Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- yasan - 2011-12-10

bluray Wrote:I'm not XBMC developer. It is up to XBMC and Gnifs to build a new version, and they are working very hard on it. I wish them the very best luck on it! Smile

then who made this version http://www.2shared.com/file/AyTBC-XM/xbmc_hd_audio.html

- bluray - 2011-12-10

yasan Wrote:then who made this version http://www.2shared.com/file/AyTBC-XM/xbmc_hd_audio.html
I wrote the step by step guide (instructions, photos, etc) on how to setup Pre-Eden (July version) on Windows 7 HTPC and I uploaded it on 2shared to share it with everyone in this thread. But I don't write XBMC code (dll, xml, exe, etc), and it is done by Gnifs! Smile

- yasan - 2011-12-10

But why other releases dont support hd audio (ex. nov. dec.) i tried november, december releases but i couldn't play hd audio formats and ı didnt see dts hd receiver, true hd receiver settings in the audio setup menu

- bluray - 2011-12-10

yasan Wrote:But why other releases dont support hd audio (ex. nov. dec.) i tried november, december releases but i couldn't play hd audio formats and ı didnt see dts hd receiver, true hd receiver settings in the audio setup menu
As I stated in here many times, the released versions of XBMC don't support bitstreaming. The July version of Pre-Eden is not XBMC released version. For now, July version is our only choice other than external player.

- bluray - 2011-12-10

If you still cannot bitstream HD audio using July version of Pre-Eden, you can use my previous external player codes to bitstream it. You can follow these steps to achieve it: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup

- yasan - 2011-12-10

thanks for answers and help

- kyroz - 2011-12-11

Hey every1,

Newb question - the final version of Eden will support HD audio (DTS-HD\TRUE-HD) out-of-the-box? cause I downloaded some Eden nightly and I didn't saw a HD-sound options @ the menu...

- davilla - 2011-12-11

kyroz Wrote:Hey every1,

Newb question - the final version of Eden will support HD audio (DTS-HD\TRUE-HD) out-of-the-box? cause I downloaded some Eden nightly and I didn't saw a HD-sound options @ the menu...

No

- Rakeesh - 2011-12-19

Is there perhaps any newer version of the AudioEngine branch? Reason I ask is because resume playback doesn't work in that build.

E.g. play a video for a bit, stop it, then play it again. It should ask you if you want to resume playback, but this one doesn't, it just starts at the beginning.

- yasan - 2011-12-21

Is there any solution pioneer avr dts hd problems

- bluray - 2011-12-21

yasan Wrote:Is there any solution pioneer avr dts hd problems
We may have to wait till Gnifs finish the next generation XBMC with DTS-HD and TrueHD supports.

You might be able to use this "Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup" to bitstream with your Pioneer AVR for now. You still can enjoy XBMC front-end with quality playback of external player! Smile

- yasan - 2011-12-21

bluray Wrote:We may have to wait till Gnifs finish the next generation XBMC with DTS-HD and TrueHD supports.

You might be able to use this "Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup" to bitstream with your Pioneer AVR for now. You still can enjoy XBMC front-end with quality playback of external player! Smile

thanks bluray i hope next gen will be different from boxee because i have to same problem with boxee

- ghart999 - 2011-12-22

Blueray - I am looking to play back Blueray discs w/in XBMC but I am not concerned with the audio as I only use 2.1. With that in mind, would this thread still be the best way to do so?

Thanks.

- bluray - 2011-12-22

ghart999 Wrote:Blueray - I am looking to play back Blueray discs w/in XBMC but I am not concerned with the audio as I only use 2.1. With that in mind, would this thread still be the best way to do so?

Thanks.
For standard audio, you still can use it. You can use this (post #271) to playback Bluray Disc directly on BD-ROM! Smile

- ghart999 - 2011-12-22

bluray Wrote:two ways to playback blu-ray in 1080p video with dts-hd and truehd audio:

xbmc option-
1. install the latest ati or nvidia video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
4. download- darma 10.1
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file with hd audio and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

Now I am slightly confused on how launching XBMC from the other folder would still allow use of all the settings and databases that exist in the main Dharma 10.1 folder.