Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-21

(2012-10-20, 17:42)deadite66 Wrote: 0.26 addon working for me janbar except for setting a timer (not a problem for me as i always use mythweb)

EDIT: shortly after posting it started recording and set a timer, so it works but was delayed for some reason.
Thanks for feedback. About timer it is a new feature of MythTV 0.26: now the reschedule recording is asynchronous. So the timer is validated few second later. We can avoid that by display timer even if it is not yet validated by the scheduler (mythfront do that!). I will discuss with cfetzer next days.
Thanks. Br
(2012-10-21, 01:11)Jehannum Wrote: today's janbar pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux zip installer fails on account of "Add-on does not have the correct structure".

However, after installing 0.4.0 pvr.mythtv.cmyth addon, and then copying the janbar over the existing plugin, I now have 0.26 mythtv support. (?!)

Ok, i have updated addon structure with cfetzer. Now it would be good. But if you have an old revision of addon then prefer to unzip content into the directory because we don't manage yet the version number and XBMC refuse to reinstall same version (0.4.0). Thanks for feedback.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-10-22

Has mythtv 0.26 support been added to the cfetzer branch yet?

Thanks for all your work guys! Smile

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - ross232 - 2012-10-23

This might have been answered before- how does one create a scheduled recording that occurs multiple times? i.e. the equivalent of recording a show based on name many times.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-23, 02:25)ross232 Wrote: This might have been answered before- how does one create a scheduled recording that occurs multiple times? i.e. the equivalent of recording a show based on name many times.

My advice is to use mythweb. Its built just for that.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pyrodex - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-23, 15:55)kburkart Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 02:25)ross232 Wrote: This might have been answered before- how does one create a scheduled recording that occurs multiple times? i.e. the equivalent of recording a show based on name many times.

My advice is to use mythweb. Its built just for that.

I am hoping through development of this great module morphs into almost all of the features of the normal mythfrontend minus the modules of course.

Quick question:

When in the EPG could it be possible to hit the play or OK button to actually switch to the channel live?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-22, 16:47)Ayla Wrote: Has mythtv 0.26 support been added to the cfetzer branch yet?

Thanks for all your work guys! Smile

Yes it's in now!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-24

@all windows users
Sorry to you. My code is POSIX compliant and sometimes it could not build on Windows. Cfetzer checks that and try to find solutions to resolve cases. So only Linux, osx or more but not windows can build my news from my repo. I invit windows users to wait cfetzer's improvements and clone addon from official repo only. Br.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-24

Also the new addon , now available in cfetzer, has a new feature to support disconnection from backend. You can stop mythtv to do maintenance or save power or upgrade and then restart it without stopping XBMC. It reconnects automaticaly as a good guy. I invit you to test this feature by disconnect network or stop mythtv service and reconnect few time later. You will seeing, that's' magic.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-10-24

Sounds great janbar and cfetzer - I'll try the new features later today and let you know how it works!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - speed32219 - 2012-10-24

I currently have installed the Eden-pvr branch with libcmyth. I want to try all the great enhancements, primarily the random stopping or at commercials I have been experiencing. I have been trying to install the latest Frodo nightly but have been running into various issues with includes, paths, new missing libs etc.. So my question is, what version of xbmc do I need to run this new development to test. Can I stay with the Eden-Pvr with patches or if Frodo, what version?

Thank you for all the great work and enhancements you have been doing with this Add-on.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-24, 10:21)janbar Wrote: Also the new addon , now available in cfetzer, has a new feature to support disconnection from backend. You can stop mythtv to do maintenance or save power or upgrade and then restart it without stopping XBMC. It reconnects automaticaly as a good guy. I invit you to test this feature by disconnect network or stop mythtv service and reconnect few time later. You will seeing, that's' magic.

janbar,

I'm trying to compile the latest git clone from cfetzer, from today.

It compiles all the addons, except the pvr.mythtv.cmyth.

I have followed your guide step by step from the XBMC Wiki.

When I run "make zip", I see these errors in the Terminal:

