Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - twojciac - 2012-11-26

I am running mythbuntu 12.04 as my backend with a HD Homerun and HD Homerun Prime. The HD Homerun gives me two tuners for clear QAM, and the Homerun Prime gives me 3 tuners for Encrypted QAM. As such, I've got 5 possible tuners for any of my local HD channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, CW, etc) and 3 tuners for stuff like Discovery Channel and Food Network.

I have two sources setup, channels mapped and everything looks great when I look at the listings on mythweb. I have all of the callsigns and xmlids setup to match between the video sources. So looking at the listings on the mythweb interface, I see a single NBC with the proper listing.

Now when I look at the EPG from Live TV on XBMC, I see two NBCs... one for each source. Is this a problem with the cmyth plugin, or the skin, or xbmc, or is it on the backend?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Gulliver - 2012-11-27

Hello,

Using the Git of fetzerch, I've build the latest addon for MythTV (0.25 here). That's work pretty well, but one issue on the timer.
I can't add any timer ...
No crash of xbmc, nothing in xbmc's log.

But when I add a timer with Mythweb, the timer appears in the addon timer section.

Is it a well known issue ?
Have you got some ideas ?

Thanks a lot for any idea !

PS: xbmc frodo builded from lastest git revision, and fetzerch addon also.

Observing mysql.log doesn't show me any INSERT action... strange. And naturally, nothing in mythbackend.log.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - simora - 2012-11-27

@janbar

I see activity in the github commits on the libcmyth merge... do we get to see an android build soon?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-11-28

@simora: I asked for help on android. I'll let you know as soon as there's something to test.

And just to clarify, it's not really related to the libcmyth merge.
It's more something in the android build chain that needs a fix.

Cheers,
Christian
(2012-11-27, 21:13)Gulliver Wrote: Hello,

Using the Git of fetzerch, I've build the latest addon for MythTV (0.25 here). That's work pretty well, but one issue on the timer.
I can't add any timer ...
No crash of xbmc, nothing in xbmc's log.

But when I add a timer with Mythweb, the timer appears in the addon timer section.

Is it a well known issue ?
Have you got some ideas ?

Thanks a lot for any idea !

PS: xbmc frodo builded from lastest git revision, and fetzerch addon also.

Observing mysql.log doesn't show me any INSERT action... strange. And naturally, nothing in mythbackend.log.

Is this a new problem? Did it work before you upgraded to the latest changes?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Gulliver - 2012-11-28

Hello Christian,

No, since about 1 month I've playing with Frodo and your PVR addon (the mythtv one), It nerver worked for writing timings.
I thought it wasn't implemented ... But in reading this forum, I don't read anything like that.

It seems the read access at mythconverg is good (EPG appears), and some write access also: creating a timing from the EPG is possible and well registred by mythtv (mythweb show the timing).
But creating a timing "from scratch" (as a manual timing in mythweb), stay wierdly silencious ....

The last try I done is yesterday with a very very freh compilation of frodo and your addon.

I activated "general_log" for mysql -> no INSERT command passed, mythbackend.log and of course xbmc log. I don't see where I could find information about what it happens when I try to create a new timer ...
Everything else work well: live tv, epg, reading records, etc....

Anyway, Thanks for your attention towards my issue !

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allen00se - 2012-11-29

Hey all,
Just curious if anyone has recommendations for a physical remote control and/or an IOS remote app that works well with this addon and XBMC in general? I used to use the Constellation app, because it was the only one I had found that displayed a clickable EPG to change channels, however its EPG seems to be broken with Frodo .

Also I want a few cheap physical remote controls for some rooms of the house for guests. For the physical remote the main functions I would want are the ability to punch in a channel and a button that can bring up the on screen EPG.

Any great ideas?

Also any idea if there are any web based remotes out there that could be browsed to that show the EPG and allow you to click to tune?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-19, 20:38)tdavis Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 20:23)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 16:04)Bedlore Wrote: Hi all, I've found this via openelec which I installed last night onto my Xtreamer ultra1. I'm very pleased that a viable mythtv plugin is evolving for XBMC. Thank you developers!

My main missed feature currently is commercial skipping, I saw it was a coming feature. Is anyone able to give me a sense of how far away that might be yet?

