Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- hardrock_121 - 2011-09-17

bluray Wrote:there isn't realtek port because it is just codecs. after you installed realtek, is there an option to select intel hdmi+realtek for audio output?

where would that be?? in xbmc?

- bluray - 2011-09-17

hardrock_121 Wrote:where would that be?? in xbmc?
if there is an option, you should be able to find it in control panel under audio playback and in xbmc under audio ouput>output device and passthrough device. if you haven't made any selection, it is probably set to default.

- hardrock_121 - 2011-09-17

bluray Wrote:if there is an option, you should be able to find it in control panel under audio playback and in xbmc under audio ouput>output device and passthrough device. if you haven't made any selection, it is probably set to default.

In control panel -->sound I see only 4 options

Sr608 (my receiver)
Speakers (realtek high def audio)
Realtek digital output
realtek digital output(optical)

Thats it.

btw installed pre eden separately form nightly build and didnt find the hd auio settings in audio playback?? whys that so .. is it not part of pre eden?
i guess installed dharma only.. is there a about me page anywhere? I installed it from nightly builds link on download page on xbmc.org

- bluray - 2011-09-17

hardrock_121 Wrote:In control panel -->sound I see only 4 options

Sr608 (my receiver)
Speakers (realtek high def audio)
Realtek digital output
realtek digital output(optical)

Thats it.
you can try sr608 first with speaker configuration set to stereo. if that doesn't work, you can try realtek (realtek high def audio) with speaker configuration set to stereo.

hardrock_121 Wrote:btw installed pre eden separately form nightly build and didnt find the hd auio settings in audio playback?? whys that so .. is it not part of pre eden?
i guess installed dharma only.. is there a about me page anywhere? I installed it from nightly builds link on download page on xbmc.org
you have to launch xbmc from pre-eden folder to see all the hd audio options.

- A-Swiss - 2011-09-18

I was reading about the DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD possibilities.
Due to the fact, that the nightly builds got worse on my system lately (ASRock Core 100-HT/i3 - Intel HD3000) i wanted to reinstall everything.
So installed 10.1 from scratch and used the build for HD stuff.

My problem is: in the 2 audio sections (output device = TX-SR708) and Passthrough section is SPDIF TX... .
I am not using SPDIF, and i'm wondering, why in the passthrough section, HDMI is not showing up.
Since the installation, i dont have any sound at all - before it was working.
Could it be, that within the Shark Codec (i was using K-Lite Codec before, uninstalled and switched to Shark) something must be setup?
No, the XBMC is very useless, with no sound.
i was doing each step according your routine, and is not working at all.

The stuttering with the video was also a problem before - i was just turning off DXVA Acceleration, and then it stopped. But with that, some other problems showing up (Pixels, and some sound issues).

If there are any suggestions, where else to check - specially for the Intel - let me know.
many thanks

- bluray - 2011-09-18

A-Swiss Wrote:I was reading about the DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD possibilities.
Due to the fact, that the nightly builds got worse on my system lately (ASRock Core 100-HT/i3 - Intel HD3000) i wanted to reinstall everything.
So installed 10.1 from scratch and used the build for HD stuff.

My problem is: in the 2 audio sections (output device = TX-SR708) and Passthrough section is SPDIF TX... .
I am not using SPDIF, and i'm wondering, why in the passthrough section, HDMI is not showing up.
Since the installation, i dont have any sound at all - before it was working.
Could it be, that within the Shark Codec (i was using K-Lite Codec before, uninstalled and switched to Shark) something must be setup?
No, the XBMC is very useless, with no sound.
i was doing each step according your routine, and is not working at all.

The stuttering with the video was also a problem before - i was just turning off DXVA Acceleration, and then it stopped. But with that, some other problems showing up (Pixels, and some sound issues).

If there are any suggestions, where else to check - specially for the Intel - let me know.
many thanks
are you trying to bitstream with pre-eden or 7mce? don't get the guides mix up. if you just want to bitstream with pre-eden, you don't need to worry about shark007 in 7mce guide.

how exactly did you connect your htpc to your surround sound system?

- drpete - 2011-09-19

Is it possible that my on board graphics card (nvidia g-force 9400) will not pass thru truehd and dtsma? I tried all of the above and I can get full audio on DD with great video. Video falls apart and no sounds when using truehd. Tried EDEN and video is fine with truehd but no audio. The receiver never shows truehd or dtsma.

Also, when I am in windows (7) and goto sound control panel. Test HDMI and hear sound. test realtek and nothing (but bar graph indicates sound being made)

Just wanna know if new graphics card will fix this or if my settings are incorrect.

Thanks for the help,

Peter

- bluray - 2011-09-19

drpete Wrote:Is it possible that my on board graphics card (nvidia g-force 9400) will not pass thru truehd and dtsma? I tried all of the above and I can get full audio on DD with great video. Video falls apart and no sounds when using truehd. Tried EDEN and video is fine with truehd but no audio. The receiver never shows truehd or dtsma.

