Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Jimmer - 2012-06-16

@tsp,

have successfully compiled on Linux Mint 12 (so basically Ubuntu Oneiric...). Only thing is you have to:

make -C lib/libshairport
sudo make -C lib/libshairport install

to update to the newer shairport (if you haven't already upgraded it in the last few weeks), or your compile will crap out at the network phase....

Also, Congrats!

Jimmer

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fstern - 2012-06-17

Hi all,

I did a new build from git/master today.

All PVR stuff is horribly slow, changing folders takes ages. (ok, around 5-10 minutes)

PVR startup took about 10 Minutes (with ~1000 recordings, I have to clean up)

Any tips to make it faster? I see a massive increase in network traffic.

(xbmc runs on a ION zbox, mythbackend on a quad-core AMD)

Thanks a lot,

Falk

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - InoD - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-12, 21:53)kburkart Wrote: If by external mysql, you mean on a server that hosts both the db and NFS/Samba for fanart, then that is what I am currently doing.

I figured by going the OpenELEC route I can optimize it for the ION boxes. Is that what you run your thumbdrives on? Saw your build in the previous post. I will try that one if it is up to date.

Yes and yes.

(2012-06-15, 15:09)kburkart Wrote: Running OpenElec through PXE and it is much more responsive, thx InoD. The next question is how do you set up so each remote openelec client gets its own configuration, instead of sharing the same one? The audio setup on each client is slightly different, IE 2 r through HDMI, 1 analog, one optical. I get sound on all of them, but have to adjust audio every time it boots.

I think you need to make sure that /storage for each client is pointing to a different source.
(2012-06-15, 23:07)tsp42 Wrote: Sorry for the lack of updates.It has been a bit busy due to family_member_count++;

Congratulations!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - bilbonvidia - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-15, 23:07)tsp42 Wrote: Sorry for the lack of updates.It has been a bit busy due to family_member_count++; but I've updated the master branch with cfetzer PR so it is now possible to set the watched state for recordings. I've also re-enabled the fast channel switching. The code compiles on windows but I'vent tested it with GCC yet. Next step is to backport the changes to eden-pvr.

If I read correct, congrats!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - PhoenixMage - 2012-06-18

Hi all, I am trying to compile openelec master with tsp's eden-pvr branch however I get an error 'configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling'

I am attempting to compile for Fusion if that is impacting.

My config.log is here if it helps.
http://pastebin.com/9hu38Bfy

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-06-18

InoD,

are you going to be building OpenElec with Tsp's new fast switching? Is it possible to add UVC video drivers to that? I don't know anything about building OpenElec, but know that would be nice to have with the Opera add on so that google hangout could be used on a client machine.

Thanks,
Kevin

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - schlameel - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-16, 14:29)Jimmer Wrote: @tsp,

have successfully compiled on Linux Mint 12 (so basically Ubuntu Oneiric...). Only thing is you have to:

make -C lib/libshairport
sudo make -C install lib/libshairport

to update to the newer shairport (if you haven't already upgraded it in the last few weeks), or your compile will crap out at the network phase....

Also, Congrats!

Jimmer

With Jimmer's help, I got this working on Precise as well. I wouldn't recommend Precise yet but Maverick EOL'ed and I needed large disk support which Ubuntu 11 wouldn't do.

Jimmer had a typo in the make install command and I've included the full build sequence I used:

Code:
./bootstrap
./configure

# Jimmer's commands
make -C lib/libshairport
sudo make -C lib/libshairport install

# I reran configure in case it needed to find the new libshairport
./configure
make
sudo make install

Many thanks to Tonny and of course congratulations to the Petersens.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Jimmer - 2012-06-18

Thanks! Typed that out on my phone at work, so I'll excuse myself just this once! I'll re-edit my original post in case anyone stumbles across it without reading your correction...

Jimmer

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - InoD - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-18, 18:36)kburkart Wrote: are you going to be building OpenElec with Tsp's new fast switching? Is it possible to add UVC video drivers to that? I don't know anything about building OpenElec, but know that would be nice to have with the Opera add on so that google hangout could be used on a client machine.

Once tsp42 has backported his changes to the Eden-pvr branch, I will include it in my build. If you mean USB video class driver, then guess they are already available, since they are build into the kernel since 2.6. Maybe they are not part of the kernel configuration though. I do not know if and how this will interact with the Opera add-on though.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-18, 20:46)InoD Wrote:
(2012-06-18, 18:36)kburkart Wrote: are you going to be building OpenElec with Tsp's new fast switching? Is it possible to add UVC video drivers to that? I don't know anything about building OpenElec, but know that would be nice to have with the Opera add on so that google hangout could be used on a client machine.

Once tsp42 has backported his changes to the Eden-pvr branch, I will include it in my build. If you mean USB video class driver, then guess they are already available, since they are build into the kernel since 2.6. Maybe they are not part of the kernel configuration though. I do not know if and how this will interact with the Opera add-on though.

