Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) (/showthread.php?tid=109470)

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - azerax - 2012-10-11

This skin is amazingly beautiful and has tons of options. My only quib with this theme is that sometimes on some of the view types the font is a little too small for long content....

But nevertheless my permanent theme until someone beats this theme, so do I think so? naaaah, not a chance in a million...

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - binBD - 2012-10-17

ill never get tiered of that crisp, premium feelin i get when i start from scratch with your skin

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - `Black - 2012-10-17

Some upcoming stuff for the Frodo update... still a lot to do. Several viewtypes will be removed/changed, I'll add new ones of course. Old homescreen will be removed, homescreen will be darker to provide a more unified experience (option to change light/dark will be dropped).

New weather:

New view:

Imageshack album ... I'll add new stuff there from time to time.

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - sakyweeber - 2012-10-17

@'Black,

Let me beging by saying that I love this skin. It has made my htpc easy to use for everybody in my house. I have one small problem right now, and I'm not sure if it's coming from xbmc or the skin. When I watch a show, it doesn't get marked as watched automatically. Have you heard of this before? Does it have to with the skin?

Thanks so much for the hard work.

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - `Black - 2012-10-17

You mean it's not marked watched? Does it happen in other skins? If it's watched after you restart XBMC, it could be a skin issue... do you use an official XBMC build?

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - BigNoid - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-17, 17:00)`Black Wrote: Some upcoming stuff for the Frodo update... still a lot to do. Several viewtypes will be removed/changed, I'll add new ones of course. Old homescreen will be removed, homescreen will be darker to provide a more unified experience (option to change light/dark will be dropped).

Imageshack album ... I'll add new stuff there from time to time.

That looks great. Will be great to see the metro style back into more views. That watched progress indicator is a nice touch. I've been searching for a nice way to show that information in Nox for a long time and had thought about doing something similar, but it doesn't fit with our watched flags.

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - nlash - 2012-10-17

The screenshots look really good, Black. Looking forward to the update.

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - bakito - 2012-10-18

Arg!! Please don t remove the old homescreen!
I find it much more simplier than the metro one...
Please...
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - `Black - 2012-10-18

The new home screen is and will be easy to use, trust me. Makes no sense to keep the old one.

sniff...

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - macardi - 2012-10-18

Absolutely stunning, I looks fantastic, Very well done as always. Cant wait to see more

/Marcus

Still it s great to hear news from xperience1080...
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - nessus - 2012-10-19

Black... I have high esteem in your work and i've learned a lot about skinning from your code. Having said that i would like to make a suggestion if i may.
Since i suspect you are taking the square-boxes-metro-win8 road to the global look of the skin i suggest you to drop the current metro home screen from Xperience1080, keep only the old one (Xperience style) with the current views, and go on with the new screen and new views (i suspect in metro-win8 style) to a new skin by a new name. With that way you will have two different distinct skins whose names would represent what exactly they are.

Of course that's my opinion and if you disagree just ignore it.

Cheers
Nessus

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - `Black - 2012-10-19

I could do that however that would mean someone else has to maintain the old version (make it ready for Frodo and future XBMC versions) because I won't do it.

RE: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Slurrrp - 2012-10-19

Nice. Will we see small updates on github or one big update when frodo is released? Angel