Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-24

bluray Wrote:it's time to move on! Smile

Exactly...
As I suggested 3 posts ago. Let it go or take it to PM!

I'll still Be here to help users with the DSPlayer, external route and other options and you will be here to help with the July version.

But stop your posts on this topic as its against forum rules... Take it to PM!

- bluray - 2011-11-24

PatrickBateman Wrote:Exactly...
As I suggested 3 posts ago. Let it go or take it to PM!

I'll still Be here to help users with the DSPlayer, external route and other options and you will be here to help with the July version.

But stop your posts on this topic as its against forum rules... Take it to PM!
if you want to contribute and help user on dsplayer, here is a thread- Pre-eden XBMC with DSPlayer.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-24

bluray Wrote:if you want to contribute and help user on dsplayer, here is a thread- Pre-eden XBMC with DSPlayer.

I am currently helping a user in here Nod

- 0wing - 2011-11-24

I didn't want to get drawn in to this, but it's to tempting.

I found this very funny:
bluray Wrote:you might have contributed to this community in many ways, but not directly to this pre-eden hd audio other than "you can try dsplayer" several times.

When you consider that you've made these posts in the DSPlayer thread:

bluray Wrote:i'm not familar with dsplayer, but this one can- post #271 and the complete guide can be found here- post #1.

bluray Wrote:you don't need vcn and external player to playback bd/dvd iso/m2ts/mkv with hd audio using pre-eden. if you have any special advancesettings and playercorefactory for external drive, you can turn it off when using pre-eden!

bluray Wrote:the 1080p bd (m2ts, iso, mkv, etc) with dts-hd/truehd works great with pre-eden without the messy external player. it's as good as dts-hd/truehd with w7 mce!

Smile

That's all I have to say on this issue and I don't even have a problem with those posts.

- bluray - 2011-11-24

0wing Wrote:I didn't want to get drawn in to this, but it's to tempting.
I found this very funny:

When you consider that you've made these posts in the DSPlayer thread:

Smile

That's all I have to say on this issue and I don't even have a problem with those posts.
yes, i did and i targeted very specific users with specific suggestions. i didn't reply to you or any replier. i replied directly to users with questions. Smile

- U5tabil - 2011-11-25

I dont knoe why i can't get this to wrk now. It worked a while back.

I reinstalled my pc and followed this guide. But for some reason there is no sound in xbmc iv setup everything but it fails on:

PASSTHROUGH OUTPUT DEVICE ERROR - NO DEVICE FOUND

In windows the hdmi shows as the receiver but i think there may be something wrong there...

Im using the latest nigthly build from dec.24

Nvidia drivers are up to date and so are the realtek driver... Oo

- bluray - 2011-11-25

U5tabil Wrote:I dont knoe why i can't get this to wrk now. It worked a while back.

I reinstalled my pc and followed this guide. But for some reason there is no sound in xbmc iv setup everything but it fails on:

PASSTHROUGH OUTPUT DEVICE ERROR - NO DEVICE FOUND

In windows the hdmi shows as the receiver but i think there may be something wrong there...

Im using the latest nigthly build from dec.24

Nvidia drivers are up to date and so are the realtek driver... Oo
you can try these:

1. in cotrol panel do this- click sound, select nvidia hdmi output and " set as default device, configure speaker setup to "stereo".
2. in "AppData\Roaming"- rename xbmc folder to xbmc_orig
3. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio
4. configure xbmc as shown here- pre-eden settings
5. select bd movie with hd audio, and give it a shot!

- U5tabil - 2011-11-25

bluray Wrote:you can try these:

1. in cotrol panel do this- click sound, select nvidia hdmi output and " set as default device, configure speaker setup to "stereo".
2. in "AppData\Roaming"- rename xbmc folder to xbmc_orig
3. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio
4. configure xbmc as shown here- pre-eden settings
5. select bd movie with hd audio, and give it a shot!

I managed to get it working by setting the speaker setup to stereo. Why is it with this?

- Wendell2012 - 2011-11-25

I dont knoe why i can't get this to wrk now. It worked a while back.ImageImage

- bluray - 2011-11-25

U5tabil Wrote:I managed to get it working by setting the speaker setup to stereo. Why is it with this?
i explained it in post #31.

- bluray - 2011-11-25

Wendell2012 Wrote:I dont knoe why i can't get this to wrk now. It worked a while back.ImageImage
it's more likely it stopped working due to windows or other updates. you can try the suggestion in post #397.

- bluray - 2011-11-26

Wendell2012 Wrote:I dont knoe why i can't get this to wrk now. It worked a while back.ImageImage
Are you still having problem?

You can check out this thread for more info too. There are several more users in post #13&14 in the thread seems to get it working. Here is the thread- Bitstream HD audio? Using nightlies.

- whatyousay - 2011-11-27

Thanks for the guide, bluray.

