Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - margro - 2012-10-12

The recent PVR API change to 1.5.0 changes the way in which XBMC enables the 'Rewind, Forward and Pause" buttons for LiveTV and recordings.
Before enabling these functions, XBMC will first ask the PVR addon using the functions "CanPauseStream" and "CanSeekStream" whether the PVR addon/backend supports Pausing and Seeking for the current playing stream.
These buttons can be re-enabled at the PVR addon side by implementing these functions.
As far as I know, MythTV supports also LiveTV timeshifting, so it would be enough to return true in these functions.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 12:23)margro Wrote: The recent PVR API change to 1.5.0 changes the way in which XBMC enables the 'Rewind, Forward and Pause" buttons for LiveTV and recordings.
Before enabling these functions, XBMC will first ask the PVR addon using the functions "CanPauseStream" and "CanSeekStream" whether the PVR addon/backend supports Pausing and Seeking for the current playing stream.
These buttons can be re-enabled at the PVR addon side by implementing these functions.
As far as I know, MythTV supports also LiveTV timeshifting, so it would be enough to return true in these functions.
Thanks margro,
We will update asap.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tdavis - 2012-10-12

Ok, I got it compiled finally last night - had two problems to get it done, one was dealing with libtag, the other was the loader was not looking for libmysqlclient in the right place (wierd one on that..)

I am running MythTV 0.25.2 from rpmfusion, and have a hdhomerun dual hooked upto an OTA antenna, and two primes on Comcast cable.

Channel change times is much better than before, if not as good as MythTV clients themselves.
EPG load times at first is a pain - it loads EVERYTHING, even what I've marked as hidden, but only shows the non-hidden EPG portions.

When I check 'use backend channel numbers', the subchannels are not properly displayed, ie, channels 7.1 and 7.2 are BOTH channel 7.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - jskube - 2012-10-12

For those who ran into the issue of not being able to fastforward, rewind, or pause their recordings I tried the suggestion for margro and edited client.cpp and changed CanPauseStream and CanSeekStream to true. Now fastforward, rewind, and pause all worked fine on my recordings. Also fastforward, rewind, and pause works quite well on livetv which was a pleasant surprise, there are some bugs but that is to be expected.

If you make this change and you have issues please don't bother the developers, this is just something I wanted to try and share my results with the rest of you.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pyrodex - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-10, 19:14)robweber Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 18:56)pyrodex Wrote: Could someone compile a version for Windows 7 (64 bit)? I'd love to test this out on my box.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

What I meant was the PVR portion... I'd like to get a the PVR addon itself not XBMC since the nightlies will do.

@all
Since merge, we have spawn tv and channel switch time less efficient than before. Typical time should be 6s max. We know why and we have working on it. The reason is congestion of mythtv connection because at the same time we collect lot of informations about recorded programs. This problem will being resolved with the next PR. Also before, i would like to add update from margro about timeshift.
Br

@all
Hi, i just request to pull to resolve timeshift and time to spawn and switch channel. All is OK now.
br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-10-12

janbar does this mean we need to repull cfetzers addon repo?

Also what is the best xbmc base to use for this? git URL for that?

(2012-10-12, 22:03)kburkart Wrote: janbar does this mean we need to repull cfetzers addon repo?

Not yet. I requested pull from cfetzer. But he is overload today. You can pull from my repo if you are eager to test.

About xbmc url, you can pull from git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git or download nightly build. My repo is git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Keep your copy of cfetzer's repo. Clone an other for today like that: git clone git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git xbmc-pvr-addons.janbar
And use this one for the moment. Tomorrow he will coming back then you will reuse your clone from cfetzer.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 22:21)janbar Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 22:03)kburkart Wrote: janbar does this mean we need to repull cfetzers addon repo?

Not yet. I requested pull from cfetzer. But he is overload today. You can pull from my repo if you are eager to test.

About xbmc url, you can pull from git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git or download nightly build. My repo is git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Keep your copy of cfetzer's repo. Clone an other for today like that: git clone git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git xbmc-pvr-addons.janbar
And use this one for the moment. Tomorrow he will coming back then you will reuse your clone from cfetzer.

I can wait till cfetzer's is updated.

Thx

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pgjensen - 2012-10-13

Is the issue known where if you have 2 channels on the same main digital channel (i.e. 7.1 and 7.2) if I choose 7.1 while another channel is playing, it will default to 7.2. It also shows them out of order. 7.2 shows before 7.1 vertically in the list.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2012-10-13

Janbar,
I been unable to post until now much about the performance of the buffer feature and others on an analog tuner. It is tuning most of the time and survives some program breaks but not all. It is having really long tuning times that will sometimes take so long that it times out entirely. I expect 10s counting the ch change script but can get anywhere from 10s to 80s (timeout and drop to menu). I think its related to the buffer code as any time that it should be buffering it seems to be doing it, but it is really slow. I have a log with addon debugging turned on but as was last time, it it too large for pastebin. I sent it to you via email in the forum. Thanks

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - GregoryK - 2012-10-13

Hello:

I was able to build the add-on on OS X Mountain Lion, and install the add-on into a fresh install of the September snapshot of Frodo. But I get a repeatable crash if I configure the add-on (e.g. add my backend IP and myth db login) and then "enable".

Restarting XBMC after the crash will cause an immediate crash again, until the add-on info is entirely removed from both /addons and /userdata

Here's the CrashReporter log in case it helps: http://pastebin.com/6Vrwtjpg

/gkk

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-13, 04:17)GregoryK Wrote: Hello:

I was able to build the add-on on OS X Mountain Lion, and install the add-on into a fresh install of the September snapshot of Frodo. But I get a repeatable crash if I configure the add-on (e.g. add my backend IP and myth db login) and then "enable".

Restarting XBMC after the crash will cause an immediate crash again, until the add-on info is entirely removed from both /addons and /userdata

Here's the CrashReporter log in case it helps: http://pastebin.com/6Vrwtjpg

/gkk

Hi, get the last XBMC nightly build (12 october 2012) and get the last version of addon from git. It will be better. Br
(2012-10-13, 03:56)Aubrien Wrote: Janbar,
I been unable to post until now much about the performance of the buffer feature and others on an analog tuner. It is tuning most of the time and survives some program breaks but not all. It is having really long tuning times that will sometimes take so long that it times out entirely. I expect 10s counting the ch change script but can get anywhere from 10s to 80s (timeout and drop to menu). I think its related to the buffer code as any time that it should be buffering it seems to be doing it, but it is really slow. I have a log with addon debugging turned on but as was last time, it it too large for pastebin. I sent it to you via email in the forum. Thanks

Thanks aubrien. I will read it asap.
(2012-10-13, 02:03)pgjensen Wrote: Is the issue known where if you have 2 channels on the same main digital channel (i.e. 7.1 and 7.2) if I choose 7.1 while another channel is playing, it will default to 7.2. It also shows them out of order. 7.2 shows before 7.1 vertically in the list.

It is bizarre. Please look in the setup of xbmc / livetv. There is a set of parameters to order channels and more.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pgjensen - 2012-10-13

Quote:It is bizarre. Please look in the setup of xbmc / livetv. There is a set of parameters to order channels and more.

I changed it to not use backend channels and that worked.