Code:
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"xbmc-pvr-addons\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"xbmc-pvr-addons\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1:0:0\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"xbmc-pvr-addons 1:0:0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -DHAVE_MYSQL=1 -I. -I. -I/Users/martin/src/xbmc-pvr-addons/xbmc -I/Users/martin/src/xbmc-pvr-addons/lib -I/Users/martin/src/xbmc-pvr-addons/lib/cmyth/include -g -O2 -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -DTARGET_POSIX -DTARGET_DARWIN -D_LINUX -DUSE_DEMUX -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Wall -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -dynamiclib -single_module -undefined dynamic_lookup -g -O2 -MT client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/client.Tpo -c src/client.cpp  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/client.o
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:3,
                 from src/pvrclient-mythtv.h:21,
                 from src/client.cpp:23:
src/cppmyth/MythChannel.h:24:32: error: boost/shared_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
In file included from src/client.h:26,
                 from src/client.cpp:22:
/Users/martin/src/xbmc-pvr-addons/lib/platform/util/StdString.h: In function 'wchar_t* StdCodeCvt(wchar_t*, int, const char*, int, const std::locale&)':
/Users/martin/src/xbmc-pvr-addons/lib/platform/util/StdString.h:868: warning: missing braces around initializer for 'char [128]'
/Users/martin/src/xbmc-pvr-addons/lib/platform/util/StdString.h: In function 'char* StdCodeCvt(char*, int, const wchar_t*, int, const std::locale&)':
/Users/martin/src/xbmc-pvr-addons/lib/platform/util/StdString.h:911: warning: missing braces around initializer for 'char [128]'
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:3,
src/cppmyth/MythChannel.h: At global scope:
src/cppmyth/MythChannel.h:52: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythChannel.h:52: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythChannel.h:52: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:4,
src/cppmyth/MythConnection.h:92: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythConnection.h:92: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythConnection.h:92: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:5,
src/cppmyth/MythDatabase.h:86: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythDatabase.h:86: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythDatabase.h:86: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:6,
src/cppmyth/MythEventHandler.h:57: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythEventHandler.h:57: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythEventHandler.h:57: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:7,
src/cppmyth/MythFile.h:46: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythFile.h:46: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythFile.h:46: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:8,
src/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.h:68: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.h:68: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.h:68: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:9,
src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.h:63: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.h:63: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.h:63: error: expected ';' before '<' token
src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.h:64: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.h:64: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.h:64: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/cppmyth.h:12,
src/cppmyth/MythTimestamp.h:55: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythTimestamp.h:55: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythTimestamp.h:55: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/fileOps.h:23,
                 from src/pvrclient-mythtv.h:22,
src/cppmyth/MythStorageGroupFile.h:45: error: 'boost' has not been declared
src/cppmyth/MythStorageGroupFile.h:45: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'shared_ptr' with no type
src/cppmyth/MythStorageGroupFile.h:45: error: expected ';' before '<' token
In file included from src/client.cpp:23:
src/pvrclient-mythtv.h:51: error: 'boost' was not declared in this scope
src/pvrclient-mythtv.h:51: error: template argument 1 is invalid
src/pvrclient-mythtv.h:51: error: template argument 2 is invalid
make[2]: *** [client.lo] Error 1

EDIT: OK, now I know why Smile

It's because, on a freshly installed OS X system (10.8.2), I don't have the "/usr/local/include/" folder, so this command didn't work: "sudo ln -s /opt/local/include/boost /usr/local/include/boost".

I just did "mkdir /usr/local/include/" and ran the "ln -s" command again, and it compiled!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - NewJerseyNinja - 2012-10-24

Hello All,

Just confirming that I installed this yesterday and it works very well on a Mythbuntu 12.04 system with a mythtv 0.25 backend.

I am running an HDHR Prime 3 with a Verizon Fios Cable Card.
I am using Schedules Direct for my Fios TV guide.
I am using an HDHR dual connectec to my TV Antenna. ( Eventually I am going to turn off Fios, it costs way too much money.)

[1] How do I get the channel Icons to show up in XBMC?

[2] I also have a raspberrypi running Openelec with the MPEG2 license. It runs openelec's xbmc very well but does anyone here know how I can integrate the work you developers have done here into that project?

[3] Fios has some unusual channels, including Channel 1, identified as LOOR1 Local Origination. When I start up XBMC and it begins its EPG crawl it takes many minutes on this channel and maybe a few seconds on every other channel. I don't know if that is normal behavior or not. Any chance I can find a way to exclude getting EPG for that channel?
--------OK Figured this one out, the settings are in the channel manager.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - jfath - 2012-10-24

Just did a clone and build from fetzerch github under Ubuntu 12.04, The addon works well with the XBMC Frodo 10/20 nightly from the wsnipex repo. This is the first time I've used a PVR addon - always just used the myth protocol as a source in non-PVR builds - so I'm still figuring out exactly how things work.

One question:
It appears that the addon builds a static version of libcmyth for it's own use. I think if I could build a shared version of libcmyth from this source, I could replace the one that XBMC uses and get the 0.26 fixes?
Does XBMC use a share libcmyth? (I think it does)
Can I build a shared version of libcmyth from fetzerch github and replace the one that XBMC nightlies currently use?

Thanks for your great work on this project. I was about to give up on MythTV and use another backend because of the spotty support by MythBox and the myth protocol.

Jerry

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-24, 15:15)speed32219 Wrote: I currently have installed the Eden-pvr branch with libcmyth. I want to try all the great enhancements, primarily the random stopping or at commercials I have been experiencing. I have been trying to install the latest Frodo nightly but have been running into various issues with includes, paths, new missing libs etc.. So my question is, what version of xbmc do I need to run this new development to test. Can I stay with the Eden-Pvr with patches or if Frodo, what version?

No, unfortunately this addon works only with a recent Frodo build. (PVR api 1.5.0 --> newer than October 9).
I'd sugest you build xbmc's current git master. Have a look at the README.ubuntu.
Probably you have an issue with taglib and it's explained here what to do.

(2012-10-24, 18:59)jfath Wrote: One question:
It appears that the addon builds a static version of libcmyth for it's own use. I think if I could build a shared version of libcmyth from this source, I could replace the one that XBMC uses and get the 0.26 fixes?
Does XBMC use a share libcmyth? (I think it does)
Can I build a shared version of libcmyth from fetzerch github and replace the one that XBMC nightlies currently use?

You would just have to modify its Makefile.am.
However it wont work that easily since our libcmyth was modified and changes in XBMC would be needed to adapt API changes.
What's the usecase of having the myth source when you can use the addon?
Almost everything should also work with the addon and it has many advantages.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - jfath - 2012-10-24

Thanks, cfetzer.

>What's the usecase of having the myth source when you can use the addon?
Wife acceptance factor. She's familiar with the other interfaces, but learning new things is good, right?

Really appreciate your work and the quick answer.

Jerry