Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-17

bluray Wrote:unfortunately, i don't see any action in xbmc roadmap for the next 2yrs.

roadmap

Neither I do! So how to proceed?
a) Hang on to the "old" HD-Audio pre-eden until the developers assume HD audio is important? -> Loosing the ability to incorporate new features that HD-Audio pre-Eden has not.
b) Switch to an alternative XBMC HD-Audio solution? DSCodec, MPC-HC as external player, etc? None of these worked for me yet...

Very unsatisfying ...

- bluray - 2011-11-17

Parker_Payne Wrote:Neither I do! So how to proceed?
a) Hang on to the "old" HD-Audio pre-eden until the developers assume HD audio is important? -> Loosing the ability to incorporate new features that HD-Audio pre-Eden has not.
b) Switch to an alternative XBMC HD-Audio solution? DSCodec, MPC-HC as external player, etc? None of these worked for me yet...

Very unsatisfying ...
"a" seem to be the best choice for bitstreaming using xbmc!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-17

Parker_Payne Wrote:Neither I do! So how to proceed?

Very unsatisfying ...

B- would be my option.

I'm sure clubwerks posted a very good playercorefactory that allowed almost seemless integration of MPC (only launches when a HD Audio format is found, then he mapped the same keys from xbmc to MPC and runs it seamlessly from there)

I'm also positive that DSplayer was updated to a very recent nightly build (a few days ago)

Both of these options are better (IMO) than the old xbmc test version as they will provide a far superior experience overall in terms of Picture quality, audio quality and overall features etc Nod

- bluray - 2011-11-17

PatrickBateman Wrote:B- would be my option.

I'm sure clubwerks posted a very good playercorefactory that allowed almost seemless integration of MPC (only launches when a HD Audio format is found, then he mapped the same keys from xbmc to MPC and runs it seamlessly from there)

I'm also positive that DSplayer was updated to a very recent nightly build (a few days ago)

Both of these options are better (IMO) than the old xbmc test version as they will provide a far superior experience overall in terms of Picture quality, audio quality and overall features etc Nod
it still required an external playercorefactory. i moved out of a messy external playercorefactory since july. if i want to use external player, i have a very good arcsoft tmt5 for that purpose. after i moved to pre-eden in july, i never look back. it can natively playback bd iso/m2ts/mkv/index.bdmv with dts-hd/truehd flawless so far.

PatrickBateman Wrote:B- would be my option.

Could you help where to find? I've searched his posts, especially in the Pre-Eden DSPlayer-thread and this thread here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114453 but was not successful.

A little bit off topic, but how did you manage to get MPC-HC work properly? Me (and lots of other users) always face a stuttering issue as explained here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96122

Regards

bluray Wrote:it can natively playback bd iso/m2ts/mkv/index.bdmv with dts-hd/truehd flawless so far.

Your Pre-Eden HD Audio solution is currently semi-optimal for me. DTS-HD works well (sometimes a few hearable dropouts, 1-3 in a movie) but True-HD is not that good (hearable dropouts every 1-2 minutes). So am looking for a 100% solution...

- bluray - 2011-11-17

Parker_Payne Wrote:Your Pre-Eden HD Audio solution is currently semi-optimal for me. DTS-HD works well (sometimes a few hearable dropouts, 1-3 in a movie) but True-HD is not that good (hearable dropouts every 1-2 minutes). So am looking for a 100% solution...
i'm not sure why some can bitstream fluently with pre-eden and some has trouble. mine is fine!

if you haven't configure mpc-hc to bitstream hd audio, you might want to follow my guides here to configure mpc-hc:post #89 and post #90. you can try to bitstream with mpc-hc by itself first.

i hope that you can fine a better solution to bitstream!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-18

bluray Wrote:i'm not sure why some can bitstream fluently with pre-eden and some has trouble. mine is fine!

if you haven't configure mpc-hc to bitstream hd audio, you might want to follow my guides here to configure mpc-hc:post #89 and post #90. you can try to bitstream with mpc-hc by itself first.

i hope that you can fine a better solution to bitstream!

bluray Wrote:it can natively playback bd iso/m2ts/mkv/index.bdmv with dts-hd/truehd flawless so far.

He's not the only one, there are many who have issues with this old development build.

It is defiantly not "flawless" Oo otherwise it would have been branched and pulled into Eden, or at the very least into a newer build of pre-eden.

It's developmental, it's getting old, it's buggy, it doesn't work for everyone, it has noticeable audio drop outs and restrictions. However, that said, it's ok that It doesn't work for everyone, I'm not knocking it (I'm also not promoting it) but we have to understand that it's not 1 size fits all.

