Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - bedouin - 2012-12-19

Guys, really great work on this addon, I can't wait to fully retire my MythTV frontend!

I looked into the reported lock-ups a bit today and could reliably reproduce them whenever the backend switches recording files when one program ends and a new one starts, based on EPG data. I'm seeing this logged when the switchover happens:

23:13:03 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: no more file
23:13:03 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: wait until livetv_watch is up
23:13:04 T:140024781678336 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Process - Event file size update: 257889855
23:13:06 T:140024171452160 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
23:13:06 T:140024171452160 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
23:13:07 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: no more file
23:13:07 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: wait until livetv_watch is up
23:13:08 T:140024188237568 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

Then the "event file size update" - "no more file" - "wait until livetv_watch is up" sequence repeats. Hope this helps and can be fixed.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-12-20

@bedouin
@Ayla

Hi, please could you tell me which is the last commit of your clone of the git repo. Type:

git log | head -1

I cannot reproduce the lock with my master ! Also is it on raspi or others ? Is the lock is for long time or only few second ?
Thanks.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Calabraun - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-01, 17:18)guitarguy987 Wrote: First, thanks for everyones hard work on this addon.

I am currently testing the Mythtv addon. I am running a Mythtv 0.25 backend, clean install Mint 14 frontend (Ubuntu 12.10), and installed Frodo nightly and the addon using the instructions here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MythTV/BuildFromSource

HD Live TV works fine. I am having a problem with SD (analog) streams. Although I don't seem to be having the famous ReadLiveStream: Read 0 Bytes! problem anymore, I do still seem to have some kind of buffering issue. It will tune to the channel every time, but every few seconds the stream will get choppy (video mostly, audio is ok). I'm really not seeing much in the /temp/xbmc.log however.

Is anyone else having this problem, or did I miss a post somewhere on how to fix it?

Thanks.

I am having this exact same issue, with choppy SD video and HD is fine, using mythtv back end. Using MythTV .25 and I have a PVR-500 for SD. Did you happen to figure this out?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - martyg7 - 2012-12-20

I am looking for instructions for compiling the PVR addons for Raspberry Pi, but cannot find this written down anywhere.

I am already rolling my own OpenELEC nightlies for RPi on my AMD64 Linux box.
What is the best way to compile in the latest cMyth plugin? The OpenELEC repo is a couple of weeks behind.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am really keen to pick up the latest updates. Thanks!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - bedouin - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 03:44)janbar Wrote: @bedouin
@Ayla

Hi, please could you tell me which is the last commit of your clone of the git repo. Type:

git log | head -1

I cannot reproduce the lock with my master ! Also is it on raspi or others ? Is the lock is for long time or only few second ?
Thanks.
xbmc-pvr-addons commit 1653312, MythTV 0.24 backend, x86_64 Linux Mint 13, the lock lasts longer than my patience (a couple of minutes).

PS: Same issue on an OpenELEC 3.0 ION beta build, where I never found a way to easily update the built-in pvr.mythtv.cmyth addon. Installing latest zip from fetzerch repo unpacked it nicely into .xbmc/addons, but this never seemed to be picked up by the OpenELEC XBMC installation (modified changelog.txt to actually see which one it picked). Does anybody know the best way to _force_ OpenELEC XBMC to pick a certain version of an addon?

PPS: Just tested with latest XBMC RC2, including "1.6.6" pvr.mythtv.cmyth addon - same story. When the backend switches recording files at the start of a new program, live tv freezes and never recovers.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - c420 - 2012-12-20

I cant get the latest pull to install, within xbmc I get "dependencies not met"

Im using commit '2e365b1'

It seems to compile fine, but doesn't install within xbmc

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - c420 - 2012-12-21

That was weird, I tried a previous commit and still got the same message.

So I removed and reinstalled xbmc, now it seems to be working.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-19, 23:42)bedouin Wrote: Guys, really great work on this addon, I can't wait to fully retire my MythTV frontend!

