Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2013-04-05

@sebj
I am on Version: 0.26.0+fixes20130228-dmo1 as provided by deb-multimedia for Wheezy.

@devs
First of all terrific job on the addon so far! Now for the bugs...

I noticed that when playing back material that has been com flagged that playback always seems to stop about 5s or so before the recording is finished and I never see the last few seconds. For example when playing a show back that has a duration of 1:00:00 it for some reason cuts playback short at 0:59:55 and I am left wondering how the show ended. 5s might not seem like much but it is surprising how annoying it is and how they like to put the punchline right in the last few seconds of many shows.

Also related to com flag, when a commercial is skipped it is like it plays a few frames with audio from the middle of the commercial break as it is skipping. It kind of makes you jump.

Related to recording timers, when a recording is scheduled and you get info on the timers screen, the channel number and callsign listed on the info screen is incorrect. The recording works and does in fact use the right channel, but the timer info screen is incorrect.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - martyg7 - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-05, 04:17)Aubrien Wrote: I noticed that when playing back material that has been com flagged that playback always seems to stop about 5s or so before the recording is finished and I never see the last few seconds. For example when playing a show back that has a duration of 1:00:00 it for some reason cuts playback short at 0:59:55 and I am left wondering how the show ended. 5s might not seem like much but it is surprising how annoying it is and how they like to put the punchline right in the last few seconds of many shows.

I have also noticed playback cutting short. All my shows are commercial flagged.

I am just using the regular Myth front end right now and see the issue there.
I don't think this is related to the cMyth plugin. Perhaps this issue should be reported upstream?

BTW, I am using the same Debian loads as you.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-05, 04:17)Aubrien Wrote: I noticed that when playing back material that has been com flagged that playback always seems to stop about 5s or so before the recording is finished and I never see the last few seconds. For example when playing a show back that has a duration of 1:00:00 it for some reason cuts playback short at 0:59:55 and I am left wondering how the show ended. 5s might not seem like much but it is surprising how annoying it is and how they like to put the punchline right in the last few seconds of many shows.

Sounds like: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2491 (not tested though)

(2013-04-05, 04:17)Aubrien Wrote: Also related to com flag, when a commercial is skipped it is like it plays a few frames with audio from the middle of the commercial break as it is skipping. It kind of makes you jump.

Thats unlikely in the addon code. We only pass the start/end timestamps of the commercial breaks to xbmc's player.
Maybe the video files have a problem or mythcommflag is creating incorrect marks.

(2013-04-05, 04:17)Aubrien Wrote: Related to recording timers, when a recording is scheduled and you get info on the timers screen, the channel number and callsign listed on the info screen is incorrect. The recording works and does in fact use the right channel, but the timer info screen is incorrect.

Can you post a screenshot and a log? Don't know what exactly you mean by 'incorrect'? Does that happen for all channels. I could imagine that our logic that combines channels with the same name and sign on different video sources is buggy.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - sfrooster - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-05, 04:17)Aubrien Wrote: I noticed that when playing back material that has been com flagged...

Does this mean com flagging is working, maybe even for HDHR uses?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2013-04-06

@sfrooster
I don't use a HDHR but a Hauppauge HDPVR. Com flagging does indeed work for me though. I have the backend set up to immediately start com flag jobs when recording starts so after recording an hour long show I can watch it commercial free within a few seconds of completion. I noticed that on my openelec 3.0 rpi setup com flagged contend doesn't skip commercials as it is an older snapshot of xbmc and the addon but on my Ubuntu setup w/ nightly xbmc and addon builds it does work.

@cfetzer
Thanks for taking a look at the issues I noticed. It may be that the above untested commit will fix the issue I have with missing the end of playback on recorded shows. The shows are actually recording the full duration, but playback skips the last few seconds for some reason even though they are not commercials. I'll wait and see or maybe I can manually apply the commit to my codebase and give it a shot tomorrow.

As for the few frames of commercials showing up when skipping should occur, I rewinded after seeing it happen it it looks like what I am seeing is the last 2s of each commercial break before my show returns. Perhaps the com flagger is messing up but if so then it is doing so very consistently. Is there a way to see the timestamps that the com flagger is creating so I can manually check this?

As for the last item related to the 'incorrect' channel number and call sign showing up when I get info on a timer, sorry for being so vague. What happens is I get info on a timer and the channel number and channel name listed is for a channel that is unrelated to the recording. The recording does indeed work as it records the correct channel though and not the wrong channel that the timer info screen shows.

So I go to EPG and set a timer on channel 107 which is Commedy Central HD. I then go to the timers section and I get info on the timer and it says the channel is 239 WGN America HD. The recording then goes ahead and records Commedy Central HD as it is supposed to, it is just the info on the timer screen is not the correct channel. Channel 239 is in fact WGN America HD, it just has nothing to do with channel 107 Commedy Central HD which is what actually gets recorded.

I do have two lineups on schedules direct mapped as two input sources in mythtv so perhaps this has something to do with the issue. I get the error if I set the live tv settings to use the channel order from the backend and I also get it if I don't select to use the channel order form the backend. I can post a log tomorrow if you still want me to but it will be a little later in the evening before I have a chance to.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - sfrooster - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-06, 07:40)Aubrien Wrote: @sfrooster
I don't use a HDHR but a Hauppauge HDPVR. Com flagging does indeed work for me though. I have the backend set up to immediately start com flag jobs when recording starts so after recording an hour long show I can watch it commercial free within a few seconds of completion. I noticed that on my openelec 3.0 rpi setup com flagged contend doesn't skip commercials as it is an older snapshot of xbmc and the addon but on my Ubuntu setup w/ nightly xbmc and addon builds it does work.