It's good that some users seem to experience no issues with it, This means that there are more options out there for us to choose from. It also provides everyone with a solution that suits their needs.

I tried the older build and I too noticed audio dropouts (but I am very fussy) on my 4311ci.

@parker
Here is the newest pre-eden build of DSPLayer:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=936606&postcount=303

Also, the player core factory works perfectly for MPC. MPC is by far one of the most powerful media players in existence. It's very flexibly and powerful, it also has access to Internal and external codecs (this could account for some users stuttering) I use it together with CoreAVC and get 0 stuttering on my atom based HTPC (ion gpu)

If you have a look in the help thread the rest of the info is in there Smile

I've posted a direct link to 0wings post above, I'm not 100% comfortable with DSPlayer I do prefer the MPC route but from what I see/read/hear and experience myself it's working really well when configured correctly and most of the guys in their have posted good configs for all to use Nod

Hope that helps
Pat

- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-18

PatrickBateman Wrote:@parker
Here is the newest pre-eden build of DSPLayer:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=936606&postcount=303

Also, the player core factory works perfectly for MPC. MPC is by far one of the most powerful media players in existence. It's very flexibly and powerful, it also has access to Internal and external codecs (this could account for some users stuttering) I use it together with CoreAVC and get 0 stuttering on my atom based HTPC (ion gpu)

If you have a look in the help thread the rest of the info is in there Smile

I've posted a direct link to 0wings post above, I'm not 100% comfortable with DSPlayer I do prefer the MPC route but from what I see/read/hear and experience myself it's working really well when configured correctly and most of the guys in their have posted good configs for all to use Nod

Hope that helps
Pat

Thanks, I will try on the weekend to get DSPlayer-XBMC (or XBMC w MPC-HC as external player) working on my machine. Hopefully I will not run into another bunch of annoying issues with this solution...
Remark: Months ago I gave this up when I tried to get MPC-HC worked. Everythink was fine when XBMC was not running but when MPC-HC started from XBMC me and users got stuttering: Link. But this is another topic...

Regards

- bluray - 2011-11-18

PatrickBateman Wrote:He's not the only one, there are many who have issues with this old development build.

It is defiantly not "flawless" Oo otherwise it would have been branched and pulled into Eden, or at the very least into a newer build of pre-eden.
as i said so many times in here and other threads, there are some users that can bitstream fine with it and some users has problem with it. if it doesn't work, i will never use it. why would i waste time on it when i have 7mce, tmt5, etc. it works fine so i stick to it since july. i got emails and posts from the successful users and un-successful users. and there are some that get dts-hd to bitstream fine and not truehd or wise versa. as dts-hd and truehd are getting more popular than ever, i hope that gnif and xbmc can find solution for all xbmc users.

- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-21

So, I managed to get XBMC DSPlayer (Forum Link) work last weekend.

Looks promising. HD Audio works now w/o dropouts. Finetuning starts within the next days.

From my perspective it seems a very good alternative compared to the on the "XBMC HD Audio"-version discussed here...

Reagrds

- bluray - 2011-11-21

Parker_Payne Wrote:So, I managed to get XBMC DSPlayer (Forum Link) work last weekend.

Looks promising. HD Audio works now w/o dropouts. Finetuning starts within the next days.

From my perspective it seems a very good alternative compared to the on the "XBMC HD Audio"-version discussed here...

Reagrds
congratulation and enjoy it!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-21

Parker_Payne Wrote:So, I managed to get XBMC DSPlayer (Forum Link) work last weekend.

Reagrds

I totally agree, by trying all the available options you will find the best solution for you..

Both the new DSPlayer and external players are having much more sucsess than the old xbmc version, they are activly supported by their respective communitys, released with updates, patches and have a huge userbase from who to discuss and et help and ideas from.

I'm really pleased that my suggestion has helped you find an alternative solution that works well for your needs. The DSPlayer is a great player and I'll see you in that thread for some updates on how it's all going Smile

Talk soon,
Pat~

- wazzey - 2011-11-22

Thanks for all the help. I can't believe that all this just works. Can finally just click the movie and it comes up - AND with the right audio. Amazing. Thanks again

- bluray - 2011-11-22

wazzey Wrote:Thanks for all the help. I can't believe that all this just works. Can finally just click the movie and it comes up - AND with the right audio. Amazing. Thanks again
congratulation and enjoy it! did you get it to work with xbmc_hd_audio version?

i watched "cars 2" with dts-hd and "shrek forever after" with truehd with my kids last saturday. it worked flawless on both movies. i feel sorry for those that cannot get it to work on their system though!