Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

AW: RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - max_gradient - 2012-11-20

(2012-11-20, 18:58)Aubrien Wrote: @Max
after creating the addon zip file did you remember to reinstall it through xbmc? I usually set a prefix through configure and go the make install route myself. I can assure you cfetzer is using the 1.6.0 API as I just built it last night along with a fresh compile of xbmc. Both cfetzer and Janbar work.

hi and thx for trying to help. yes I have completely removed the old add-on and zip, then built and reinstalled.

I'm thinking I may be using the wrong repo or something :-(

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - max_gradient - 2012-11-20

ok I fixed it:

The zip I built was fine AND using the latest version with correct API. I deleted the addon dir for pvr.myth* and chose to install the new zip via XBMC, HOWEVER: it did not install the zip I selected, instead it was silently using an older zip that was cached in this dir: /.xbmc/addons/packages

I deleted the old zip and got it working.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - apnar - 2012-11-21

(2012-11-20, 11:30)Ayla Wrote: I have two 802.11ac routers, one is my main router and the other is set up as a media bridge (extender) only (and is connected to the main router wirelessly) and to my mythbackend server with ethernet.

Won't my primary router QOS process the signal from the media bridge in this case, I would think that it would?

Unlikely, as it's a "bridge" it's still all layer 2 and won't hit your routers routing table only the arp caches.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - richardk - 2012-11-21

Using the cmyth 0.5.0 addon with the latest (11/21) Windows build, the PVR manager dies and restarts repeatedly. Here's a log:

http://pastebin.com/Msykvuap

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can supply any additional information.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - takiaine - 2012-11-21

Is there any plans for implementing the powersave options for PVR?

In my current setup I have mythbackend and xbmc running on same computer. Xbmc starts at boot and as long as it is running, it will not allow mythbackend to shutdown the computer. So to shutdown the computer I currently just quit xbmc when not using it and after that mythbackend will shutdown the computer. I also have one addon running that quits xbmc when it has been idle for an hour. Other option would be to use the mythwelcome but I am not huge fan of it because sometimes it crahes on my setup.

Would it be possible to stop the connection to mythbackend if xbmc has been idle for some specific time and thus allowing mythbackend to shutdown the computer? Or, I can see that PVR powersave settings have options to set the next wakeup time with specific command/script. The script from MythTV wiki could probably be used, but the time for next recording would need to be retrieved from backend.

And thanks for your hard work so far!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-11-21

(2012-11-21, 19:27)takiaine Wrote: Is there any plans for implementing the powersave options for PVR?

In my current setup I have mythbackend and xbmc running on same computer. Xbmc starts at boot and as long as it is running, it will not allow mythbackend to shutdown the computer. So to shutdown the computer I currently just quit xbmc when not using it and after that mythbackend will shutdown the computer. I also have one addon running that quits xbmc when it has been idle for an hour. Other option would be to use the mythwelcome but I am not huge fan of it because sometimes it crahes on my setup.

Would it be possible to stop the connection to mythbackend if xbmc has been idle for some specific time and thus allowing mythbackend to shutdown the computer? Or, I can see that PVR powersave settings have options to set the next wakeup time with specific command/script. The script from MythTV wiki could probably be used, but the time for next recording would need to be retrieved from backend.

And thanks for your hard work so far!

Yes you can stop the backend even if xbmc is running. When backend restart then xbmc will reconnect to it.
You can also activate the powersave of your mediacenter. It is the same as stopping the backend. When it will be up xbmc will reconnect to.
(2012-11-21, 16:02)richardk Wrote: Using the cmyth 0.5.0 addon with the latest (11/21) Windows build, the PVR manager dies and restarts repeatedly. Here's a log:

http://pastebin.com/Msykvuap

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can supply any additional information.
It is not related to addon because you have no pvr addon enabled. Cleanup xbmc or remove userdata databases: pvr and epg to unlock the issue.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-11-21

(2012-11-20, 02:55)Aubrien Wrote: @janbar
It has been forever since I have been off of the road for work but I was finally able to test your changes last night. Video playback seems to be vastly improved and I no longer cannot tune anymore. It seems to work almost every time now as a mater of fact; Great work! The only time it doesn't tune properly is on the very first tune after XBMC loads. I can provide a log if needed, but is this an issue that you are already aware of?
@Aubrien
Hi , i am happy to hear your news. Great news. The hard and big issue is resolved. I am interresting to see the log about first tune. It is weird. Also could you tell me how long time is needed to get the playback. And also if program break and channel switch run for you.
Thanks Aubrien for your help.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - takiaine - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-21, 20:42)janbar Wrote: Yes you can stop the backend even if xbmc is running. When backend restart then xbmc will reconnect to it.
You can also activate the powersave of your mediacenter. It is the same as stopping the backend. When it will be up xbmc will reconnect to.
Sorry if my question was not clear, but what I meant was that I want to shutdown my meadiacenter PC(runs both mythbackend and xbmc), so that it wakes up before recordings and shutdowns after the recording(also shutsdown when user is not using xbmc). I though that PVR power saving options were for that, but currently it is not working for me. Or I have misunderstood what the PVR power saving options are supposed to do...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - markcs - 2012-11-22

Hi!

