Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-11-19

janbar,

I want to try and optimize my home network for the live TV stream from my mythbackend server, using QOS in my router. For that I need to input which port should get the highest priority.

Could you please tell me which port the video stream runs on when it's sent to XBMC?

Thanks Smile
/Martin

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fiveisalive - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-19, 13:26)markcs Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 12:14)simora Wrote: @markcs

when you run ./configure are you using the --enable-addons-with-dependencies argument?

Rolleyes I am an idiot! Thanks @simora

Is there any way to enable subtitles that are broadcast while watching TV through XBMC?

Not yet, as it would have to be enabled via FFMPEG decoding in core XBMC / PVR support and isn't add-on specific (although there may be some additional add-on changes needed to support it fully). There is an open feature request for this here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144517

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-19, 16:04)Bedlore Wrote: Hi all, I've found this via openelec which I installed last night onto my Xtreamer ultra1. I'm very pleased that a viable mythtv plugin is evolving for XBMC. Thank you developers!

My main missed feature currently is commercial skipping, I saw it was a coming feature. Is anyone able to give me a sense of how far away that might be yet?

Thanks

The patch for commercial skipping (i.g. reading edit decision lists from the backend) is ready for both, xbmc and the addon. Because of the feature freeze it can only be added to xbmc after frodo is out.
(2012-11-19, 20:21)fiveisalive Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 13:26)markcs Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 12:14)simora Wrote: @markcs

when you run ./configure are you using the --enable-addons-with-dependencies argument?

Rolleyes I am an idiot! Thanks @simora

Is there any way to enable subtitles that are broadcast while watching TV through XBMC?

Not yet, as it would have to be enabled via FFMPEG decoding in core XBMC / PVR support and isn't add-on specific (although there may be some additional add-on changes needed to support it fully). There is an open feature request for this here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144517

imho there is nothing needed on the addon side. Just ffmpeg and probably also some code in xbmc itself
the stream is completely processed outside of the addon...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tdavis - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-19, 20:23)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 16:04)Bedlore Wrote: Hi all, I've found this via openelec which I installed last night onto my Xtreamer ultra1. I'm very pleased that a viable mythtv plugin is evolving for XBMC. Thank you developers!

My main missed feature currently is commercial skipping, I saw it was a coming feature. Is anyone able to give me a sense of how far away that might be yet?

Thanks

The patch for commercial skipping (i.g. reading edit decision lists from the backend) is ready for both, xbmc and the addon. Because of the feature freeze it can only be added to xbmc after frodo is out.

And if someone wanted to test them out - how does one get these patches?

I'd like to try them..

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-19, 19:14)Ayla Wrote: janbar,

I want to try and optimize my home network for the live TV stream from my mythbackend server, using QOS in my router. For that I need to input which port should get the highest priority.

Could you please tell me which port the video stream runs on when it's sent to XBMC?

Thanks Smile
/Martin
Very good idea. The port is 6543.
Also soon i will updating the read buffer code to be less agressive. But i need time to validate the changes. Br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - dubstar_04 - 2012-11-19

Text bug on the home screen:

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-11-19

--> If you mean that long text isn't shown properly, that's not mythtv addon related.
A ticket should go to trac.xbmc.org, for PVR/Skin Confluence.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allen00se - 2012-11-19

Has anyone seen an issue with livetv where the video will slow almost to a pause then fast foward to catch up and as soon as it catches up it does slow mo again? All the while the audio is playing fine? I thought it might be a CPU issue, but my cpu stays around 25%. I checked in video settings to see if I needed to enable something and the only option I have for hardware accel is dxva, there is no nvidia option, even though I have the latest nvidia driver installed.

This is happening to me on an acer revo 1600 using windows 7 and the latest xbmc/cmyth addon.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - deadite66 - 2012-11-19

i've seen a video pulsing effect when one of the deinterlacing options is enabled.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-11-20

(2012-11-19, 21:29)cfetzer Wrote: --> If you mean that long text isn't shown properly, that's not mythtv addon related.
A ticket should go to trac.xbmc.org, for PVR/Skin Confluence.

Ah, where is the bug ?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2012-11-20

@janbar
It has been forever since I have been off of the road for work but I was finally able to test your changes last night. Video playback seems to be vastly improved and I no longer cannot tune anymore. It seems to work almost every time now as a mater of fact; Great work! The only time it doesn't tune properly is on the very first tune after XBMC loads. I can provide a log if needed, but is this an issue that you are already aware of?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - apnar - 2012-11-20

Unless you have an advanced network with multiple network segments the traffic between XBMC and myth will never hit your routers routing table so QOS won't have any effect on it. The connection between the two will be a direct layer 2 connection as opposed to layer 3.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-11-20

(2012-11-20, 03:14)apnar Wrote:

Unless you have an advanced network with multiple network segments the traffic between XBMC and myth will never hit your routers routing table so QOS won't have any effect on it. The connection between the two will be a direct layer 2 connection as opposed to layer 3.

I have two 802.11ac routers, one is my main router and the other is set up as a media bridge (extender) only (and is connected to the main router wirelessly) and to my mythbackend server with ethernet.

Won't my primary router QOS process the signal from the media bridge in this case, I would think that it would?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - max_gradient - 2012-11-20

(2012-11-15, 23:51)cfetzer Wrote: 21:17:53 T:2882702144 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'unknown' is using an incompatible API version.

You have to upgrade your xbmc version. Beta 1 is out. That should work!
Cheers,
Christian

I am receiving the same error. It started when I used apt-get to upgrade from a nightly I was using to the newest Beta.

I have removed the add-on from the .xbmc directory, have completely deleted the pvr-addons git working directory and compiled everything from scratch using the instructions in this wiki, and yet I still see this:

XBMC (12.0-BETA1 Git:Unknown), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, 3.2.0-32-generic-pae i686). Built on Nov 19 2012
16:49:07 T:2950687552 DEBUG: RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
16:49:07 T:2950687552 DEBUG: PVR - Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
16:49:07 T:2950687552 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
16:49:07 T:2950687552 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/home/p/.xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr)
16:49:07 T:2950687552 DEBUG: Loading: /home/p/.xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
16:49:07 T:2950687552 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.6.0', add-on API version '1.5.0'

So essentially, the add-on I just pulled and built from the GIT is using an older API version than XBMC.

What am I missing - thanks for any hints Smile

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2012-11-20

@Max
after creating the addon zip file did you remember to reinstall it through xbmc? I usually set a prefix through configure and go the make install route myself. I can assure you cfetzer is using the 1.6.0 API as I just built it last night along with a fresh compile of xbmc. Both cfetzer and Janbar work.