blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)
- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-21 17:27
So, I managed to get XBMC DSPlayer (Forum Link) work last weekend.
Looks promising. HD Audio works now w/o dropouts. Finetuning starts within the next days.
From my perspective it seems a very good alternative compared to the on the "XBMC HD Audio"-version discussed here...
- bluray - 2011-11-21 18:10
Parker_Payne Wrote:So, I managed to get XBMC DSPlayer (Forum Link) work last weekend.congratulation and enjoy it!
- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-21 19:20
Parker_Payne Wrote:So, I managed to get XBMC DSPlayer (Forum Link) work last weekend.
I totally agree, by trying all the available options you will find the best solution for you..
Both the new DSPlayer and external players are having much more sucsess than the old xbmc version, they are activly supported by their respective communitys, released with updates, patches and have a huge userbase from who to discuss and et help and ideas from.
I'm really pleased that my suggestion has helped you find an alternative solution that works well for your needs. The DSPlayer is a great player and I'll see you in that thread for some updates on how it's all going
- wazzey - 2011-11-22 04:55
Thanks for all the help. I can't believe that all this just works. Can finally just click the movie and it comes up - AND with the right audio. Amazing. Thanks again
- bluray - 2011-11-22 05:51
wazzey Wrote:Thanks for all the help. I can't believe that all this just works. Can finally just click the movie and it comes up - AND with the right audio. Amazing. Thanks againcongratulation and enjoy it! did you get it to work with xbmc_hd_audio version?
i watched "cars 2" with dts-hd and "shrek forever after" with truehd with my kids last saturday. it worked flawless on both movies. i feel sorry for those that cannot get it to work on their system though!
- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-22 14:52
wazzey Wrote:Thanks for all the help. I can't believe that all this just works. Can finally just click the movie and it comes up - AND with the right audio. Amazing. Thanks again
Great to see you have it all working
It doesn't matter what version you used to get it working, what matters is that you found a solution that works for you
There's no reason to feel sorry for people who can't get the old xbmc test version working? There are many options for hd audio, some better and more adaptable/compatible than others.
Users can choose between the new DSPlayer or the external player, both of which are more compatible and use newer updated codecs and features compared to the old xbmc test version...
You should be happy that they have a working solution that enables them to enjoy full hd audio and great picture quality, not feeling sorry for them just because they are not using an old test version of xbmc
- bluray - 2011-11-22 16:26
PatrickBateman Wrote:@blurayyes, there are many options (7mce, tmt5, mpc-hc, pdvd, blu-ray player, etc) to playback hd audio but i still feel sorry for those that could not get pre-eden to work as me and others in here. for some of us, we preferred the all-in-one solution. in this case, pre-eden is the preferred solution for me and some others in here. it's xbmc solution, and we don't have to add extra code to make it work.
i hope that xbmc can find way to impliment pre-eden to their final version in the near future!
- waitforit - 2011-11-23 03:38
So I've been messing around with this for a few days, I had followed the instructions exactly and all I get is about 2-3x speed video, with no sound. The GUI 'pop' noise (bubble burst or whatever) when navigating doesn't sound either. This is with the xbmc.exe from the 'xbmc_hd_audio' folder.
If I run from my standard xbmc 10.1, everything runs fine, video and audio, just obviously can't get dts-hd or truehd.
I have a HD5870 that has been working fantastic and from my understand should be able to run this without an issue. I have tried uninstalling drivers, xbmc, realtek hd audio drivers, nothing has worked.
Anyone have any ideas why it would be acting this way? Or any suggestions where to start to troubleshoot?
Thanks in advance.
- bluray - 2011-11-23 04:14
waitforit Wrote:Anyone have any ideas why it would be acting this way? Or any suggestions where to start to troubleshoot?sorry to read all your troubles. it seems that something is conflicting with each other. if you want to start it fresh, here are step by step and don't skip any step:
1. connect your system- htpc>avr>hdtv with two hdmi cables and set avr to pass-through video
2. un-install xbmc in start>control panel>programs and features
3. delete all xbmc registry in start>type "regedit" in search box>select "current user">edit>type "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it>select "local machine">edit> "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it.
1. install the latest "ati" video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough and make sure to configure speaker to "stereo"
4. download- darma 10.1 "don't launch xbmc at this point"
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file (iso/m2ts/mkv or index.bdmv directly from bd-rom) with dts-hd or truehd audio, and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)
- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-23 13:57
bluray Wrote:sorry to read all your troubles. it seems that something is conflicting with each other. if you want to start it fresh, here are step by step and don't skip any step:
Just try the latest xbmc pre-eden DSPlayer