Does anyone have this compiled for Android or know how to do this? I now have XBMC Frodo on my tablet ...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pyrodex - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-19, 21:23)dubstar_04 Wrote: Text bug on the home screen:

@dubstar_04 did you report this yet? I noticed with the latest nightly from 11/21 and the latest PVR compiled addon I am seeing this problem in Confluence. This doesn't matter how long the show title is since I've observed it being done for short show titles and the beginning and end is chopped off.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-21, 21:01)janbar Wrote: @Aubrien
Hi , i am happy to hear your news. Great news. The hard and big issue is resolved. I am interresting to see the log about first tune. It is weird. Also could you tell me how long time is needed to get the playback. And also if program break and channel switch run for you.
Thanks Aubrien for your help.

@janbar
I have been doing a little more testing and I have found the circumstances behind the issue where I have to play twice the first time. It isn't caused by the addon reloading or xbmc reloading, but it is caused when I power cycle the HD PVR tuner. Basically the tuner will crash sometimes because of bad drivers for the ir blaster portion of the card (a separate unrelated issue). The solution is to power cycle the card (or to use a commandIR instead of the built in IR blaster). When I do this it reloads and inits the driver and it clears up the issue with he card for a bit. The funny thing is, once the addon goes to play a channel, it doesn't work the first time but it will work the second. On the first tune after power cycling the card XBMC shows the spinning loading icon for ~30s and then it drops back to the channel list. It gives no "could not tune" error, but it just silently fails after a duration of time. During this first failed tune, the mythbackend actually is doing its job fine as the tuner changes the channel correctly and begins recording. It is just the addon doesn't seem to attach to the stream correctly and while the backend is tuned and streaming to a file, the frontend doesn't start playback. Could it be a stale recorder object or something of that nature? I won't be able to post logs until tomorrow but I figured I would go ahead and post the symptoms while I had a chance.

As for tune times...It takes ~15s from when I click on a channel to the time playback starts working on the screen. Channel changes work pretty well and I only have issues when the tuner itself crashes but as I mentioned above this is related to drivers for the IR blaster (lirc_zilog). This is pretty good for my setup as it has to tune via IR blaster. As for program breaks, it does indeed work but if I let it run all night it will eventually stop working. I have also noticed that if the buffer runs out due to temporary poor WiFi signal or whatever that playback will eventually stop as well. Is there any way to have it so when it does have to delay playback for buffering that it buffers at set min amount before proceeding with playback? Just an idea.

I also wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work. You did indeed fix the major issue with tuning and that is a big improvement! Thanks so much for all of the hard work. It is really paying off.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-22, 12:42)markcs Wrote: Hi!

Does anyone have this compiled for Android or know how to do this? I now have XBMC Frodo on my tablet ...

It should be run. If you have installed xbmc frodo then the addon is with it. Just change the skin to confluence, enable livetv and configure addon screen (same as ipad).
Br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-22, 20:37)janbar Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 12:42)markcs Wrote: Hi!

It should be run. If you have installed xbmc frodo then the addon is with it. Just change the skin to confluence, enable livetv and configure addon screen (same as ipad).
Br

Not sure about that. Because of the comments in here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1685.
Unfortunately I don't have a device to check the builds, but I'm planning to get one.

RE: OpenELEC MythTV EPG - martyg - 2012-11-23

(2012-11-18, 18:25)martyg Wrote: Peeling the onion, I now see the OpenELEC locking up right after the EPG Updater thread starts.
The first channel in my list is displayed on the the update bar, and it stays locked up after that.
I can see the channel list, timer list, and recorded programs load up OK before it hangs.
At that point xbmc.bin consumes 100% CPU with a system load average ~2.0.
I left it like this for 15 minutes, and the frontend never cleared itself from this state,

OK, I have finally brought this issue under control.
The root cause was having 600+ channels in my MythTV database, and the RPi plugin choking on the sheer volume of data.
Trimmed this down using the MythWeb channel manager to the ~150 channels I care about, and I am good.

It is really helpful to test this environment on another platform before moving over to RPi.
In my case, I loaded the XBMC Beta on my Windows PC and tested the plugin there first.
This eliminated everything but the platform issues before I moved my (working) setup back to RPIi.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-11-24

I still see a "slow down" every couple of hours, audio disappears and video plays very slowly.

If I press Stop and Play again, everything works fine for a couple of hours again.

Anyone else seeing this?

Any ideas?