XBMC Community Forum
Can I add custom flags? - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Night (/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+---- Thread: Can I add custom flags? (/showthread.php?tid=111743)

Can I add custom flags? - jimmylee7706 - 2011-10-06 02:17

I'm been searching and can't seem to find out how to do this, I have several 3D movies in my library and I'd like to add a 3D media flag to those movies, is there a way that if the source is my 3D folder I can display the 3D flag?

- mcborzu - 2011-10-06 02:50

Probably best way would be to put it in the file name like people do for bluray tag:

Dark.Knight.bluray.mkv

Then search for it via code to display it:
Quote:<control type="image">
<description>Bluray Image</description>
<width>54</width>
<height>40</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/video/custom/bluray.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bluray) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,blu-ray) | substring(ListItem.Filename,brrip) | substring(ListItem.Filename,.m2ts,Right) | substring(ListItem.Filename,.bdmv,Right)</visible>
</control>

- jimmylee7706 - 2011-10-06 03:45

Where would I put the custom png file? Or is there a way to add it to the xbt file?

- mcborzu - 2011-10-06 04:03

jimmylee7706 Wrote:Where would I put the custom png file? Or is there a way to add it to the xbt file?

<texture>flagging/video/custom/bluray.png</texture>

means it searches for the bluray.png in skin.night/media/flagging/video/custom/

I mean you could put anywhere like:

<texture>jimmylee/bluray.png</texture>

So create a folder in skin.night/media called jimmylee and put your bluray image in there and add corresponding code...

- jimmylee7706 - 2011-10-07 00:01

Awesome, thanks....will give it a go!

- Thizizmyname - 2011-10-07 00:12

jimmylee7706 Wrote:Where would I put the custom png file? Or is there a way to add it to the xbt file?

I've wanted to do the same thing with my set of Confluense but didn't understand where to put the png-file either.

Now that I know that I could try again but to make it easier for me, since Confluense use the same flags, have you already made a good looking logo that fits Night? If so, could I have it please?

- jimmylee7706 - 2011-10-07 00:31

Thizizmyname Wrote:I've wanted to do the same thing with my set of Confluense but didn't understand where to put the png-file either.

Now that I know that I could try again but to make it easier for me, since Confluense use the same flags, have you already made a good looking logo that fits Night? If so, could I have it please?

I have a couple I'm going to test and see which one fits the best, I'll post them all in a bit for you.
Ok here is a screen of how it looks with my current flag, I'm still trying to get the other ones to look right, but below is the link for the png file.

[Image: 3dExample.jpg]

The PNG file
[Image: 3D.png]