Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-06-20

zarboz,

So how is the channel changing with this new build?

tsp, when will the fast channel changing be folded back into Eden-pvr so that InoD can rebuild openelec Smile

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - zarboz - 2012-06-21

Chanel changing is great on my linux box.. Time shift does not work with my compile pause and play do record does as well as EPG ..

Cant get the proper boostlibs for mac to compile :*(

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2012-06-21

I'm still working on improving the timeshift code.

zarboz: Have you checked http://www.macports.org/ for boost? I don't have a Mac so the addon code may refuse to compile when you get to that part. You are welcome to use the donate button on my avisynth filter page.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2012-06-22

Eden-pvr branch and master branch updated.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - speed32219 - 2012-06-22

Anyone having problems with the newest version stopping in middle of TV shows? The older version stops, but not as frequent and usually on a commercial or end of a show. It is almost there but is anyone looking into the stopping issue? Maybe I'm the only one with this problem. I will turn on logging and submit a pastebin later this weekend.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - bas.t - 2012-06-22

(2011-09-22, 00:11)tsp42 Wrote: Boost version 1.44 or later is needed. On Ubuntu make sure to install libboost-regex-dev and libboost-filesystem-dev in addition to libboost-dev

This is not true anymore. I am compiling on Debian Squeeze, with libboost 1.42
I think commit 91bfc4eaed took care of this.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2012-06-22

(2012-06-22, 06:37)speed32219 Wrote: Anyone having problems with the newest version stopping in middle of TV shows? The older version stops, but not as frequent and usually on a commercial or end of a show. It is almost there but is anyone looking into the stopping issue? Maybe I'm the only one with this problem. I will turn on logging and submit a pastebin later this weekend.
Yes it is a bug in xbmc. I posted a bugreport here. Use Eden-pvr until it is fixed.

(2012-06-22, 09:50)bas.t Wrote:
(2011-09-22, 00:11)tsp42 Wrote: Boost version 1.44 or later is needed. On Ubuntu make sure to install libboost-regex-dev and libboost-filesystem-dev in addition to libboost-dev

This is not true anymore. I am compiling on Debian Squeeze, with libboost 1.42
I think commit 91bfc4eaed took care of this.
Thanks I've updated the first post.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-06-22

InoD,

Any idea when we can expect a new openelec build since tsp has moved the code to the Eden-PVR branch? By the way I have been running your openelec build on 4 clients and it has been running flawlessly. The wife is extremely happy which means I am extremely happy. I can finally give the cable company their 5 cable boxes back and save my 30 bucks a month.

Thanks,
Kevin

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - zarboz - 2012-06-22

(2012-06-21, 15:07)tsp42 Wrote: I'm still working on improving the timeshift code.

zarboz: Have you checked http://www.macports.org/ for boost? I don't have a Mac so the addon code may refuse to compile when you get to that part. You are welcome to use the donate button on my avisynth filter page.

mac xbmc compiles with boost 1.4.6 tried the newer versions off macports and from brew.. also tried some fink boostlibs

still cant get it to pickup the compile i will post you an output later this afternoon (went to install new GPU in my hackintosh and borked everything)

Beers on me tonight man

PPS seems my mythtv addon broke with your new push will post logs in a moment
http://pastebin.com/n6gwZtm0

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - bas.t - 2012-06-22

deleted, not relevant anymore.

RE: - Mad Medik - 2012-06-23

Hi all,

First post to the forum. First, thanks to the OP, to the folks who have put together the code, and to those who help those of us who are stumbling. I have had XBMC Eden running on Ubuntu 12.04 in parallel with Sickbeard, Couch Potato and SABNZB. I have just picked up a TV tuner and have been attempting to get this working for the last couple days until realizing that I would likely have more success by going back to Ubuntu 11.10. I have done this, with a clean install and am working on installing this version of XBMC (TSP's Eden-pvr). I have run into the same problem that another user had and can's figure out how to get past it - I am stuck at the ./bootstrap step. I am getting the "./bootstrap: 5: autoreconf: not found" error. Here is what I have done so far:

Clean install of Ubuntu 11.10 (64 bit) - All software updates applied

I applied the dependencies by cutting and pasting the list in Post 11 to terminal. I get the following exceptions:
Code:
Note, selecting 'libsdl1.2-dev' instead of 'libsdl-dev'
    Note, selecting 'libglew1.6-dev' instead of 'libglew-dev'
    Note, selecting 'libfontconfig1-dev' instead of 'libfontconfig-dev'
    Note, selecting 'libpng12-dev' instead of 'libpng-dev'
    Note, selecting 'libjpeg62-dev' instead of 'libjpeg-dev'
    Note, selecting 'libsamplerate0-dev' instead of 'libsamplerate-dev'
    Package libasound-dev is a virtual package provided by:
      liboss4-salsa-dev 4.2-build2004-1ubuntu2
      libasound2-dev 1.0.24.1-0ubuntu10
    You should explicitly select one to install.

I did a sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev.

I applied the Boost files by doing a sudo apt-get install for each of the three items in Post #1:
Boost version 1.42 or later is needed. On Ubuntu make sure to install libboost-regex-dev and libboost-filesystem-dev in addition to libboost-dev

I grabbed the git with the following:
sudo apt-get install git-core
git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git

... and changed into the created xbmc directory:
cd xbmc

All good so far. Here is where I'm stuck. I tried the ./bootstrap command and get the same result as Craig did in his post (around #10)
./bootstrap: 5: autoreconf: not found

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
./bootstrap - above error
sudo ./bootstrap - same error
sudo chown -R pete.pete ~/xbmc and retry without sudo - same error
Reboot system and retry with and without sudo - same error
Redo dependancies - I still get the same result as before with the libsound exception...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2012-06-23

New branch series_recording based on Eden-pvr. Includes the series recording PR

Mad Medik: Did you try sudo apt-get install autoconf ?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Mad Medik - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-23, 01:02)tsp42 Wrote: Mad Medik: Did you try sudo apt-get install autoconf ?

Okay, I'm still new to Linux and the use of GIT. It looks like the standard operating procedure is to look in the docs folder to find the readme files. I have installed the dependencies from the readme.ubuntu file (different from post #7), and now folliwng the instructions in the readme.linux file. Okay, more reading for me to do. If I hit another wall and exhaust resources here and online, I will humble myself for another question...

Thanks for the reply and for all your work TSP,

MM

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - InoD - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-22, 16:49)kburkart Wrote: Any idea when we can expect a new openelec build since tsp has moved the code to the Eden-PVR branch? By the way I have been running your openelec build on 4 clients and it has been running flawlessly. The wife is extremely happy which means I am extremely happy. I can finally give the cable company their 5 cable boxes back and save my 30 bucks a month.

Yep, now. Wink
ION x86_64 (OEb4 with tsp42's Eden-pvr)
Ultra x86_64 (OEb4 with tsp42's Eden-pvr)

tsp42: I think I've completed my reconnect after standby/disconnect changes. My last commit in the pull request also addresses the event handler. The event handler will be asked to reconnect when a control connection is being reconnected. Like for Kevin, my gf is happy because she no longer needs to reboot, so it must be working. Wink

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-06-23

InoD,

I am trying to run your ION x86_64 (OEb4 with tsp42's Eden-pvr) build, but keep getting an abnormal exit , code 127. when I boot up. It gets through most of the initialization and I get the splash screen.

I am running openelec as NFS PXE boot.

My installation was untar, move target files to my /nfs/tftpboot directory and restart everything. Am I missing a step or a file?

I do notice that the SYSTEM file is less bytes than the previous one, the KERNEL file is identical.

Thx,
Kevin