[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)
- karandras24 - 2011-12-26 19:49
WOW, Just WOW Mizaki, that looks stunning!
- newphreak - 2011-12-26 21:49
Oh crap, haha. This looks so awesome now. Will pull latest git and check how it looks on the tablet. Great work Mizaki, and i think you are incorrect. This is much better then playing a game. Now others get to enjoy what you've spent your time on. ha!
- Livin - 2011-12-26 21:55
karandras24 Wrote: WOW, Just WOW Mizaki, that looks stunning!
- Mizaki - 2011-12-26 23:21
Thanks. Glad you all like it.
I'm probably going to change the icons to the ones from Aeon Nox but I need to finish off the playlists functions first. Not enough spare time...
- cienislaw - 2011-12-28 01:02
if you add new strings it will be nice to add them also into other languages - if not, missing strings are not showing as english ones, but as keys form table for example 'label_votes'.
i've updated polish translation, grab it here.
- Mizaki - 2011-12-28 03:52
Yeah, I normally do. Just forgot in this instance.
Thanks for the updates
Fanart use - Mizaki - 2011-12-28 20:19
Use fanart from the currently playing as the playlist background and/or use as background on video info screen.
Yey, ney or better ideas?
- newphreak - 2011-12-28 21:21
yey! I love what this is becoming. So i guess json-rpc has allot of nice features none of the interfaces take advantage of yet. Keep adding them.
I guess you could make this optional, as users probably want it both ways.
- cienislaw - 2011-12-30 20:56
looks like someone was busy;-) ok, another 'bug' from me:
here is CUE in UTF+ with polish chars.
something is for sure borked with encoding, can you check what?
UI and navigation suggestions - Livin - 2011-12-31 00:24
I love what you are making... I hope the XBMC team is watching, they could make this the default web UI.
I'm looking at this from a few perspective... this will make a great touchscreen UI and perfect for household guests to use via iPad, Android, WebOS, etc or my 21" touchscreen on my HTPC. Somewhat like a home jukebox.
With this in mind, I have a few UI and navigation suggestions I hope you will consider...
1) Please consider making the text/buttons larger (or have an option for it) - the UI would be great on 10" touchscreens but it needs to be more 'finger friendly'
2) In list view, can you make the Movie image/info not be an modal overlay, maybe have it show to the right of the list? This would eliminate the need to "close" the info window to access the list. Again, this make the navigation easier.
3) A view like the Recent TV Shows has, but for the regular TV Shows, Movies, and Music libraries.
4) Option to hide the Watched check mark... but still show the watched videos in the list. I find the check mark distracting and guests will not understand what they are.
5) Option to hide the list numbers. Again, confusing and distracting... especially when you have movies like '9' or '2012' - just looks funny
6) Feature: Save Playlists. Since the web UI is 100x easier to use, especially for kids/wifes, I'd love for them to be able to make playlists using your UI.