I looked into the reported lock-ups a bit today and could reliably reproduce them whenever the backend switches recording files when one program ends and a new one starts, based on EPG data. I'm seeing this logged when the switchover happens:

23:13:03 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: no more file
23:13:03 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: wait until livetv_watch is up
23:13:04 T:140024781678336 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Process - Event file size update: 257889855
23:13:06 T:140024171452160 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
23:13:06 T:140024171452160 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
23:13:07 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: no more file
23:13:07 T:140025237198592 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_livetv_chain_switch: wait until livetv_watch is up
23:13:08 T:140024188237568 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

Then the "event file size update" - "no more file" - "wait until livetv_watch is up" sequence repeats. Hope this helps and can be fixed.

Hi, please can you post the log between 23:10:00 and 23:14:00 ?
I need to view result of events "LIVETV_WATCH" and "DONE_RECORDING". Thanks.

This maybe a noob question, and I'm just doing something wrong.... but why cant I modify any files in this?

I was trying to debug why my recordings list seems to pause about every 10 seconds fro 10-15 secs, so I added some extra logging to pvrclient-mythtv.cpp but nothing was showing up in the xbmc log, so I checked the log for a commonly logged string and found "Event file size update".

So I grepped my files and found the line in "pvr.mythtv.cmyth/src/cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp"

I changed line 153 in MythEventHandler.cpp from
XBMC->Log(LOG_NOTICE,"%s - Event file size update: %i", __FUNCTION__, databuf);
to
XBMC->Log(LOG_NOTICE,"%s - Event file siz update: %i", __FUNCTION__, databuf);

I removed the 'e' from size, but after recompiling and reinstalling, the xbmc log still shows it as 'Event file size update'.

(2012-12-21, 04:29)c420 Wrote: This maybe a noob question, and I'm just doing something wrong.... but why cant I modify any files in this?

I was trying to debug why my recordings list seems to pause about every 10 seconds fro 10-15 secs, so I added some extra logging to pvrclient-mythtv.cpp but nothing was showing up in the xbmc log, so I checked the log for a commonly logged string and found "Event file size update".

So I grepped my files and found the line in "pvr.mythtv.cmyth/src/cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp"

I changed line 153 in MythEventHandler.cpp from
XBMC->Log(LOG_NOTICE,"%s - Event file size update: %i", __FUNCTION__, databuf);
to
XBMC->Log(LOG_NOTICE,"%s - Event file siz update: %i", __FUNCTION__, databuf);

I removed the 'e' from size, but after recompiling and reinstalling, the xbmc log still shows it as 'Event file size update'.

Hi, if you use zip file to install it you must do "make clean zip" and unzip the target ziped file to your addon folder. Otherwise simply copy the new binary "XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr" to your addon folder "addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/".

"Event file size update" is send by backend during recording because the recording file size is updated.

of course... not sure why I didn't try just copying it over in the first place... seems so obvious now.
I kept try 'install from zip'
Thx

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - guitarguy987 - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-20, 04:12)Calabraun Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 17:18)guitarguy987 Wrote: First, thanks for everyones hard work on this addon.

I am currently testing the Mythtv addon. I am running a Mythtv 0.25 backend, clean install Mint 14 frontend (Ubuntu 12.10), and installed Frodo nightly and the addon using the instructions here:

HD Live TV works fine. I am having a problem with SD (analog) streams. Although I don't seem to be having the famous ReadLiveStream: Read 0 Bytes! problem anymore, I do still seem to have some kind of buffering issue. It will tune to the channel every time, but every few seconds the stream will get choppy (video mostly, audio is ok). I'm really not seeing much in the /temp/xbmc.log however.

Is anyone else having this problem, or did I miss a post somewhere on how to fix it?

Thanks.

I am having this exact same issue, with choppy SD video and HD is fine, using mythtv back end. Using MythTV .25 and I have a PVR-500 for SD. Did you happen to figure this out?

I did not figure this out yet. I assume it's a buffering issue, but am not sure.

Perhaps because I didn't attach a log file on my original post. I am still using a quite old version of the Add-On on my main TV that is working well enough for me...