Which version of Xbmc - Frodo or Gotham? I'm becoming convinced I'll have to wait until Gotham makes it's way to Xbmcbuntu.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2013-04-06

Gotham nightly. Just compile it yourself on Ubuntu and you pretty much have xbmcbuntu

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2013-04-08

@cfetzer
I'm trying to dig something out of the log for you related to the timer info screen but I don't see anything of interest. I see where the timer gets loaded from the backend...
Code:
DEBUG: CPVRTimers - Update - updating timers
DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetTimers
DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetTimers ## - State: -1 - ##
DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetTimers - Done
DEBUG: PVRTimers - UpdateEntries - added timer 196608 on client 1
DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetTimersAmount
DEBUG: CPVRTimers - Update - updating timers
DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetTimers
DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetTimers ## - State: -1 - ##
DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetTimers - Done
DEBUG: PVRTimers - UpdateEntries - updated timer 196608 on client 1

But the log doesn't actually say what it thinks is in the timer. If I open mythfrontend and check the upcomming recordings screen I see the recording with the correct channel name. In XBMC on the timers screen I see the correct channel name. When I get info on the recording the line

Code:
DEBUG: Load DialogPVRTimerSettings.xml

shows up in the log, and the window that opens shows the channel name and number from an unrelated channel. The scheduled recording works however and records the correct channel. Hopefully my detailed description of how to reproduce the issue using multiple lineups from a few posts ago will be enough for you to reproduce the issue yourself so you can see what I mean.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - flitter2009 - 2013-04-09

Hi,

I've put the latest version of the plug in (compiled from source) onto my system. Just one question, how often should I be updating this? Normally I'd wait for the repo updates...

Great work on this by the way, the commercial skip takes a bit of getting used but it's much faster...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - sebj - 2013-04-10

Sorry if I'm cutting you guys off a sec.

Just want to confirm some things related to hdpvr post frodo 12.

HDPVR videos are not playing from mythtv 0.25.

I checked everything I can think of on my end. The recordings are being written to disk, they just seem to time out in xbmc.

12.2 pre still has this... worked in 12. Created an issue on github but was closed down, sorry about that.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - deschmit - 2013-04-11

I upgraded to ubuntu 13.04 and now I can not enable cmyth. I see this in the debug log. Any ideas?

19:28:01 T:139881825158912 DEBUG: RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 DEBUG: PVR - Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr)
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 DEBUG: Loading: /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 WARNING: Unable to resolve: XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr ADDON_Announce, reason: /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr: undefined symbol: ADDON_Announce
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDll(/usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr)
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 DEBUG: Unloading: XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, status = 6
19:28:01 T:139881825158912 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, disabling it

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2013-04-11

This jumps out at me...
Code:
ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr

If I was you I would rerun bootstrap, rerun configure w/ the appropriate flags for you, make clean, and recompile the addon. Maybe it is still expecting something to be there from your previous Ubuntu version and it has to latch on the the right stuff in your new OS.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-04-11

@Aubrien: I tried to quickly look into your timer issue. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it here (with one video source).
I need to setup a second one to do further testing. I'll put that to my todo list.

(2013-04-09, 00:25)flitter2009 Wrote: I've put the latest version of the plug in (compiled from source) onto my system. Just one question, how often should I be updating this? Normally I'd wait for the repo updates...

Well you can follow the repo if you like or this thread this https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/commits/master
We'll usually announce if there's anything new.

If you don't see any major issues, it's of course fine to stick with the version you have.

(2013-04-10, 03:32)sebj Wrote: HDPVR videos are not playing from mythtv 0.25.

I checked everything I can think of on my end. The recordings are being written to disk, they just seem to time out in xbmc.

12.2 pre still has this... worked in 12. Created an issue on github but was closed down, sorry about that.

Can you try to access the video files on the mythbackend via upnp?
The addon itself is not responsible for video playback. We're only passing the stream to xbmc's player.

Since we haven't done any changes in that area, I think the problem must be somewhere else.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2013-04-11

Thanks cfetzer. It's a minor cosmetic issue as I mentioned that it does indeed still record properly, I just wanted to point it out is all. Thanks for your time.

As for the shows stopping playback a few seconds before they are supposed to end, I did indeed pull the latest xbmc with the commit that we thought may solve the issue and it does indeed seem to be working now. Playback continues until the end of the video as expected. The only strange thing is that the info screen still stops at 00:59:55 instead of 1:00:00. This may also be in the main XBMC code too though. Perhaps another commit is in the works.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-04-11

(2013-03-23, 14:46)cfetzer Wrote: We'd like to tag another addon release soon. If you're using the development version of the addon,
you're welcome to upgrade and rebuild the addon from github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons
Please use branch "frodo" if you run XBMC Frodo OR branch "master" together with with XBMC pre-gotham nightlies.

Changelog:
- Fixed crash when setting up Live TV (in rare cases)
- Fixed issue with not appearing new recordings (for Daylight Saving Time)
- Some changes under the hood (improve data buffers and mutexes). This does probably not have noticeable impacts, but cleans up some code parts, and might even improve some buffering issues and performance under certain conditions.

For sure, not all issues are fixed with this. But we're especially interested if things are worse than they were with the current release 1.6.9.

Cheers,
Christian

Since I did not get any complaints so far: this is your last chance. ;-)

Otherwise I have to assume that it either works perfectly fine, or that nobody is using the dev version.