My AMD HDMI is only showing 6 channels (I think that's okay though because that's all my receiver/blu-ray player supports) and support for DTS and DD only; no AAC, AC3, DTSHD or truHD. Help, please?

I'm using a Saphire Radeon HD-6570 outputting over HDMI 1.4a to an LG HB906TA 5.1 receiver/blu-ray combo that outputs to my LG 55LW5000 over HDMI 1.4a again.

The receiver supports DTSHD and truHD as well as the lossy surround sound codecs.

Any advice is appreciated, I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.

- bluray - 2011-11-27

whatyousay Wrote:Thanks for the guide, bluray.

My AMD HDMI is only showing 6 channels (I think that's okay though because that's all my receiver/blu-ray player supports) and support for DTS and DD only; no AAC, AC3, DTSHD or truHD. Help, please?

I'm using a Saphire Radeon HD-6570 outputting over HDMI 1.4a to an LG HB906TA 5.1 receiver/blu-ray combo that outputs to my LG 55LW5000 over HDMI 1.4a again.

The receiver supports DTSHD and truHD as well as the lossy surround sound codecs.

Any advice is appreciated, I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.
You have a very modern and sleek LG surround system. The Saphire Radeon HD6570 is one of my favorite GPU. You can follow my guide below and try not to skip any step:

1. connect your system- htpc>avr>hdtv with two hdmi cables and set avr to pass-through video
2. if you already installed xbmc, un-install xbmc in start>control panel>programs and features
3. delete all xbmc registry in start>type "regedit" in search box>select "current user">edit>type "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it>select "local machine">edit> "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it.

Note- step 2&3 above is necessary to make sure that everything will be freshly installed.

xbmc option-
1. install the latest "ati" video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough and make sure to configure speaker to "stereo"
4. download- darma 10.1 "don't launch xbmc at this point"
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file (iso/m2ts/mkv or index.bdmv directly from bd-rom) with dts-hd or truehd audio, and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

- whatyousay - 2011-11-27

bluray Wrote:You have a very modern and sleek LG surround system. The Saphire Radeon HD6570 is one of my favorite GPU. You can follow my guide below and try not to skip any step:

1. connect your system- htpc>avr>hdtv with two hdmi cables and set avr to pass-through video
2. if you already installed xbmc, un-install xbmc in start>control panel>programs and features
3. delete all xbmc registry in start>type "regedit" in search box>select "current user">edit>type "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it>select "local machine">edit> "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it.

Note- step 2&3 above is necessary to make sure that everything will be freshly installed.

xbmc option-
1. install the latest "ati" video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough and make sure to configure speaker to "stereo"
4. download- darma 10.1 "don't launch xbmc at this point"
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file (iso/m2ts/mkv or index.bdmv directly from bd-rom) with dts-hd or truehd audio, and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

I got to step 3, but again the AMD HDMI is only showing 6-channel output and support for DD and DTS only, unlike in your control panel screens. This is what I get:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/l7zpldRY0SCpPNz9XdR7bYlm8KlgGpKv3Wwp2GpEYYo?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xbnggwSp9EMscAUVyh1EFIlm8KlgGpKv3Wwp2GpEYYo?feat=directlink

I don't understand why? I have the latest 11.11 ATI drivers and the latest 2.66 Realtek audio drivers. Is it a problem with my motherboard? It doesn't have S/PDIF, but does support 7.1 over analog (I thought it would over HDMI as well, but apparently not, so I got my video card yesterday). I have HD audio enabled in the BIOS, and I've tried the whole process with it disabled as well to no avail.

I pressed on to step 6, but XBMC doesn't recognize a pass-through output device:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DXPvsdk8pRm-PCzOTaWwM_e2ATgzk3NuEa9NXI4CU_8?feat=directlink

In the control panel's devices list, my AVR shows up as LG-BDHT but is a "Generic PnP Monitor." Do I need a dedicated receiver or something? My receiver has a spartan setup menu; no explicit controls over pass-through.

Further advice is appreciated.

Edit: It's also worth noting that when I play any of my movies over DLNA on my AVR the surround sound works fine. It would seem the biggest issue for me is figuring how to get XBMC (or my HTPC) to recognize my receiver/blu-ray combo device as a legitimate pass-through output device instead of just as a monitor? I guess that could just be the downside of those home-theater-in-a-box packages... DLNA works and all, but XBMC is glorious and I did just drop cash on my HTPC so I really hope there is a way to get this all sorted out with my current set-up.

Edit 2: I figured what the hell, and went HTPC -hdmi-> TV -optical-> AVR. The AMD HDMI output went to only 2 channels and no codec support at all, so I guess that means my problem is definitely with my AVR and that really grinds my gears. I know it supports all the audio codecs so I don't get why Win7 thinks it can only handle DTS and DD. Where AAC and the lossless formats are is beyond me but whatever. I really don't want to disassemble my surround sound system but it looks like I may well have to. Grumble, grumble. If anyone can offer a possible solution I'd really appreciate it!