Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- ambar - 2012-01-13

bluray Wrote:You can only see DTS-HD/TrueHD options in W7 control panel with AVR that supports it!

OK, i confirmed the follwoing setup:
HTPC---AVR---TV (over 2xHDMI cables)
The AVR is 100% audio HD complaint (Pioneer LX-70).
Rebooted everything, still NADA
Cant see TDS/MA or TrueHD in the realtek window....

Any idea??

10x

- ambar - 2012-01-13

Just tried to re-install Realtek driver while the HTPC is conncted to the AVR and again no HD audio avaialble in the control panel.

- DDDamian - 2012-01-13

ambar Wrote:The AVR is 100% audio HD complaint (Pioneer LX-70).

That receiver has all kinds of handshaking issues - that's why the GPU isn't getting the supported modes.

It's also not updatable via internet - you need to take it to an authorized service center and get the firmware update they've made available for this to work.

- bluray - 2012-01-13

ambar Wrote:Just tried to re-install Realtek driver while the HTPC is conncted to the AVR and again no HD audio avaialble in the control panel.
What is your GPU?

- ambar - 2012-01-13

bluray Wrote:What is your GPU?

nVIDIA 8500GT

- ambar - 2012-01-13

BTW, DTS and DD is working over the HDMI. just can't get to work the HD audio

- bluray - 2012-01-13

ambar Wrote:nVIDIA 8500GT
Unfortunately, I don't think that 8500GT supports DTS-HD/TrueHD.

This $29 GPU will do all the above- XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450 1GB.

- ambar - 2012-01-14

bluray Wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think that 8500GT supports DTS-HD/TrueHD.

This $29 GPU will do all the above- XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450 1GB.

Thanks Blueray,
Can u pls just elaborate this matter as I thought that the Realtek driver is managing the HD audio stream over the HDMI interface transparently....
I saw that there are GPU with audio codec embedded in them, so do I need to check for such GPU?
I like nvidia GPU, can u pls recommend one
Many thanks Smile

- ambar - 2012-01-14

Hi,
Just bought nvidia GT 430. Installed it and working like a magic Smile
Was so excited to finally see the DTS-HD MASTER led on my AVR

Many thanks Bluray for your assistance.
Now I can relax SmileSmileSmile

- ambar - 2012-01-14

Hi,

Playing DTS-HD is OK but in trueHD after a while there is a loud constant noise from the speakers.
any idea?

10x

- bluray - 2012-01-14

ambar Wrote:Thanks Blueray,
Can u pls just elaborate this matter as I thought that the Realtek driver is managing the HD audio stream over the HDMI interface transparently....
I saw that there are GPU with audio codec embedded in them, so do I need to check for such GPU?
I like nvidia GPU, can u pls recommend one
Many thanks Smile
For your record- in order to bitstream DTS-HD/TrueHD, your GPU/AVR/Codec/Media Player have to support it! Smile

- bluray - 2012-01-14

ambar Wrote:Hi,

Playing DTS-HD is OK but in trueHD after a while there is a loud constant noise from the speakers.
any idea?

10x
I'm not so sure why either. It happened with certain AVR!

For now, you can setup MPC-HC as external player to playback all your TrueHD files using this guide- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup. If you need help on the external player code, let me know.

- ambar - 2012-01-14

bluray Wrote:I'm not so sure why either. It happened with certain AVR!

For now, you can setup MPC-HC as external player to playback all your TrueHD files using this guide- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup. If you need help on the external player code, let me know.

I tried playing trueHD via MPC-HC just to check the trueHD issue i experianced via XBMC and its working fine.
I hope that this issue will be solved later with XBMC internal player which i like very much.
Are there any plans to have audio HD part of official XBMC release?

I would like to thank you again Bluray for your support. Appriciate it very much.

- bluray - 2012-01-14

ambar Wrote:I tried playing trueHD via MPC-HC just to check the trueHD issue i experianced via XBMC and its working fine.
I hope that this issue will be solved later with XBMC internal player which i like very much.
Are there any plans to have audio HD part of official XBMC release?

I would like to thank you again Bluray for your support. Appriciate it very much.
I heard the news this morning that Gnifs is working on HD audio codes again. Hopefully, he have a good news for us soon! Smile

For now, XBMC external player is the alternative solution for bitstreaming. You'll have great XBMC as front-end and great playback with external player.

- p2user - 2012-01-15

Thanks for your guide Bluray I'm now getting HD audio bitstreamed to my amp Smile

Only issue i'm having is that now and then when i watch a movie the picture will freeze and the audio carries on playing. The mce remote can't do nothing and i have to plug a keyboard in to goto task manager to kill xmbc. Long shot but any ideas? When i installed your XMBC_HD i formatted the PC and started wth a fresh WIN 7 build and just installed drivers and followed your instructions.