Kodi Community Forum
Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System (/showthread.php?tid=112323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System - bluray - 2011-10-13

If you are a fan of HD audio (DTS-HD and TrueHD), this compact 2.1 home theater system might fit your bill.

Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System (Black)

more spec- Onkyo HTX-22HDX

you can add these speakers to turn it into 5.1 system- Onkyo SKS-22X

- Mallet21 - 2011-10-13

Please...."If you are a fan of HD audio" do not buy this 2-channel system.

- poofyhairguy - 2011-10-14

At least it has a digital optical and HDMI in.

- eskro - 2011-10-14

Mallet21 Wrote:Please...."If you are a fan of HD audio" do not buy this 2-channel system.

true

- bluray - 2011-10-14

Mallet21 Wrote:Please...."If you are a fan of HD audio" do not buy this 2-channel system.
if you cannot afford and don't need the 5.1, 7.1, etc with dts-hd and truehd avr, it's a cheap alternative. it's very compact. it's great for a den, computer cabinet or bedroom. i have a very similar system in my master bedroom htpc cabinet. it's a great addition to my 32" LCD in the cabinet. of course it is not comparable to my full blown 7.1 audyssey system in the theater room. but for bedroom, it's a blast to have and it allow me to decode and enjoy bd movies with dts-hd and truehd.

it rated very well among its users too- Customer Reviews of the Onkyo HTX-22HDX and these 16 Customer Reviews

what's your cheap solution for dts-hd and truehd?

- User 77203 - 2011-10-14

dont listen to this guy. I have this system and its pretty good. You can buy addtional speakers for it to take it from 2.1 to 5.1.

Had to downgrade due the misses Stare

extra speakers: onkyo sks-22x

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/6443

- Harro - 2011-10-14

I just purchased the Onkyo S8400 7.1 and I like it very much. It may not be the top of the line, but it sounds good in my room and works well with all that I have hooked to it. The plus side of it all was that Newegg had it for 300 dollars off, giving me a 7.1 starter system for 600 dollars.

- PatrickVogeli - 2011-10-14

crap speakers to ruin great audio Big Grin

- bluray - 2011-10-14

PatrickVogeli Wrote:crap speakers to ruin great audio Big Grin
have you listen to one?

- PatrickVogeli - 2011-10-14

160$ 2.1 plastic speakers done by onkio? Do you really think those are any good? I really don't, as any person who's a bit in audio. And no, I haven't listened to them.

What I'd do? Get a decent 2.0 system for aprox. $200, with an AVR and some speakers (done by a speaker maker). Even if isn't compatible with those super fancy audio formats you'll get better audio quality than with this set. You are loosing all advantage of the HQ audio over older formats in those plastic speakers.

Even so, people may like them, but that doesn't make them good. IMHO of course.

- bluray - 2011-10-14

PatrickVogeli Wrote:160$ 2.1 plastic speakers done by onkio? Do you really think those are any good? I really don't, as any person who's a bit in audio. And no, I haven't listened to them.

What I'd do? Get a decent 2.0 system for aprox. $200, with an AVR and some speakers (done by a speaker maker). Even if isn't compatible with those super fancy audio formats you'll get better audio quality than with this set. You are loosing all advantage of the HQ audio over older formats in those plastic speakers.

Even so, people may like them, but that doesn't make them good. IMHO of course.
if you haven't listen to one, i wouldn't judge the book by its cover. i am always quest for better sound all my life. i played around with everything from car stereo to full blown home theater system (hsu, svs, etc). this compact system is not comparable to those full blown system, but it's not bad for a den, bedroom, etc. instead of throwing idea around, please provide a link to a $200 2.1 system with dts-hd and truehd capability.

- Balinus - 2011-10-14

We have to remember that this is a cheap solution that can accomodate in the short term. I'll probably won't have enough money for a good sound system before 4-5 years. Until then, should I appreciate my TV speaker or just buy this Onkyo system for 200$? I think the answer is easy. Even if the system is crappy, it's probably not as crappy as my TV speaker!

- bluray - 2011-10-14

Balinus Wrote:We have to remember that this is a cheap solution that can accomodate in the short term. I'll probably won't have enough money for a good sound system before 4-5 years. Until then, should I appreciate my TV speaker or just buy this Onkyo system for 200$? I think the answer is easy. Even if the system is crappy, it's probably not as crappy as my TV speaker!
it's way better than my hdtv lcd speaker. hdtv speaker cannot do hd audio either!

- CpTHOOK - 2011-10-14

Great suggestion Blu, compact yet affordable!.. Not everyone needs a 7.1 audiophile rated AVR to get great sound at less important areas of the Pad,ie., Bedroom....Den. Not for me, as I already have a cheap Sony sound-bar system in den and I use TV speakers in bedroom, but thanks for the tip any-way!!

- bluray - 2011-10-14

CpTHOOK Wrote:Great suggestion Blu, compact yet affordable!.. Not everyone needs a 7.1 audiophile rated AVR to get great sound at less important areas of the Pad,ie., Bedroom....Den. Not for me, as I already have a cheap Sony sound-bar system in den and I use TV speakers in bedroom, but thanks for the tip any-way!!
this is a cheap 2.1 system and it is a great addition to htpc in the den, bedroom, etc. i'm not sure why PatrickVogeli thought that is very bad without ever listen to it. his claim has no base, other than his dislike of the speaker enclosure. he haven't provide any link to any 2.1 system w/ dts-hd and truehd capability for $200 either.

i was looking for one of those soundbar for my girls study desk. i never own one of those. how is it sound like? is better than tv speaker?