Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- 0wing - 2011-12-22

If you're not looking for HD audio, just download a nightly build of XBMC from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ or wait for the Eden beta.

If I remember correctly, blu-ray disc playback has been improved since the release of Dharma (10.1).

- bluray - 2011-12-22

ghart999 Wrote:Now I am slightly confused on how launching XBMC from the other folder would still allow use of all the settings and databases that exist in the main Dharma 10.1 folder.
If you launch XBMC from XBMC_HD folder, you'll use the entire settings in XBMC_HD folder. Since you're strictly want to use the standard 2.1 audio, you can simply launch and use just Dharma 10.1 and the steps I mentioned in post #271. You should be able to playback BD from BD-ROM! Smile

- ghart999 - 2011-12-22

bluray Wrote:If you launch XBMC from XBMC_HD folder, you'll use the entire settings in XBMC_HD folder. Since you're strictly want to use the standard 2.1 audio, you can simply launch and use just Dharma 10.1 and the steps I mentioned in post #271. You should be able to playback BD from BD-ROM! Smile

OK thanks. So Dharma 10.1 can natively play back BD-Roms in 2.1 sound.

On the opposite if I did want the better sound, just run XBMC_HD and get rid of Dharma 10.1 altogether?

- bluray - 2011-12-23

ghart999 Wrote:OK thanks. So Dharma 10.1 can natively play back BD-Roms in 2.1 sound.
Yes, but you have to follow my post #271 to playback index.bdmv.

ghart999 Wrote:On the opposite if I did want the better sound, just run XBMC_HD and get rid of Dharma 10.1 altogether?
You need to keep Dharma 10.1 installed, but launch XBMC from XBMC_HD folder.

xbmc 11 Beta 1 - vincheesel - 2011-12-29

Hi Bluray,

Love your work so far, DTS-HD is awesome!

With Beta1 here now, is it possible to create a tutorial so we can enjoy both DTS-HD output and the Eden release?

Is it all complex? as your work is based on pre 11 should this intergrate seamlessly with your current code?

Happy new year

Win2008R2? - disco277 - 2011-12-30

Out of curiosity has anyone had problems getting Blu's HD package working on server 2008R2?

I have it working on Win7 but my htpc is also my file server/iTunes/air video... Server so I need to be able to login remotely as another user while there is playback going on with another user account.

I'll probably just try it but looking at saving myself hours of frustration.

Thanks!

- bluray - 2011-12-30

vincheesel Wrote:Hi Bluray,

Love your work so far, DTS-HD is awesome!

With Beta1 here now, is it possible to create a tutorial so we can enjoy both DTS-HD output and the Eden release?

Is it all complex? as your work is based on pre 11 should this intergrate seamlessly with your current code?

Happy new year
Since DTS-HD is base on July version of Pre-Ed, it's not going to make any different. Smile

- jerome.roscher - 2011-12-30

I have installed Eden beta, but it's not possible to play DTS-HD. How can I get the DTS-HD playback in the new Eden beta?

- bluray - 2011-12-30

jerome.roscher Wrote:I have installed Eden beta, but it's not possible to play DTS-HD. How can I get the DTS-HD playback in the new Eden beta?
Again, there is no released version of XBMC with DTS-HD and TrueHD options. The DTS-HD and TrueHD is available in the the July version of the Pre-Eden only. To use these options, you have to launch it from XBMC_HD_Audio folder! Smile

- prophete_47 - 2011-12-30

I bluray,

I don't understand, the july version of the Pre-Eden is not different from the beta 1 version of Eden? I think it's what we need, the beta 1 with your code...

Another question, if your code works, why the xbmc-team don't integrate it directly in XBMC?

thank you.

- bluray - 2011-12-30

prophete_47 Wrote:I bluray,

I don't understand, the july version of the Pre-Eden is not different from the beta 1 version of Eden? I think it's what we need, the beta 1 with your code...

Another question, if your code works, why the xbmc-team don't integrate it directly in XBMC?

thank you.
Let me clarify- it's not my codes. It's done by Gnifs. I wrote the instruction to use his codes. It's up to him and XBMC to include in XBMC. We're waiting for XBMC to include these options. For now, this is all we got! Smile

- prophete_47 - 2011-12-30

thank you for reply.

It's a good think that Eden support Bluray but it's not good that this new version don't support Audio HD. The two supports are link and lost interest if there are not available together.

a bluray support without the audio HD support, it's like have a DVD support but only in stereo Sad...

- bluray - 2011-12-30

prophete_47 Wrote:thank you for reply.

It's a good think that Eden support Bluray but it's not good that this new version don't support Audio HD. The two supports are link and lost interest if there are not available together.

a bluray support without the audio HD support, it's like have a DVD support but only in stereo Sad...
If you want to use the options in the latest XBMC Beta 1, the easiest way is external player route- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup. You'll enjoy a nicer XBMC front-end (for library) with smooth/fluent playback of the external player. It doesn't take very much effort to configure it either. It'll playback all BD files in full 1080P video and bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD audio. Smile

- prophete_47 - 2011-12-31

Yes bluray, I use this method at this moment :

xbmc => AutoFrequency => MCP-HC with madVR / ffdshow

but I like the player of XBMC and I that's will be more easy to have a all-in-one program for the updades Wink.

- jarwha - 2012-01-03

Hi,
Nice systems.
Is it possible to play 3D BluRay's with the proposed ION based PC?
As I would like to play 3D BluRay disk on my Philips 3D TV

regards,