Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- clubwerks - 2011-09-10

To me, this looks like some king of a bug.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-10

Well, the Audio Volume absolutely would not move past .3 db with the remote or the keyboard, but I'll be damned if I wasn't able to drag it all the way to the right to 1.0 db with the damn mouse. Big Grin

- clubwerks - 2011-09-10

Found another bug. Speeds up playback of music videos considerably. Very noticeable. I think I'll just use this to watch the occasional DTSHD movie, it's just not stable.

- bluray - 2011-09-10

clubwerks Wrote:You're not going to believe this. In the audio menu watching a video, there's a volume control. My volume was set to 0.0 DB. It goes up to 0.4 DB which doesn't seem like enough adjustment. Plus, it only goes about halfway up the slider. But, hey, it's working.
i uses the volume control all the time, and it goes up a full 1 dB!

- bluray - 2011-09-10

clubwerks Wrote:Found another bug. Speeds up playback of music videos considerably. Very noticeable. I think I'll just use this to watch the occasional DTSHD movie, it's just not stable.
somehow, it is telling me that the audio in your xbmc settings is not properly setup. when the audio output is not properly configure, the video tend to move faster than normal.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-10

bluray Wrote:somehow, it is telling me that the audio in your xbmc settings is not properly setup. when the audio output is not properly configure, the video tend to move faster than normal.

Well, you can tell yourself that, but that doesn't make it true. I'm actually using this setup right now to watch Avatar with the DTSMA. It works fantastic for that. For whatever reason it leaves a lot to be desired with any format below Dolby Digital. The build buggy. I'm glad it works for you. I have a desire to fully test something before I put it in play. It doesn't work worth a damn with music videos using AAC or mp3. It seems to play music alright, once I got it working, but 90% of my music is FLAC. Hopefully, the final version will be the best of everything. Thanks for your help.

- mkohman - 2011-09-10

clubwerks Wrote:Well, you can tell yourself that, but that doesn't make it true. I'm actually using this setup right now to watch Avatar with the DTSMA. It works fantastic for that. For whatever reason it leaves a lot to be desired with any format below Dolby Digital. The build buggy. I'm glad it works for you. I have a desire to fully test something before I put it in play. It doesn't work worth a damn with music videos using AAC or mp3. It seems to play music alright, once I got it working, but 90% of my music is FLAC. Hopefully, the final version will be the best of everything. Thanks for your help.

I agree with you 100% .. it works fine with DTS, DD and DTS HD anything below, with .mp3 file it plays the video faster than normal approx 1.5 x faster and no sound.. ?

- GreenEyez - 2011-09-10

The Audio Engine branch is still in Alpha stage, so yeah, it`s not stable and still has bugs. That`s why gnif doesn`t want binary builds released.

- ix400 - 2011-09-10

GreenEyez Wrote:The Audio Engine branch is still in Alpha stage, so yeah, it`s not stable and still has bugs. That`s why gnif doesn`t want binary builds released.

... but the more people are testing the more bugs can be found. ?

Personally I don't think that DTS-Master and TrueHD won't make it into Eden. But I hope that I`m wrong.

Chris

- bluray - 2011-09-10

ix400 Wrote:... but the more people are testing the more bugs can be found. ?

Personally I don't think that DTS-Master and TrueHD won't make it into Eden. But I hope that I`m wrong.

Chris
why not? these guys can playback dts-hd ma and truehd fine, but they are having issues with stereo stuffs. developer can leave the hd stuffs alone and work on stereo stuffs, they can call it a day!

- ix400 - 2011-09-10

bluray Wrote:why not? these guys can playback dts-hd ma and truehd fine, but they are having issues with stereo stuffs. developer can leave the hd stuffs alone and work on stereo stuffs, they can call it a day!

I hope you are right.

I'm really looking forward to the day when the audio branch is merged into the main branch.

Chris

- clubwerks - 2011-09-10

ix400 Wrote:... but the more people are testing the more bugs can be found. ?

Chris

I hope you're wrong. At least I know I can continue to use this setup to play DTSHDMA. I'm assuming TrueHD too, although I haven't tested that yet.

- ix400 - 2011-09-10

clubwerks Wrote:I hope you're wrong. At least I know I can continue to use this setup to play DTSHDMA. I'm assuming TrueHD too, although I haven't tested that yet.

Unfortunately, on my system this setup is only good for TrueHD. This works.

But with DTS-HD tracks, my receiver switches permanently between DTS-Master and PCM every two seconds, with no sound.

Thats why I'm really looking forward to the Eden audio branch Windows binaries.

Chris

- bluray - 2011-09-10

clubwerks Wrote:I hope you're wrong. At least I know I can continue to use this setup to play DTSHDMA. I'm assuming TrueHD too, although I haven't tested that yet.
i hope that he is wrong too. to me they should do it because most bluray movies now included dts-hd and truehd!

if you're looking for some good bluray movies with truehd, here are a few movies good movies- The Dark Knight Blu-ray, How to Train Your Dragon Blu-ray, 300, There Will Be Blood and these movies are among the best dts-hd ma surround sound- Thor (7.1), Priest, Unstoppable, Battle Los Angeles, The Next Three Days (7.1), The Lincoln Lawyer (7.1)

- bluray - 2011-09-10

ix400 Wrote:Unfortunately, on my system this setup is only good for TrueHD. This works.

But with DTS-HD tracks, my receiver switches permanently between DTS-Master and PCM every two seconds, with no sound.

Thats why I'm really looking forward to the Eden audio branch Windows binaries.

Chris
it shouldn't do that. what's is your graphic card?