Kodi Community Forum
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote? (/showthread.php?tid=111310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- Nexxo - 2011-12-01

cyberdiamond Wrote:The cir receiver works well for me with the ASRock Z68M-ITX-HT

It will probably support it from a usb receiver as well because it has the usb charge option which is what keeps the usb port powered on after the system has shutdown.

That is good to hear, what range are you getting with the remote? Also are you using a harmony with it?

bluray Wrote:Since this mobo has "Supports ASRock On/Off Play, Graphical UEFI, ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU)" option, it'll probably work with any MCE IR/Remote with USB above eSata in the rear.

Thanks bluray, do you know if the remote/IR I linked is USB keyboard emulator receiver?

- bluray - 2011-12-01

Nexxo Wrote:Thanks bluray, do you know if the remote/IR I linked is USB keyboard emulator receiver?
It looks very nice, but I never own one and I don't have much info on it. You'll probably like it! Smile

- Nexxo - 2011-12-01

bluray Wrote:It looks very nice, but I never own one and I don't have much info on it. You'll probably like it! Smile

Thanks.

As I just need the IR receiver (Got a harmony remote) I'm leaning towards this actually http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-IR-Wireless-MCE-USB-Infrared-Receiver-VISTA-MCE2005-/320730531033?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aad0784d9

It is cheap and should do exactly what I'm after.

- bluray - 2011-12-01

Nexxo Wrote:Thanks.

As I just need the IR receiver (Got a harmony remote) I'm leaning towards this actually http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-IR-Wireless-MCE-USB-Infrared-Receiver-VISTA-MCE2005-/320730531033?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aad0784d9

It is cheap and should do exactly what I'm after.
It look very similar to my HP IR, and I own this package- HP OEM Windows 7. It has very good ranges and it is very precise.

- eskro - 2011-12-01

im pretty positive that any CIR capable ASROCK motherboards
have this WAKE FROM S5 USING USB....

- Kapz786 - 2011-12-01

eskro Wrote:im pretty positive that any CIR capable ASROCK motherboards

Any idea how to get wake from S5 with an Asrock mobo working from USB device? ( I have the Z68-ITX HT)

I could not get the supplied USB receiver to work because it was dead on arrival - how exactly can i start the pc from cold boot with a USB keyboard?

- Roman_V_M - 2011-12-01

Kapz786 Wrote:Any idea how to get wake from S5 with an Asrock mobo working from USB device? ( I have the Z68-ITX HT)

I could not get the supplied USB receiver to work because it was dead on arrival - how exactly can i start the pc from cold boot with a USB keyboard?

Not sure about that particular MoBo model, but you need an extended USB keyboard with a dedicated "power" key.

- baldmosher - 2011-12-01

I'm not sure that's totally correct, as I stated above, my old (circa 2003?) ASRock Opteron ATX board had "wake from USB keyboard", and I only had to press the space bar to boot the machine.

At least I'm pretty sure it was an ASRock. I'll check my emails now

EDIT:

not it was actually an Asus A8N-SLI. So it's not just ASrock that has this feature!!

- voip-ninja - 2011-12-01

eskro Wrote:im pretty positive that any CIR capable ASROCK motherboards

Wrongo I'm afraid. My H67M-ITX has CIR and does not have this feature at all in the BIOS because ASRock apparently never implemented it.

- eskro - 2011-12-01

that sucks :/

- lrusak - 2011-12-01

I'm using the Flirc receiver and a Harmony remote (although any remote works) and can successfully put my machine to sleep and wake it up.

I'm using Openelec as a dedicated platform.

- bluray - 2011-12-01

voip-ninja Wrote:Wrongo I'm afraid. My H67M-ITX has CIR and does not have this feature at all in the BIOS because ASRock apparently never implemented it.
But you still can use their Multi-Angle CIR Receiver with the instruction in page #28 of your manual. You just don't have the option to use external IR with the USB in the back.

- eskro - 2011-12-01

your right blu Tongue

but i think voip-ninja knew that already Tongue

- bluray - 2011-12-02

eskro Wrote:your right blu Tongue

but i think voip-ninja knew that already Tongue
The CIR option for the front USB is different from the bios option for USB IR option in the rear. I believe that the mobo with bios option can use both options Smile

- cyberdiamond - 2011-12-02

Nexxo Wrote:That is good to hear, what range are you getting with the remote? Also are you using a harmony with it?
Normal supplied remote 16-17 foot is where I sit and its fine, I don't own a harmony.