Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Busenheimer - 2012-12-11

What is the difference b/t cmyth and libmyth?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-12-11

@all,

Hi, we have pushed a fix to resolve some lock in the liveTV. If you have sometimes to test it and check there is no regression. If you find issue about program break , please, post a feedback. Thanks at all.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-11, 18:10)tdavis Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 21:55)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 19:30)tdavis Wrote: FYI - The xbmc PR still patches and works, but the addons PR does not. It has issues; I have not had time to find them and try to fix them; it appears to have to do with the fact that ArgusTV went KABOOM.

Thanks, I've rebased the addons PR.

Excellent, it compiled up and appeared to get the EDL list.. more testing to see how well it works.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using this for quite a while now and it's working fine. At least the XBMC/Addon part. It depends of cause on the comskip quality. So if your breaks appear to early or to late it needs configuration/fixes on the MythTV side.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-10, 05:42)fields_g Wrote: I got libcmyth pvr working on my frodo b2 windows machine. I was pretty excited to see frodo available for android, but cannot get the PVR function to work. On both android frodo b2 and b3, when I click System, Live TV, Enable, I see many addons, but not a cmyth addon. I also can't find a precompiled cmyth android addon build. Am I missing something?

There was an issue in the build system. Next nightly should have the android version again.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - timmyj9 - 2012-12-13

just built the latest add-on with the dec 12 commits
it seems to break the EPG for me only the first channel has any useful information

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-13, 08:37)timmyj9 Wrote: just built the latest add-on with the dec 12 commits
it seems to break the EPG for me only the first channel has any useful information

Thanks for reporting. Pushed a fix. Let me know if it works again.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-11, 23:46)janbar Wrote: @all,

Hi, we have pushed a fix to resolve some lock in the liveTV. If you have sometimes to test it and check there is no regression. If you find issue about program break , please, post a feedback. Thanks at all.

I still see "lock ups" in live TV.

Both the lock up ~ every 2 hours and recently also when the stream changes between commercials and other programming.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fields_g - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-12, 20:25)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 05:42)fields_g Wrote: I got libcmyth pvr working on my frodo b2 windows machine. I was pretty excited to see frodo available for android, but cannot get the PVR function to work. On both android frodo b2 and b3, when I click System, Live TV, Enable, I see many addons, but not a cmyth addon. I also can't find a precompiled cmyth android addon build. Am I missing something?

There was an issue in the build system. Next nightly should have the android version again.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eye out for the next release.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - NewJerseyNinja - 2012-12-13

FYI,

Upgraded to latest XBMC nightly last night, channel changing is approximately 5 seconds now -- this is MUCH improved over the builds from November, and appears to be changing channels just about as fast as Mythfrontend.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-13, 14:29)Josep22h Wrote: The schedules dont appear in mythtv. just the database.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Your images are broken. Can you describe the problem detailed? Did you build from source or are you using the 0.5 release?

If you mean by 'schedules' the EPG/Guide, that was indeed broken, but it's working again.

(2012-12-13, 10:29)Ayla Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 23:46)janbar Wrote: @all,
I still see "lock ups" in live TV.
Both the lock up ~ every 2 hours and recently also when the stream changes between commercials and other programming.

Please try again. Another set of fixes came in Smile

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-12-14

@Ayla

The regression is now fixed. thanks for your feedback. The git fetzerch/master is uptodate with the fix.
Also, the S3 suspend and disconnected backend are resolved.

EDIT: about S3 suspend, prefer to use it when your backend is in the same host of XBMC.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - timmyj9 - 2012-12-14

one other thing i was wondering
the frodo rc1/most recent nightlies are missing the built in cmyth addon dll in terms of the one integrated with the installer
the osx and android builds have the respective .pvr/.so files required but it seems to be missing in the windows builds

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tdavis - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-12, 00:08)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 18:10)tdavis Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 21:55)cfetzer Wrote: Thanks, I've rebased the addons PR.

Excellent, it compiled up and appeared to get the EDL list.. more testing to see how well it works.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using this for quite a while now and it's working fine. At least the XBMC/Addon part. It depends of cause on the comskip quality. So if your breaks appear to early or to late it needs configuration/fixes on the MythTV side.

Yea, it's skipping early on the 1080i stuff from SpikeTV.. What configuration issues/fixes are there on the mythtv side? I'll have to check and see if the MythTV client does the same things first..

(2012-12-14, 08:24)tdavis Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 00:08)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 18:10)tdavis Wrote: Excellent, it compiled up and appeared to get the EDL list.. more testing to see how well it works.

Yea, it's skipping early on the 1080i stuff from SpikeTV.. What configuration issues/fixes are there on the mythtv side? I'll have to check and see if the MythTV client does the same things first..

Yes, please check if MythFrontend behaves the same. In XBMC you should see the cutlist in the video codec info box (keyboard 'O') and it's also in the log. For MythTV you can jump between cuts using 'End' and 'Z' keys, that should give you the cut time information. If it behaves completely odd, a debug log with extra debug where you start playback could help!
More info: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_detection