back and forth between truehd and dd anyway? if the movie has dts-hd or truehd codec, you can leave it as dts-hd or truehd and adjust the a/v receiver mode and volume to suit your listening mood!

the volume for all audio codecs seems to be very similar level on my avr, and i usually selected thx/dp iix height/dts-hd or truehd!

- bluray - 2011-09-22

hardrock_121 Wrote:realtec didnt work either.. anyone else has this issueeHuh I dont think this is hardware related because its sandy bridge machine with 4 gb ram..so its faily new.. what else can I try to stop the choppy playback. Mind you I dont have the dxva2 checked because someone on core i3s it does work from what i have known in the past.

Also, pre eden is reading from prev version setting.. surprisingly if i launch your xbmc_hd_adio folder it reads fine.. but when i launch from pre eden it messes up... gradually xbmc is getting onto my nerves now...

Cant do custom navigation
cant do bitstream
aeon mq2 is most aesthetic but very slow sometimes
still couldnot figure out why some scanned files dont make it into library, others do.SadSad
are you trying to configure i3 igpu?

if you are trying to launch xbmc using different version, you might want to delete guiesettings and profile in roaming/xbmc/userdate before launching another version. if that doesn't work, you can delete databse too.

- zYxMa - 2011-09-23

Hey guys.

@bluray I followed your first post. BD Disc in not recognized when inserted, not sure if xbmc detects the disc automatically or what.

To test DTS-HD I played a mkv file with dtshd sound in it. The xbmc starts playing the sound, but no video. Almost immadiately xbmc crashes.

Not sure if your solution is for BlurRay movies only, but I can't seem to play bluray movies at all. Unless I don't know how to play BD discs in xbmc or I'm doing something wrong.

My hw:
i7-2600K, ati HD6990, yamaha rx-v467 and Panasonic P50VT20 3D Plasma TV, 10M high speed with ethernet HDMI cable.

Off course everything works using PDVD11 or TMT5.

I am probably missing something in my setup, but what Sad

Passthrough output device is: Error - no device found

Please advise.

- bluray - 2011-09-24

zyxma- first of all, you have a very powerful htpc, a very good surround sound system and a very good hdtv. you can try these:

1. rename profile, guisettings and database in roaming>xbmc>userdata folder to profile_orig, guisettings_orig and database_orig.
2. make sure that you select ati hdmi as sound playback and configure speaker to "stereo" in control panel.
3. in ati catalyst control panel center, manually adjust screen res to fill in the entire hdtv screen.
4.. in xbmc, make sure that you do these:
to make life easier, you can leave audio output device and passthrough output device as "default".
5. calibrate hdtv screen using xbmc video calibration.
6. you can try to launch xbmc from xbm_hd_audio folder again. you may need to add video source again.

- richarddc79 - 2011-09-24

Hi,

I have installed the latest nightly build from the xbmc website and I am able to playback blu-ray iso (decrypted) no problem, but I was wondering I have ANYDVD-HD running and was wondering is it possible for me to be able to play a BD disk natively, if so how do I go about this.

- HellStorm666 - 2011-09-24

I followed the instructions on page 1,
Everything went OK, DTS-HD MA, DD True HD and all are working.
but.... i got one little annoying thing. Sometimes, like say every 10 min., i got a little hick-up in the sound.
How can I fix this?

What I did:
Installed the newest ATI drivers
Installed the realtek AMD HDMI Audio driver
Downloaded the XBMC HD folder and overwritten the original folder with this one.
Configured in W7 the audiodevice as stereo
Did the configuration in XBMC

What I have:
Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EARS, 1.5TB
Recom MC1 Silent Edition
Silverstone NT01-E
AMD Athlon II X2 245e Boxed
Belkin Draadloze N1 Vision
OCZ Agility 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD 40GB
Kingston HyperX Genesis KHX1600C9AD3K2/4G
Asrock 870 Extreme3
ATI Sapphire HD5570 512MB GDDR5 PCI-E
Onkyo TX-SR607 Zwart
Panasonic TX-P42U10
Jamo S 606 HCS 3 Zwart
Infinity PSW8CH Zwart

All running on Win 7 x64 Ultimate (stripped down)