Kodi Community Forum
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote? (/showthread.php?tid=111310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- daffeh - 2012-02-01

so I just turn on that option in the bios
plug the dongle in any usb (2.0)
turn off the pc
and hit one key?

- TeKo - 2012-02-01

daffeh Wrote:so I just turn on that option in the bios
turn off the pc
and hit one key?

Worked for me.

- r1lee - 2012-02-01

daffeh Wrote:so I just turn on that option in the bios
turn off the pc
and hit one key?

didn't work for me, so like Voip-Ninja said, its a hit and miss.

My A75M-HVS does not work with the HP IR USB dongle. I enabled that option in the Bios. Have everything unplugged with only the HP dongle attached and still does not work. I see it receiving the signal from the remote, but it won't turn on.

If i plug a Keyboard in (wireless, RF or Bluetooth) any button works to turn it on.

- r1lee - 2012-02-01

daffeh Wrote:But I can't find CIR hardware near here (Belgium). Shipping rates go nuts.
If I test the wake on USB with my wireless keyboard (& usb dongle) and it works, then it will also work with a harmony/mce receiver?

no, it might not work. See above post.

- r1lee - 2012-02-01

for everyone who has achieved a POWER ON from off with remote with their Asrock board, are you using the HP remote specifically or a Harmony?

this is assuming we are all using the HP IR USB Dongle.

Thanks
Tom

- daffeh - 2012-02-01

booting up from usb wireless keyboard worked like a charm
my hp remote is bound to the D610 all in on pc, it has theIR receiver built in.

Any suggestions for a mce remote? Chinavision?

- hcabrita - 2012-02-02

I have an ASrock A75M-HVS, and using this remote, I can boot from complete shutdown.
The IR receiver has to be plugged to one of the USB2.0 connections (black ones), and after settings the bios options, you have to let windows boot once before it works.

- Balinus - 2012-02-02

r1lee Wrote:for everyone who has achieved a POWER ON from off with remote with their Asrock board, are you using the HP remote specifically or a Harmony?

this is assuming we are all using the HP IR USB Dongle.

Thanks
Tom

It works with my HP remote and HP IR USB (see sig for link to my remote). Though, it's not reliable (doesn't work after I plug a device in a USB port -> needs to unplug everything then re-plug everything to make it work again). I turn on from S5 with my RF keyboard, which works 100% of the time.

The keyboard sits next to my HP remote, so I just press any button when I go take my remote, so not much additional work to do.

- r1lee - 2012-02-02

hcabrita Wrote:I have an ASrock A75M-HVS, and using this remote, I can boot from complete shutdown.
The IR receiver has to be plugged to one of the USB2.0 connections (black ones), and after settings the bios options, you have to let windows boot once before it works.

I've tried a thousand ways to get this to work and like i said. The USB adapter recognizes the signal. But it won't force the boot. I will attempt again. This is runnign firmware 1.60 right?

Balinus Wrote:It works with my HP remote and HP IR USB (see sig for link to my remote). Though, it's not reliable (doesn't work after I plug a device in a USB port -> needs to unplug everything then re-plug everything to make it work again). I turn on from S5 with my RF keyboard, which works 100% of the time.

The keyboard sits next to my HP remote, so I just press any button when I go take my remote, so not much additional work to do.

I'm ok with not plugging in another USB device, the HP USB would be the only item plugged in. This is what i do now, i have a logitech K400 keyboard attached to it to power it on. I think it's ghetto, but its the only way I can get it to boot. oh well, it looks like i'm going back home to test it some more.

So far no one is using a Harmony specifically to attempt this. If it only works with an Actual remote designed for that Dongle, then i'd rather just keep the keyboard there.

- Balinus - 2012-02-02

r1lee, you have the A75M-ITX?

Remembr to plug your USB IR receiver in a USB 2.0 port, not the 3.0.

Begin b unplugging everything, then the power, then all your HDMI/USB/etc... boot normally... then shutdown. Just after all these steps it will work.

- r1lee - 2012-02-02

Balinus Wrote:r1lee, you have the A75M-ITX?

Remembr to plug your USB IR receiver in a USB 2.0 port, not the 3.0.

Begin b unplugging everything, then the power, then all your HDMI/USB/etc... boot normally... then shutdown. Just after all these steps it will work.

A75M-HVS
Teko and hcabrita both says their HVS work.

- solidsatras - 2012-02-04

Since a lot of people here use the Asrock A75M-ITX, i hope someone can help me real quick. I´m trying use the wake on lan feature but i can´t find the suspend modes in the UEFI.

I´m looking for options like:
http://www.missingremote.com/guide/configuring-standby-your-htpc
Maybe i´m blind but I can´t even find it in the manual

any pointers would be much appreciated

- r1lee - 2012-02-05

does anyone if if there is a i3 motherboard that has power on option from S5?

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-05

r1lee Wrote:does anyone if if there is a i3 motherboard that has power on option from S5?

My Asrock H67M has a CIR port, but does not have a USB power on option like the A75M has.

- r1lee - 2012-02-08

Ok, i just got the response from Asrock.
They issued me a 1.70 firmware to test out on the A75M-HVS.