Can anyone give us any insight into this? Is this a known problem? Would you like me to attach some log files?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - martyg7 - 2012-12-21

I am tracking a persistent problem with MPEG2 playback on RPi.
This issue is specific to playback via the PVR interface.
I am using the cMyth plugin. Backend is MythTV 0.26 Debian over GigE.

When playing back a HD recording, playback pauses/rebuffers randomly.
Frequency of occurence is once about every 1-2 minutes.
Playback is through the PVR interface using the cMyth plugin.
All my feeds are captured using a HD Homerun on FIOS TV.

I can play the same files through the XBMC "Videos" interface with no issues.
(I have my MythTV captures cross-mounted via NFS)

I have reproduced this issue on OpenELEC and RaspBMC.

I cannot duplicate this issue using VLC on windows, over SMB share.
I cannot duplicate this issue using XBMC Frodo RC2 on Windows.
I cannot duplicate this issue using Myth frontend on my Linux laptop.

This only occurs on high bitrate (~18Mb/s) HD recordings.
I cannot reproduce on lower bitrate (~2.5Mb/s) SD recordings.

NOTE this issue is unrelated to the other playback issue documented in several
other threads, where a hard pause occurs at commercial breaks in recordings.

As far as I can tell, this is NOT a recent regression.
I still see this problem as of latest OpenELEC nightly (r12735)
which includes the latest cMyth plugin (v.1.6.6)

Sorry if this already being worked on, but I have spent a lot of time trying to
figure out this issue, and wanted to make sure this was written down.

Happy holidays to all the developers and contributors!

(2012-12-21, 18:30)guitarguy987 Wrote:
(2012-12-20, 04:12)Calabraun Wrote:

Thanks.

I did not figure this out yet. I assume it's a buffering issue, but am not sure.

Perhaps because I didn't attach a log file on my original post. I am still using a quite old version of the Add-On on my main TV that is working well enough for me...

Can anyone give us any insight into this? Is this a known problem? Would you like me to attach some log files?

Hi,
Yes i need log to see what happen. But first try with mythfrontend to check you haven't the issue with it. Also what is the version of the old addon you use without any problem. That could be help me. Thanks.
Edit: if you have the git commit , it would be nice

(2012-12-21, 19:49)martyg7 Wrote: I am tracking a persistent problem with MPEG2 playback on RPi.
This issue is specific to playback via the PVR interface.
I am using the cMyth plugin. Backend is MythTV 0.26 Debian over GigE.

When playing back a HD recording, playback pauses/rebuffers randomly.
Frequency of occurence is once about every 1-2 minutes.
Playback is through the PVR interface using the cMyth plugin.
All my feeds are captured using a HD Homerun on FIOS TV.

I can play the same files through the XBMC "Videos" interface with no issues.
(I have my MythTV captures cross-mounted via NFS)

I have reproduced this issue on OpenELEC and RaspBMC.

I cannot duplicate this issue using VLC on windows, over SMB share.
I cannot duplicate this issue using XBMC Frodo RC2 on Windows.
I cannot duplicate this issue using Myth frontend on my Linux laptop.

This only occurs on high bitrate (~18Mb/s) HD recordings.
I cannot reproduce on lower bitrate (~2.5Mb/s) SD recordings.

NOTE this issue is unrelated to the other playback issue documented in several
other threads, where a hard pause occurs at commercial breaks in recordings.

As far as I can tell, this is NOT a recent regression.
I still see this problem as of latest OpenELEC nightly (r12735)
which includes the latest cMyth plugin (v.1.6.6)

Sorry if this already being worked on, but I have spent a lot of time trying to
figure out this issue, and wanted to make sure this was written down.

Happy holidays to all the developers and contributors!
Hi,

Probably you have a network issue. But also since we have limited the buffer size request depending of the backend response to avoid any break of show, this probem could occur. For me HD use 35~45 mb/s. Also you use a remote storage, so you need at least twice of the bandwidth. That means you need 70~100 mb/s. This is the reason why i said in a previous post you should have a gigabit network to manage these cases.
The best thing should be to use two different networks (so two ethernet cards on the backend) , one for the storage and the other for the remote client.
I will make a branch with an algorithm less aggressive for the buffer size. You could try it.
br.