Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- bluray - 2011-10-19

makromorphago Wrote:Hey Blu!
When I tried out your pre-Eden HD Audio version and started a BD from my ROM, XBMC told me, that it coud not open it. Is it really true, that it natively plays BD, and I mean Bluray Discs, not Iso or what so ever.
Because I would love that to work. Maybe I did something wrong then, so I could come back to you for help!
Thx
yes, it'll playback bd movie directly on bd-rom. if your bd is encrypted, you might want to download one of these- dvdfab passkey or anydvd hd. it'll decrypt protection in the background. follow visual instruction as shown below to setup xbmc_hd:

insert bd movie

- bluray - 2011-10-19

clubwerks Wrote:Hey, bluray, have you run across this problem yet? I have four movies, basically the Jack Ryan series of Tom Clancy movies. All with DTS audio. They all play fine on nightlies, but on this version, the audio has horrible stuttering, choppiness, static. Hard to describe. The video is perfect. Like I said, they play perfectly on nightlies. I went ahead and ripped The Hunt for Red October with TrueHD and that works fine as well on this version. They're the only four movies that I've ever had problems with, I find it odd that they are from the same series. All four are mkvs with DTS, all around 10-12 GB. Good releases.
did you setup audio output as shown below?

you can try other a/v sync method as shown below:

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

Of course I did. None of those settings make a single bit of difference. I even tried removing Catalyst 11.9 and reinstalling 11.8.

In reading through some of the audio engine threads, it appears it's not an isolated problem. It only affects certain movies. I think I read something about it affecting 24 fps movies only. I can verify that two of those movies are 24 fps for sure. The other two I didn't check.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

But, hey, I'm watching Thor in DTSHDMA right now. Sounds great! I'll just switch back and forth between this version and nightlies because besides the odd movie problem, the hulu plugin does not work on this version and works perfectly in nightlies.

- bluray - 2011-10-19

clubwerks Wrote:But, hey, I'm watching Thor in DTSHDMA right now. Sounds great! I'll just switch back and forth between this version and nightlies because besides the odd movie problem, the hulu plugin does not work on this version and works perfectly in nightlies.
thor with 7.1 dts-hd surround sound is superb, but it is not my type of movie. my kids and wife like it though!

- acemt - 2011-10-19

clubwerks Wrote:Of course I did. None of those settings make a single bit of difference. I even tried removing Catalyst 11.9 and reinstalling 11.8.

In reading through some of the audio engine threads, it appears it's not an isolated problem. It only affects certain movies. I think I read something about it affecting 24 fps movies only. I can verify that two of those movies are 24 fps for sure. The other two I didn't check.

I too have noticed this problem with certain video. Thanks for great HD audio on the newest movies, but some of my concert videos Stutter horribly now with this build, never did with Dharma or the newer Pre-edens. Seems to be a problem with this build and certain refresh rates. Seems to be 24fps related.....

- makromorphago - 2011-10-19

bluray Wrote:yes, it'll playback bd movie directly on bd-rom. if your bd is encrypted, you might want to download one of these- dvdfab passkey or anydvd hd. it'll decrypt protection in the background. follow visual instruction as shown below to setup xbmc_hd:

insert bd movie

So how do I setup AnyDVD (I´ve got Version 6.7.6) to decrypt automatically in the background.
When I put in a BluRay on my new set up HTPC XBMC more or less freezes. Why might that be?
Thanx for your reply, Blu!

- bluray - 2011-10-19

makromorphago Wrote:So how do I setup AnyDVD (I´ve got Version 6.7.6) to decrypt automatically in the background.
When I put in a BluRay on my new set up HTPC XBMC more or less freezes. Why might that be?
Thanx for your reply, Blu!
did you install the proper driver for your bd-rom? the driver cd always included in bd-rom package or you can install the latest driver from their website. if your htpc is less than powerful, you might want to select "high perfromance" power option in w7 control panel.

did you install anydvd hd or the standard anydvd? bd required anydvd hd. you do not have to do anything to it, because it'll automatically decrypt bd in the background.

- greg631 - 2011-10-19

Bluray -

I'm still working through the thread (page 15), but I see you are online.

One quick question ...

Does this work on the xbmc Live version, or only the Win ver?

Can't wait to try this tonight !!!

Thanks.

Greg

- bluray - 2011-10-19

greg631 Wrote:Bluray -

I'm still working through the thread (page 15), but I see you are online.

One quick question ...

Does this work on the xbmc Live version, or only the Win ver?

Can't wait to try this tonight !!!

Thanks.

Greg
i never use live version. i use this xbmc_hd with nothing other than w7!

- greg631 - 2011-10-19

bluray Wrote:i never use live version. i use this xbmc_hd with nothing other than w7!

OK, thanks for the reply.
Smile

Someone else asked about the July ver of pre-Eden.... Any plans to update to a newer version?

Any idea if the following will work (ZOTAC ION-GPU-A-E ION Graphics Processor 512MB DDR3 PCI Express x1)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500164

If not, I can order one of those suggested above, and get a head start on the delivery process, rather than trying it tonight to find I need to order it anyway.

TY!

- bluray - 2011-10-19

greg631 Wrote:OK, thanks for the reply.
Smile

Someone else asked about the July ver of pre-Eden.... Any plans to update to a newer version?

Any idea if the following will work (ZOTAC ION-GPU-A-E ION Graphics Processor 512MB DDR3 PCI Express x1)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500164

If not, I can order one of those suggested above, and get a head start on the delivery process, rather than trying it tonight to find I need to order it anyway.

TY!
i'm not sure about the spec of the zotac in the link. it might not support dts-hd and truehd. this $25 gt430 gpu from newegg will serve you well- MSI N430GT-MD1GD3-OC/LP GeForce GT 430 , and you might want to grab it before it's gone!

- greg631 - 2011-10-19

bluray Wrote:i'm not sure about the spec of the zotac in the link. it might not support dts-hd and truehd. this $25 gt430 gpu from newegg will serve you well- MSI N430GT-MD1GD3-OC/LP GeForce GT 430 , and you might want to grab it before it's gone!

AWESOME, thanks!

I saw that while browsing newegg, and wasn't sure it would work.
Hard to pass up at $25.... Gotta love Newegg. Smile

Busy weekend coming up now...lol

thanks again bluray

- acemt - 2011-10-19

Bluray,

Any ideas as to what might be causing the stuttering in 24fps media. Several of us are seeing it. I noticed you haven't addressed this yet

Thanks

Mark

- bluray - 2011-10-19

acemt Wrote:Bluray,

Any ideas as to what might be causing the stuttering in 24fps media. Several of us are seeing it. I noticed you haven't addressed this yet

Thanks

Mark
is it video stuttering or audio stuttering? what bd movie do you want me to try? currently my hdtv is dead, but i'll get another led hdtv. after i bought a new led hdtv, i'll give it a shot.