Yes I was talking about USB Video Camera. I am curious if this wil work. I haven't tried it yet because I am still trying to get the Opera add on working, once I get that working I will pulg in my USB webcam that I know works with google hangouts in ubuntu and see if I can get things working. I'll update this when that time comes.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - zarboz - 2012-06-18

Unable to compile ubuntu 11.10 get error on PVR plugin compile..

once i finish recompiling i will post output

just wondering if someone can supply me with the /addons/pvr.myth.cmyth folder

Code:
akefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/felony/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr'
/home/felony/xbmc/Makefile.include:127: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/felony/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr'
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/client.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythChannel.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythConnection.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythDatabase.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythEventHandler.o
cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp: In constructor ‘MythEventHandler::ImpMythEventHandler::ImpMythEventHandler(CStdString, short unsigned int)’:
cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp:55:16: warning: ‘MythEventHandler::ImpMythEventHandler::m_conn_t’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp:62:64: warning:   base ‘PLATFORM::CThread’ [-Wreorder]
cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp:61:1: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp:50:14: warning: ‘MythEventHandler::ImpMythEventHandler::m_signal’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp:62:64: warning:   base ‘PLATFORM::CMutex’ [-Wreorder]
cppmyth/MythEventHandler.cpp:61:1: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythFile.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythRecorder.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythSignal.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythTimer.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythTimestamp.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythSGFile.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/fileOps.o
fileOps.h: In constructor ‘fileOps2::fileOps2(MythConnection&)’:
fileOps.h:56:18: warning: ‘fileOps2::m_con’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
fileOps.h:55:27: warning:   ‘boost::filesystem3::path fileOps2::m_localBasePath’ [-Wreorder]
fileOps.cpp:16:1: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
fileOps.h:57:40: warning: ‘fileOps2::m_sg_strings’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
fileOps.cpp:17:128: warning:   base ‘PLATFORM::CThread’ [-Wreorder]
fileOps.cpp:16:1: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
fileOps.cpp: In member function ‘void fileOps2::cleanCache()’:
fileOps.cpp:179:107: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
fileOps.cpp:178:24: warning: unused variable ‘mlm’ [-Wunused-variable]
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/pvrclient-mythtv.o
pvrclient-mythtv.h: In constructor ‘PVRClientMythTV::PVRClientMythTV()’:
pvrclient-mythtv.h:109:12: warning: ‘PVRClientMythTV::m_categoryMap’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
pvrclient-mythtv.h:90:13: warning:   ‘fileOps2* PVRClientMythTV::m_fOps2_client’ [-Wreorder]
pvrclient-mythtv.cpp:95:1: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
pvrclient-mythtv.cpp: In member function ‘PVR_ERROR PVRClientMythTV::GetEPGForChannel(PVR_HANDLE, const PVR_CHANNEL&, time_t, time_t)’:
pvrclient-mythtv.cpp:433:28: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
pvrclient-mythtv.cpp: In member function ‘PVR_ERROR PVRClientMythTV::GetRecordings(PVR_HANDLE)’:
pvrclient-mythtv.cpp:594:14: warning: unused variable ‘startTime’ [-Wunused-variable]
pvrclient-mythtv.cpp: In member function ‘PVR_ERROR PVRClientMythTV::CallMenuHook(const PVR_MENUHOOK&)’:
pvrclient-mythtv.cpp:1305:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/recordingRules.o
recordingRules.cpp: In member function ‘AddonListItemPtr RecordingRulesWindow::AddRecordingRule(MythTimer&)’:
recordingRules.cpp:196:9: warning: enumeration value ‘NotRecording’ not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
recordingRules.cpp:261:9: warning: enumeration value ‘ManualSearch’ not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -O2  -shared -g client.o cppmyth/MythChannel.o cppmyth/MythConnection.o cppmyth/MythDatabase.o cppmyth/MythEventHandler.o cppmyth/MythFile.o cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.o cppmyth/MythRecorder.o cppmyth/MythSignal.o cppmyth/MythTimer.o cppmyth/MythTimestamp.o cppmyth/MythSGFile.o fileOps.o pvrclient-mythtv.o recordingRules.o     -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_regex -ldl   -o /home/felony/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_regex
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/home/felony/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/felony/xbmc/xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth'
make: *** [pvrclients] Error 2

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2012-06-18

(2011-09-22, 00:11)tsp42 Wrote: Boost version 1.44 or later is needed. On Ubuntu make sure to install libboost-regex-dev and libboost-filesystem-dev in addition to libboost-dev

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - zarboz - 2012-06-18

Thanks for the prompt response

all those packages are installed and up to date

still failed to link on compile though

Code:
problems, you have held broken packages.
felony@felony:~/xbmc$ sudo apt-get install libboost-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
libboost-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

xbmc$ sudo apt-get install libboost-regex-dev
Building dependency tree      
libboost-regex-dev is already the newest version.
libboost-regex-dev set to manually installed.
felony@felony:~/xbmc$ sudo apt-get install libboost-filesystem-dev
Building dependency tree      
libboost-filesystem-dev is already the newest version.
libboost-filesystem-dev set to manually installed.

appears i had to link the .so's in my /usr/lib/ folder

idk what the deal was

once agian thanks for the prompt response i know its crazy supporting stuff people dont pay for

do you have a donate link i would like to donate to this

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - zarboz - 2012-06-19

Also confused on the configuration of the plugin

is it looking for the mythxml port or the mysql port?

will tinker with it but just curious for my own records

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - zarboz - 2012-06-19

Ok got it compiled and working in ubuntu and my fedora box

working on mac compile now...
stupid libogg.dylib error Sad

just for others to reproduce because i now have successful compile

Installed xcode 3.1.2
Installed xcode 3.2.6
Installed bjam from boostlib website and placed in /usr/bin/

followed XBMC compile instructions included in repo