Thanks

The patch for commercial skipping (i.g. reading edit decision lists from the backend) is ready for both, xbmc and the addon. Because of the feature freeze it can only be added to xbmc after frodo is out.

And if someone wanted to test them out - how does one get these patches?

I'd like to try them..

Sorry for the late response. It's unfortunately not that easy since you need to patch both xbmc and the addon.
If you want to try it, you need https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1743 and https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/51.
When upgrading either of them you have to readd both changes or you will get crashes (because of the api change).

That's why I'd suggest to wait until after frodo...

Cheers,
Christian
(2012-11-29, 18:01)allen00se Wrote: Also I want a few cheap physical remote controls for some rooms of the house for guests. For the physical remote the main functions I would want are the ability to punch in a channel and a button that can bring up the on screen EPG.

For the physical remote, I can recommend:
- Your TV's remote using the CEC adapter: http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/products/104-usb-hdmi-cec-adapter.aspx
- Nyxboard (incl keyboard): http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/products/96-motorola-nyxboard-remote-designed-for-xbmc.aspx
- or the Microsoft MCE remotes (if you can get one)

Anyway bringing up the guide / epg should be possible with all of them. You just have to modify you keymaps: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119788

Cheers,
Christian

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - mimin0 - 2012-11-30

Hey folks, does anybody know why plugin would only pull the channels from the remote backend (0.26) but not the full EPG? Appreciate the response.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - greatfront7 - 2012-11-30

Still seeing breaking between live shows on 0.5.0.

Unfortunately still seeing issues with show transitions breaking in-between shows during Live TV (tested on mythbunthu & openelec installs). Show ends, buffering dialog appears, and it just sits at 0% forever with no change or recovery. Would be happy to send logs if folks could point me to the right directory (preferably on my OE machine).

I am using a dell mini 10v netbook for my mythbackend (0.24) at the moment (with the stock 5400rpm drive). If you guys think there is a chance that upgrading to a faster drive could eliminate the show breaks I'd be willing to give that a shot. FWIW, using a traditional mythfrontend generates a slight pause in-between shows with that set-up but never anything that breaks the live feed.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tdavis - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 13:41)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 20:38)tdavis Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 20:23)cfetzer Wrote: The patch for commercial skipping (i.g. reading edit decision lists from the backend) is ready for both, xbmc and the addon. Because of the feature freeze it can only be added to xbmc after frodo is out.

And if someone wanted to test them out - how does one get these patches?

I'd like to try them..

Sorry for the late response. It's unfortunately not that easy since you need to patch both xbmc and the addon.
If you want to try it, you need https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1743 and https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/51.
When upgrading either of them you have to readd both changes or you will get crashes (because of the api change).

That's why I'd suggest to wait until after frodo...

Cheers,
Christian

I'm up for a challenge.. With the comm breaks, the WAF goes way way up. Smile It's the only piece really missing to stop using the MythTV frontend..

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-28, 10:29)Gulliver Wrote: No, since about 1 month I've playing with Frodo and your PVR addon (the mythtv one), It nerver worked for writing timings.
I thought it wasn't implemented ... But in reading this forum, I don't read anything like that.

It seems the read access at mythconverg is good (EPG appears), and some write access also: creating a timing from the EPG is possible and well registred by mythtv (mythweb show the timing).
But creating a timing "from scratch" (as a manual timing in mythweb), stay wierdly silencious ....

The last try I done is yesterday with a very very freh compilation of frodo and your addon.

I activated "general_log" for mysql -> no INSERT command passed, mythbackend.log and of course xbmc log. I don't see where I could find information about what it happens when I try to create a new timer ...
Everything else work well: live tv, epg, reading records, etc....

Janbar has made a few fixes that are timer related. Probably not related, but just to be sure, please rebuild the addon from github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons and try it again.
If it doesn't work, then please file a ticket for the addon here: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues describe the steps to reproduce the issue. Please also attach xbmc.log (with extra debugging enabled in the addon settings).

Cheers, Christian

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - guitarguy987 - 2012-12-01

First, thanks for everyones hard work on this addon.

