Kodi Community Forum
UFC not hosted by the TVDb, no TVTunes support? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: UFC not hosted by the TVDb, no TVTunes support? (/showthread.php?tid=109434)

Pages: 1 2

UFC not hosted by the TVDb, no TVTunes support? - Deano316 - 2011-09-05

I have a few favourites added to my home screen: MOVIES, WWE, UFC. The WWE playlist has music courtesy of TVTunes, MOVIES doesn't concern me. But, UFC isn't supported by the TVDb, they won't allow sports. The only scraper I can use is IMDB which is quite limited and can't be edited by the user. This means that I can't get any TVTunes support for it. It's only a small gripe but an annoying one. Does anyone know a workaround, any help is appreciated.

- outatouch0 - 2011-09-05

how did you add these to your home screen and what did you do?
This is exactly what I have been trying to figure out!!! Nod

- Deano316 - 2011-09-05

got to Video - create playlist - for WWE I set the rules as: TV show, Episode contains WWE. Then go into the Settings - Skin - Playlist shortcuts - Add Video Playlist to Home Menu - Enable Playlist Button 1 - Button Label: WWE - Playlist: (choose the one you just created).

Should now appear on your home screen. If it is a TV Show, TVTunes will work with your Playlist. If it isnt (as is the case with UFC) you'll just have a silent menu as normal. Should work the same for Movies etc. just by tweaking the settings. Hope this helps bro, any problems let me know, I only figured this out recently, it's not very clear!! Big Grin

- frieten - 2011-09-06

for anyone wanting to setup UFC in there tvshows library.
download my UFC Pack to setup your UFC manually.

Quote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NSSSK89A

this is the UFC pack with 1-132 includes all .nfos .tbns, season thumbs and tvshow info and a logo i created. (logo was created for use with night theme)

just extract the rar, it has all the included file structure to just put in your tvshows folder, and when your xbmc next scans it will read all the .nfos and you will have UFC in your library.

just make sure you put your actual episodes in there first! rename the episodes to read as the .nfos and you will be fine.

if like me you have 1-100 from dvd or dvd rips you will probally have like cd1.avi cd2.avi etc etc.

just do what i did and use a program called MKVmerge to merge them together using the append button to create the 1 file instead of having multiple files for each event.

let me know if you have any issues or need help.

- Deano316 - 2011-09-06

You Sir, are a legend Big Grin

- Deano316 - 2011-09-06

Quick question for frieten, how did you make the UFC series? (nfos etc.) Incidentally, works like a charm!!! Laugh

- outatouch0 - 2011-09-06

Deano316 Wrote:got to Video - create playlist - for WWE I set the rules as: TV show, Episode contains WWE. Then go into the Settings - Skin - Playlist shortcuts - Add Video Playlist to Home Menu - Enable Playlist Button 1 - Button Label: WWE - Playlist: (choose the one you just created).

Should now appear on your home screen. If it is a TV Show, TVTunes will work with your Playlist. If it isnt (as is the case with UFC) you'll just have a silent menu as normal. Should work the same for Movies etc. just by tweaking the settings. Hope this helps bro, any problems let me know, I only figured this out recently, it's not very clear!! Big Grin

Thanks I will give this a try when I get the chance.

- outatouch0 - 2011-09-06

frieten Wrote:just do what i did and use a program called MKVmerge to merge them together using the append button to create the 1 file instead of having multiple files for each event.

Did you use MKVmerge on your .avi files too?

- Deano316 - 2011-09-06

outatouch0 Wrote:Thanks I will give this a try when I get the chance.

Just realised, I didn't mention that I'm using Aeon Nox. Hope that doesn't make the advice problematic for you.

- frieten - 2011-09-07

Deano316 Wrote:Quick question for frieten, how did you make the UFC series? (nfos etc.) Incidentally, works like a charm!!! Laugh

spent about 3-4 days creating everything manually, using info from wiki, disc images from the dvds i have and images from google Smile
outatouch0 Wrote:Did you use MKVmerge on your .avi files too?

yep if i had CD1 and CD2.avi for example, just run them thru MKVmerge, append, and it creates a single file as an mkv. works like a charm.

i use it for my F1 as well so i have one single file comprising of pre quali, quali, pre race, race Smile

i suggest anyone who wants to create there own just follow my template i used for UFC and go for it.

you can then custom do anything you want and have them in your library, with your own descriptions, thumbs, season folders, etc Smile

once you get the hang of it its fun to do Smile great for home videos Smile

- Deano316 - 2011-09-07

frieten Wrote:spent about 3-4 days creating everything manually, using info from wiki, disc images from the dvds i have and images from google Smile

yep if i had CD1 and CD2.avi for example, just run them thru MKVmerge, append, and it creates a single file as an mkv. works like a charm.

i use it for my F1 as well so i have one single file comprising of pre quali, quali, pre race, race Smile

i suggest anyone who wants to create there own just follow my template i used for UFC and go for it.

you can then custom do anything you want and have them in your library, with your own descriptions, thumbs, season folders, etc Smile

once you get the hang of it its fun to do Smile great for home videos Smile

Obviously the .nfo and .xml files I can make just by copying and editing with notepad. The .tbn files though, are they created by XBMC or did you make those as well. If so, which program do I need to create them? Creating my own TV seasons is a game changer!!! Nod

:Edit

Discovered that XBMC does the .tbn - problem solved!!

- outatouch0 - 2011-09-08

To select your own "season01.tbn" images and episode.name.tbn images you simply change the ".jpg" file extenstion to ".tbn"

That is all there is to it Nod

(leave "folder.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" just like that)

- frieten - 2011-09-09

Deano316 Wrote:Obviously the .nfo and .xml files I can make just by copying and editing with notepad. The .tbn files though, are they created by XBMC or did you make those as well. If so, which program do I need to create them? Creating my own TV seasons is a game changer!!! Nod

:Edit

Discovered that XBMC does the .tbn - problem solved!!

sorry yeah there just downloaded images off the net and if they are .jpg or whatever just change it to .tbn Smile

no need to convert or anything just change the filename

- outatouch0 - 2011-09-10

frieten Wrote:for anyone wanting to setup UFC in there tvshows library.
download my UFC Pack to setup your UFC manually.

Just a tip to save yourself the hours I just wasted....
When you set up a stand alone folder with only UFC's in it...
Be sure to 'tick' the part where it says "folder contains only one TV show" Nerd
Blush

- BreakerBreaker - 2011-11-21

Since i'm apparently not able to PM (yet?) - i just registered, i'm digging up this thread...
@frieten - great work mate, is there any chance you might do regular updates of your UFC pack?

Also, do you have any suggestions how i could add the free events (UFC Fight Night, TUF Finales, the Versus fights etc) to this?