Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - PhoenixMage - 2012-07-28

I currently have a working ION build.

Linux eos 3.2.22 #1 SMP Sun Jul 15 21:49:26 GMT 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I dont have anywhere to upload to though.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - InoD - 2012-07-29

(2012-07-27, 21:25)kburkart Wrote:
(2012-07-27, 20:33)InoD Wrote:
(2012-07-27, 16:18)kburkart Wrote: InoD,

Have you created an OE build since 6-24? If so can you post it please. 64 bit ion.

Thanks,
Kevin
If I have some time I'll build and test based on OE2b5 this weekend.

Thanks!

Here you go:
OpenELEC 2b5 PVR ION x86_64
OpenELEC 2b5 PVR Ultra x86_64
Based on my fork, but that shouldn't give problems. The ION build works fine on my HW.

For those who want to build themselves: update build scripts and patch files

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - WindSerf - 2012-07-30

I have mythtv .24 running on an XBMCbuntu backend with 3 HDhomeruns (6 tuners) for OTA only. I have a foxconn RA50 fusion box running OE 1.9.5. I've had poor results to date using either the OE myth pvr addon or mythbox. Instead I just use myth:// . It's wife friendly for watching recording, but live TV has been a loser. It either locks up or I can't change channels. TVheadend is poor too.

If my setup could be helpful in your development efforts, I'd be happy to test patches, etc. I'm debating going to a full distro instead of OpenElec on the Foxconn client. I'd be happy to upgrade to Myth .25 if I can help you by doing it.

Will the latest PVR upgrade help me with Myth?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - 321liftoff - 2012-07-31

Hello! I don't know if my situation is considered timeshifting (I see on the front page that timeshifting is still a work in progress).

I begin watching a recording after it has been recording for 30min or an hour. The end-time of the recording is displayed and remains static (set to the end-time of the recording at the moment I began playing the recording). The displayed end-time doesn't continue to grow as the recording continues along. When I skip forward and catch up to the static end-time displayed, sometime it skips forward and moves the end-time forward a bit, but the time is still static. Sometimes, the skip feature won't let me catch up to "live", and keeps me 30 minutes behind "live".

Is this behavior common? I'm using 0.24.1 backend and watching ATSC mpeg2 recordings using the 24/6/2012 windows build from the first post. Thanks for any pointers!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - dodoadoodoo - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 06:44)321liftoff Wrote: Hello! I don't know if my situation is considered timeshifting (I see on the front page that timeshifting is still a work in progress).

I begin watching a recording after it has been recording for 30min or an hour. The end-time of the recording is displayed and remains static (set to the end-time of the recording at the moment I began playing the recording). The displayed end-time doesn't continue to grow as the recording continues along. When I skip forward and catch up to the static end-time displayed, sometime it skips forward and moves the end-time forward a bit, but the time is still static. Sometimes, the skip feature won't let me catch up to "live", and keeps me 30 minutes behind "live".

Is this behavior common? I'm using 0.24.1 backend and watching ATSC mpeg2 recordings using the 24/6/2012 windows build from the first post. Thanks for any pointers!

Yup, I have the same situation. A workaround is to stop and restart the playback once you hit the static end-time, that way xbmc will pick up the "new" end-time.

The mythtv be sends the new recoding size regularly to the client (ie xbmc) but the current playback quitely ignores those messages. A possibly simpler fix, if you know your way around the xbmc code, could be to make sure that whatever code that currently is used to determine the static end--time gets called once a second or so. I guess this is for Mr tsp to determine.

/D

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - 321liftoff - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 14:52)dodoadoodoo Wrote: Yup, I have the same situation. A workaround is to stop and restart the playback once you hit the static end-time, that way xbmc will pick up the "new" end-time.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one and that it's not an issue with my setup. Currently, I'm facing this issue while watching the Olympics, where the recordings during the day can be up to 11 or 12 hours in length and the primetime recordings are 4hrs. As a workaround, I have been stopping and restarting, but skipping through hours of video to get back to the spot isn't fun... very low WAF!

