Kodi Community Forum
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote? (/showthread.php?tid=111310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- voip-ninja - 2011-11-29

My BIOS does not have the option, in fact my BIOS has not been updated by ASRock in quite a long time (June of 2011, they have basically abandoned it), guess that explains why it's not an option for me.

Reminder to self, no more purchasing of ASRock motherboards.

- bluray - 2011-11-29

Balinus Wrote:No problem!

Bluray, maybe try the 1.5 ?
I'll try it later, and the 1.5 is updated last week.

- eskro - 2011-11-29

voip-ninja Wrote:Reminder to self, no more purchasing of ASRock motherboards.

Eek

- bluray - 2011-11-29

voip-ninja Wrote:My BIOS does not have the option, in fact my BIOS has not been updated by ASRock in quite a long time (June of 2011, they have basically abandoned it), guess that explains why it's not an option for me.

Reminder to self, no more purchasing of ASRock motherboards.
Could it be that your MOBO is replaced by a new MOBO in their lineup?

- bluray - 2011-11-29

Balinus Wrote:P49 of A75M-ITX manual :

"USB Keyboard/Remote Power On
Use this item to enable or disable USB Keyboard/Remote to power on the
system."

In ACPI configuration. Will take a picture in a couple of hours.

edit - hehehe didn't saw your answer pyrospawn!
ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75 might the candidate for my next A6-3600 or A8-3800 build then!

- voip-ninja - 2011-11-30

bluray Wrote:Could it be that your MOBO is replaced by a new MOBO in their lineup?

Not that I am aware of.

I just expect better from them. The motherboard has a few other annoyances that should be relatively easy fixes but yet they remain unfixed for months.

I work in an industry that has a medium length lifecycle that still results in support products for five years from the time they go GA (general availability, also known as "out the door").

I don't think it's too much to ask for a motherboard manufacturer to give us at least two years of bios updates, but apparently for ASRock it is.

Next mobo will be an Intel, Gigabyte or ASUS board.

- bluray - 2011-11-30

Unfortunately, the E350M1/USB3 bios 1.5 don't have "USB Keyboard/Remote Power On" option either. I noticed all the FM1 mobo's has the latest update for "1. Update CPU code and 2. Improve USB mouse function" on 11/8/2011 and my E350M1/USB3 don't have this update.

- eskro - 2011-11-30

maybe the motherboard itself, its circutry doesnt allow Power ON from S5 using USB...
so if thats the case, no BIOS updates can fix this...
only thing u can do to Power ON from S5 is to get a SIMEREC Switch
or an ANTEC BASIC/ELITE...

- bluray - 2011-11-30

eskro Wrote:maybe the motherboard itself, its circutry doesnt allow Power ON from S5 using USB...
so if thats the case, no BIOS updates can fix this...
I don't know that this argument can be made between E350M1/USB3 and A75M-ITX mobos. These two boards seems to have the same options in it. The different might just be the layouts and the CPU sockets. To me, it seems that all it need is bios update. AsRock might not include "USB Keyboard/Remote Power On" bios in some mobos just so that they can price it differently. Maybe, they left it out so that they can sell their "Smart Remote" package to me and not Balinus. :confused2:

- eskro - 2011-11-30

i guess we'll never know

- Balinus - 2011-11-30

bluray Wrote:Maybe, they left it out so that they can sell their "Smart Remote" package to me and not Balinus. :confused2:

That's what Asrock told me :p

But I'd be surprised if that affect pricing. Because it is not advertised and I discovered it by browsing and some hours later, accidentally pressing the Power On on my remote!

I'll test later one the Instant Boot feature... if I can boot in 5-10s, it'll be the perfect setting!

- bluray - 2011-11-30

Balinus Wrote:But I'd be surprised if that affect pricing. Because it is not advertised and I discovered it by browsing and some hours later, accidentally pressing the Power On on my remote!
If you din't know before, you are very lucky to select the right mobo.

To everyone- If you are planning to buy AsRock mobo in the future, you can simply look for this "Supports Graphical UEFI, ASRock On/Off Play, Instant Boot, Instat Flash, APP Charger, SmartView" in mobo spec. Any mobo with this option, they included bios to support it, and most FM1 mobos included this option. Unfortunately, their "CPU Bundled Series" (E350M1/USB3) doesn't have this option. :mad:

- eskro - 2011-11-30

i believe all FM1 socketed mobo's have this feature...

- Balinus - 2011-11-30

bluray Wrote:If you din't know before, you are very lucky to select the right mobo.

To everyone- If you are planning to buy AsRock mobo in the future, you can simply look for this "Supports Graphical UEFI, ASRock On/Off Play, Instant Boot, Instat Flash, APP Charger, SmartView" in mobo spec. Any mobo with this option, they included bios to support it, and most FM1 mobos included this option. Unfortunately, their "CPU Bundled Series" (E350M1/USB3) doesn't have this option. :mad:

That's sad! :/

Yes, I was lucky. But this was the only mobo with a decent pricing (Asus and Zotac FM1 ITX board are like 140-150$...vs 95$ for the Asrock)

- eskro - 2011-11-30

95$ for the Asrock = FTW!!!!!!!!!