Also, when I am in windows (7) and goto sound control panel. Test HDMI and hear sound. test realtek and nothing (but bar graph indicates sound being made)

Just wanna know if new graphics card will fix this or if my settings are incorrect.

Thanks for the help,

Peter
there is nothing a software can do when the hardware is not capable of playback dts-hd/truehd. you might want to consider upgrade your graphic card with one of these- hd6450 or gt430

- Venares - 2011-09-19

drpete Wrote:Is it possible that my on board graphics card (nvidia g-force 9400) will not pass thru truehd and dtsma?

The 9400 or ION is incapable of bitstreaming TrueHD or DTSMA.
You will need at a minimum a GT430 or a 5 series ATI.

- Guilestudio - 2011-09-19

bluray Wrote:if you have proper playercorefactory for external player, you should be able to use it. i preferred tmt 5.

since pre-eden can playback all type of bd files and it can playback bd disc directly on bd-rom, i don't use any external player now. for bd disc, i just have to click a couple more clicks to get to index.bdmv to playback bd disc directly on bd-rom. as long as it work it is not big deal for me!

So, you use DVDPlayer, is that right?

I'm having some issues with TMT5, due to my graphics card. I have a Asus E35M1-I Deluxe with integrated Radeon 6310. I wasn't able to bitstreaming from TMT5 to get HD audio. I'm currently trying a beta update that they claim to solve problem with bitstreaming in some boards. Still no success.

It's possible to bitstreaming HD audio when playing bd disc directly on bd-rom drive, or in this case I have to use and external player?

Regarding TMT5, when I press STOP, the software is closed and the active window turn back to XBMC? Is it possible to get this working like this or something like that?

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Guile

- drpete - 2011-09-19

Thanks for the reply. I am looking at the gt430 now. I have always had a preference for nvidia (just personal). I am just wondering if this is the bare minumum or if I should jump up a few models. What are your thoughts. I dont want to spend 300 bucks but the 430 if 50-60 dont mind spending 30-40 more if it is worthwhile and does something.

Any help is always appreciated.

Peter

ps. Thanks BluRay for the in depth guide and pics. Really helped out.

- bluray - 2011-09-19

Guilestudio Wrote:So, you use DVDPlayer, is that right?

I'm having some issues with TMT5, due to my graphics card. I have a Asus E35M1-I Deluxe with integrated Radeon 6310. I wasn't able to bitstreaming from TMT5 to get HD audio. I'm currently trying a beta update that they claim to solve problem with bitstreaming in some boards. Still no success.

It's possible to bitstreaming HD audio when playing bd disc directly on bd-rom drive, or in this case I have to use and external player?

Regarding TMT5, when I press STOP, the software is closed and the active window turn back to XBMC? Is it possible to get this working like this or something like that?

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Guile
what is wrong with 6310? i have asrock 350m1 with 6310, and it work fine with tmt5. the pre-eden in my signature can playback bd index.bdmv directly from bd-rom with dts-hd/truehd.

- bluray - 2011-09-19

drpete Wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am looking at the gt430 now. I have always had a preference for nvidia (just personal). I am just wondering if this is the bare minumum or if I should jump up a few models. What are your thoughts. I dont want to spend 300 bucks but the 430 if 50-60 dont mind spending 30-40 more if it is worthwhile and does something.

Peter

gt430 is all you need to bitstream hd audio or you can jump up a notch to low power consumption and slightly more powerful radeon hd6570.
here is the comparison- GeForce GT 430 vs Radeon HD 6570 (OEM) 1GB

- pyrodex - 2011-09-19

drpete Wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am looking at the gt430 now. I have always had a preference for nvidia (just personal). I am just wondering if this is the bare minumum or if I should jump up a few models. What are your thoughts. I dont want to spend 300 bucks but the 430 if 50-60 dont mind spending 30-40 more if it is worthwhile and does something.

Peter

What are your plans for the box?

If your going to game on the device go to a higher model.

If your going to simply use it for Video/Blu-Rays stick with the 430.

I currently have two 430s in each of my HTPC boxes and love them for the following reason:

1) No PCI Power required.
2) BitStream HD Audio in Windows
3) Supports 3d (in windows)

- Guilestudio - 2011-09-19

bluray Wrote:what is wrong with 6310? i have asrock 350m1 with 6310, and it work fine with tmt5. the pre-eden in my signature can playback bd index.bdmv directly from bd-rom with dts-hd/truehd.

Dunno, but with PowerDVD11 I have HD audio... go figure...

So, installed version is not Dharma, but pre-Eden, right? Player is DVDPlayer, right? I'll try that when I get home.

Thanks!