I am currently testing the Mythtv addon. I am running a Mythtv 0.25 backend, clean install Mint 14 frontend (Ubuntu 12.10), and installed Frodo nightly and the addon using the instructions here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MythTV/BuildFromSource

HD Live TV works fine. I am having a problem with SD (analog) streams. Although I don't seem to be having the famous ReadLiveStream: Read 0 Bytes! problem anymore, I do still seem to have some kind of buffering issue. It will tune to the channel every time, but every few seconds the stream will get choppy (video mostly, audio is ok). I'm really not seeing much in the /temp/xbmc.log however.

Is anyone else having this problem, or did I miss a post somewhere on how to fix it?

Thanks.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Gulliver - 2012-12-01

(2012-11-30, 22:27)cfetzer Wrote: Janbar has made a few fixes that are timer related. Probably not related, but just to be sure, please rebuild the addon from github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons and try it again.
If it doesn't work, then please file a ticket for the addon here: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues describe the steps to reproduce the issue. Please also attach xbmc.log (with extra debugging enabled in the addon settings).

Cheers, Christian

Hi Christian,

Ok, I just added "my issue" on Github.
Thanks.
Best regards

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - speed32219 - 2012-12-02

Again, let me thank those who have put a lot of time and effort into this addon. I have now removed ALL Comcast boxes and just running on the M-card with the Ceton pcie tuner. I just want to post some observations,nothing critical, the WAF factor is now acceptable and she is getting use to this addon over the mythfrontend one.

1. I saw post above about the commercial skipping, will wait.
2. Can the Radio button on the pop-out be moved to the bottom of the list or even as a addon config to be added or not. Going from TV to EPG tab it stops on the radio button for 4-5 seconds same with the recordings but it is already below the EPG (ie, TV Channels/EPG/Recordings/Timer/Radio).
3 When I'm in EPG : timeline and I see a show that I want to watch currently playing and I select it, the pop-up comes up with the default of OK, and it would be easier if it defaulted to switch. (OK/RECORD/SWITCH or SELECT/TUNE would be better) mho
4. When watching a show and I select menu on remote the info bar and options show. If I go to the terminal symbol and hit select it shows an appreviated epg on right side of screen. Very nice, but it jumps to channels in the 400's range rather than the channel I'm watching ie 36. The regular epg works fine

And last but not least the remote, I noticed in the keyboard.xml file in main xbmc location there is some options for a PVR guide/menus/etc. Anyone know how or have implemented it yet? When I hit guide I get the status menu with cpu util/fps/audio etc. Would be nice if the timeline EPG would show or any guide for that matter.

Most the stuff above is cosmetic and some major like commercial skipping, but overall I am using daily without ANY problems with .25 backend and ION2 frontends.

For some having problems with HD, make sure your network is at least 1 GB BW. I am running one TV off a Netgear AC Ethernet adapters and it works fine at 170mbps, but is interfaced into a 10/100 network. If I am running a HD channel in the living rm and then select a HD stream in my office I get video stuttering, just not enough for two HD channels on one 10/100 backbone. Planning to change out the two 10/100 switches with the 10/100/1000 mbps ones. PC's are set to use the 1000 Mbps nics.

Overall I am a happy camper and WAF is loving it also. Kudos to all involved, no more comcast stb's.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-12-02

(2012-11-22, 21:13)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 20:37)janbar Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 12:42)markcs Wrote: Hi!
Does anyone have this compiled for Android or know how to do this? I now have XBMC Frodo on my tablet ...
It should be run. If you have installed xbmc frodo then the addon is with it. Just change the skin to confluence, enable livetv and configure addon screen (same as ipad).
Br
Not sure about that. Because of the comments in here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1685.
Unfortunately I don't have a device to check the builds, but I'm planning to get one.
(2012-11-27, 22:00)simora Wrote: @janbar
I see activity in the github commits on the libcmyth merge... do we get to see an android build soon?

Thanks to Team XBMC dev TheUni, who fixed the build issues for Android, XBMC Frodo Beta 2 will contain the mythtv addon also for Android.
I still don't have a device to test, so it would be great if you test it and share your experiences here. (as I said. So far it builds, but no one has tested it)
Can't tell where to get official packages, but I guess you know that already.

Cheers,
Christian