I guess that brings up another issue: stopping playback while the recording is still going on doesn't save a resume point. Do you have this behavior? I assume this is because the file continues to change. If there was a way to save the resume point after stopping an active recording, the workaround wouldn't be so bad. I am using a mysql database for the library, if that makes a difference.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - dodoadoodoo - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 18:27)321liftoff Wrote: I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one and that it's not an issue with my setup. Currently, I'm facing this issue while watching the Olympics, where the recordings during the day can be up to 11 or 12 hours in length and the primetime recordings are 4hrs. As a workaround, I have been stopping and restarting, but skipping through hours of video to get back to the spot isn't fun... very low WAF!

I usually jump using the numbers on the keyboard, e.g. to jump forward 1:23:45 I press 12345 and return, that helps a lot in that scenario.

/D

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - 321liftoff - 2012-08-01

That's a good suggestion; it even works pressing numbers on the remote and pressing "OK"!

It seems that developers are working hard to get XBMC-PVR where it should be. Hopefully one day it will match the features of Windows Media Center in this regard, which shows the scheduled start/stop times with a dynamic recording progress bar (requires EPG info), and allows resume points for in-progress recordings.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Mad Medik - 2012-08-06

Noob question alert...

I'm trying to figure out the cause of my live tv freezing. I want to make sure I am up to date with any fixes. Is this how:

Open Terminal
cd xbmc
git pull

Assuming that is correct, do I have to bootstrap, configure, make install and make again?

Thanks

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Powderking - 2012-08-07

@ Mad Medik: I had about the same problems. Here are the most important commands.

After you cloned the repos you can change the branches with `git checkout Eden-pvr` to change the Eden branch or `git checkout master`for the newest Frodo source.
To check if it's the newest version just run `git status`.
To update you either run `git pull origin Eden-pvr` or `git pull origin master`.

When you don't change the branch but only update the source (git pull ...) I think it's enough to only run `make`. You can then test the build by running xbmc.bin from the directory where you built it. If evereything is running fine you can run `make install` to install the source.

Sometimes you have to run configure as well but usually make tells you if you have to do so.
Bootstrap has to be run only once.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ersan - 2012-08-07

tsp, would it be possible to update the libCEC support in your branch? I'm missing the option to select the type of device connected and pulse eight told me it's because I need to update xbmc.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fiveisalive - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-07, 23:05)Ersan Wrote: tsp, would it be possible to update the libCEC support in your branch? I'm missing the option to select the type of device connected and pulse eight told me it's because I need to update xbmc.

Yep, that would be great. Things seem to have gone pretty quiet in the PVR land. Last update in opdenkamp's branch was 11 days ago, and last tsp update was 25 days ago. Is this because there's a refactor going on in the PVR before going into actual upstream master xbmc? I had heard a rumour that there was API stabilization going on and hence no new features were planned for a while. I hope this is the case, and not that PVR development was stalling.

Update: looks like I was wrong about opdenkamp, there was update to master today, so development does seem to be moving.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - 321liftoff - 2012-08-18

(2012-04-25, 01:47)321liftoff Wrote: Tried resetting the PVR database, but same behavior.

I'm coming back to this topic, that the plugin doesn't show EPG for me on Win7 6/24 build. I don't think my backend is the problem, as MythTV Player (another mythtv client) connects to the backend and can receive EPG info. Logs below:

MythTVPlayer connecting to backend and receiving EPG :
mythtv.log part 1 and part 2

XBMC connecting to backend and not receiving EPG (includes an XBMC PVR database reset):
xbmc.log

Any thoughts?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - markcs - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-18, 20:57)321liftoff Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 01:47)321liftoff Wrote: Tried resetting the PVR database, but same behavior.

I'm coming back to this topic, that the plugin doesn't show EPG for me on Win7 6/24 build. I don't think my backend is the problem, as MythTV Player (another mythtv client) connects to the backend and can receive EPG info. Logs below:

MythTVPlayer connecting to backend and receiving EPG :

XBMC connecting to backend and not receiving EPG (includes an XBMC PVR database reset):
xbmc.log

Any thoughts?

Maybe not exactly the same problem, but for me I see the EPG but the channels are all mixed up. So if I select what the EPG shows as 'Channel 1', the actual channel that shows is another channel. Its not channel 1.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allen00se - 2012-08-20

Hey all I am running the windows build from the first post and everything seems to be working well with just one exception... my channels only go up to 550 in the channel guide and EPG. I even tried manually punching in a channel over 550 and nothing happens.

On my mythtv backend/frontend machine channels up to 1000 are available and work well. Any ideas why XBMC with the libcmyth plugin stops at 550?