New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: PVR Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2011-09-22 00:11
I've created a new PVR add-on for MythTV (v. 0.24). It only uses libcmyth (that has been modified with some additional functions to support the add-on).
Currently the following in working on windows and linux(ubuntu):
-LiveTV, including radio (at least with DVB)
-Timers (add, delete, modify)
-Timeshifting (still work in progress)
- Episode and season info in EPG
- Bookmark support (to skip commercials)
- Fast forward not working on some recordings/wrong duration reported (seems to be related to ffmpeg)
- ATSC subtitles (again lacking ffmpeg support)
Thanks to dubstar_04 for producing this video that demonstrate the add-on:
The code is located at my git-hub account here:
Please note that you will have to use my fork of xbmc PVR as the addon relies on some modification to the xbmc code.
Boost version 1.42 or later is needed. On Ubuntu make sure to install libboost-regex-dev and libboost-filesystem-dev in addition to libboost-dev
Windows build here:
Eden-PVR http://www.mediafire.com/?y5hdp8bd7d58mmu updated 24/6-2012
Master (=unstable) http://www.mediafire.com/?vq8widow9okf4dd updated 22/5-2012
Helpful guides/posts for installing the addon and mythtv on linux
Installing the Addon on ubuntu
How to report a bug:
1) Check if it is a known xbmc PVR bug (search the forum or check issues on opdenkamps xbmc github repo.
2) make sure that "Enable debug logging" is enabled in system->settings->system->debugging and that "Include more debug information in the log" is enabled in system->settings->add-ons->installed add-ons->pvr clients->MythTV cmyth PVR client->configure
3) copy the xbmc.log to pastebin.com or a similar site
4) If you are experiencing deadlocks or crashes a full stack trace would also be appreciated. It is included in the crashlog but if xbmc hangs you need to use gdb to generate it by following the procedure:
a) get the process ID(PID) of xbmc.bin process i.e. "ps -A|grep xbmc.bin"
b) start gdb as superuser "sudo gdb"
c) attach to xbmc.bin "attach" + PID from a)
d) produce stack trace "thread apply all bt full"
e) post to pastebin
5) post a report in this thread or create a new issue on github or comment on an existing issue if it is a new bug.
- opdenkamp - 2011-09-22 13:01
sounds good. have a chat with dteirney, cause he is/was maintaining the other mythtv add-on
- dubstar_04 - 2011-09-22 19:27
I have done a small amount of testing.
Live Tv - Works
Radio - Works
Playback Recorded - Works
Deleting Recorded - Works
Setting Timers - Works*
Deleting Timers - Works
*Timers are entered into the database, but don't actually record.
xbmc reports 'recording aborted'
The schedules dont appear in mythtv. just the database.
You could probably do some checking to see if the database is accessible with the entered credentials.
Would it be possible to sort recordings by date?
Have you spoken with dtierney? he has done alot of work with the mythtv addon already.
Test results - therealrocket - 2011-09-22 20:06
My testing against my crusty 0.23-fixes backend - very impressive effort for so much to be working!
Live TV - works (no VDPAU though, so it's stuttery)
Radio - not tested (haven't got channels configured)
EPG - works
Playback recorded - hangs (pastebin)
Delete recorded - works
Sorry I can't test timers, - I don't have a spare environment to mess with..
There are some UI quirks:
- You have to press backspace to get out of the timer window, escape doesn't work
- In the radio/TV channels window when there are no radio channels you see an unnamed progress bar and the word "Next" at the bottom right
- In "EPG: Now", only some channels appear not all of them
- In "Recordings", only the title and description of the program are visible, the subtitle isn't shown
- Search only returns one or 2 results
- "next recording" message is showing one of the first recordings I ever did; from back in 2009.
Any idea how I can get it to use VDPAU, given mythfrontend is using VDPAU successfully? I've made sure it's enabled in the video settings..
- tsp42 - 2011-09-22 20:07
dubstar_04 Wrote:I have done a small amount of testing.
Thanks for testing. It should be fixed now on github. I will update the windows build later.
It looks like it have been a while since dtierney was online but I will speak to him when he comes back.
- iscraigh - 2011-09-23 02:19
How can I install this on Ubuntu. I have some linux experience, can use the command line etc, just never used git.
- cflynt - 2011-09-23 06:54
iscraigh Wrote:How can I install this on Ubuntu. I have some linux experience, can use the command line etc, just never used git.
I just started in on the PVR builds last night and this one was the only one I could get LiveTV going on, mind you it still crashes a lot. But not 100% sure if it is just the system I am running it on, not one of my production boxes that have more memory etc heh. But I basically used the steps from this thread and got things compiled and installed. Check out the README.ubuntu after grabbing the Repository for dependencies you will need. Someone do correct me if things like the git branch -a command aren't needed. And thanks to tsp42 for developing this, I look forward to seeing where this goes. I still use MythFrontend and then launch XBMC from it for now, but if this stabalizes and in the future we can get more of a Guide like look when in the EPG this would be so much better for the family to be in one product heh!
Thanks go to dubstar_04 from this thread:
And to update you can go back into the directory and do a:
- tsp42 - 2011-09-23 14:03
cflynt Wrote:Someone do correct me if things like the git branch -a command aren't needed.You don't need it. Also you can use
Quote:git pullinside the xbmc source code directory to update the source code when you have downloaded it with git clone.
therealrocket Wrote:- You have to press backspace to get out of the timer window, escape doesn't workMost of the UI quirks are in the XBMC PVR code and not in the add-on code but the "next recording" should be easy to fix and maybe also sorting the recordings by date. Currently XBMC PVR doesn't support subtitles for recordings but I can append the subtitle to the title of the recording if you would like that.
Does VDPAU work when playing video in XBMC?
- cflynt - 2011-09-23 14:27
tsp42 Wrote:Does VDPAU work when playing video in XBMC?
I noticed that VDPAU wasn't working either, BUT I will honestly say I haven't tested my other videos with this build to see if it works on normal videos. But I do notice the tearing when watching recordings and livetv. As where I wasn't getting that on regular XBMC before. But again, i will have to report back by adding some video sources to this test system.
Thanks again for your work.
- iscraigh - 2011-09-23 17:32
Still not having any luck installing, when I follow your commands I get..
What am I missing?
Ignore this I had not installed the build dependancies.
Also for other rookies I had to run the bootstrap/configure commands as sudo