Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

- m0v1em4n - 2012-03-04

Mizaki Wrote:(if anyone is reading )

You know we are all reading Big Grin

Being able to un-clutter the interface is always a good thing, could we have a dummy run Nod

always nice to see an update from you, because it means goodies Big Grin

- nymusicman - 2012-03-04

I know this question has been asked before but the previous answer is no longer applicable.

All my browsers are stuck on "Initializing xbmc-lib..."

The previous answer was that the repository was old and you should grab the git version.

Now in March 2012 I don't think the 0.5.0 is a lot older than the 0.5.0 found in git but just in case I got the git zip file and still, same problem. I try to download the project through git and xbmc says it doesn't recognize the file system. From here, I'm stuck.

The information you would probably like to know. I'm using xbmc eden rc1 on all computers. All my computers are sharing a mysql database located on my primary htpc (This is the machine that I'm trying to get AWX working with).

Seriously this interface looks awesome but apparently I need some help getting it running.

- Mizaki - 2012-03-04

@m0v1em4n I'll try and do a mock up. Really could use a graphics person to do some spec icons and such Smile

@nymusicman I can't see why the mySQL should cause any problems. First thing is clear your cache. The other thing you can do it open the javascript console in your browser (usually pressing F12 will bring it up). Reload the page and you should see the error appear in the console. Let me know how it goes.

- Mizaki - 2012-03-04

Added a single logo view for artists. Should be good for tablets etc.

- ducati748sp - 2012-03-05

very awsome webinterface for xbmc :-)
can i use it as a viewer only?
i want my friends to be able to view my xbmc database content, but NOT to change anything. also a download button for downloading conent would be great :-)

greets

- Mizaki - 2012-03-05

Thanks. Smile

Do you mean a jukebox mode? You can't change anything other than the playlist through AWXi. A jukebox mode is on the list of things to do Smile

There is a download link to the video files if you click for information. Are you after the same for songs? Doable, it's just finding where to put a link.

- ducati748sp - 2012-03-06

i'm not shure, what you mean with jukebox mode.
i want give some friends a view on my xbmc database, so that they can have a look what movies, tv-shows and music i have.
in the "information view" i saw a link to the file location, so they can download items if they want. thats cool.
but i will NOT give them control over my xbmc.

i thought about to remove any control actions (play movie or music, add to playlist, etc.) in your sources, but it's not so easy as i thought.

thanks

- Mizaki - 2012-03-06

A jukebox mode will allow people to add to the playlist but not do anything else.

If you wanted to you could change the play commands and such in the lib.xbmc.js to a fake command which would cause it to error. You'd just get a failed message pop up.

- ducati748sp - 2012-03-06

ok, i understand. so jukebox mode is not really what i need.
thanks a lot for the hint with lib.xbmc.js. i disabled every command, i don't want to be available just by commenting out the xbmc.sendCommand sections like this:

Code:
        playVideo: function(options) {
            var settings = {
                item: 0,
                onSuccess: null,
                onError: null
            };
            $.extend(settings, options);

/*xbmc.sendCommand(
                '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params" : { "item" : { "playlistid" : 1, "position": ' + settings.item + ' } }, "id": 1}',
                settings.onSuccess,
                function(response) {
                    settings.onError(mkf.lang.get('message_failed_play'));
                }
            ); FJ*/
            settings.onError(mkf.lang.get('message_failed_play'));
        },
in this case when i press "play" nothing happens, on the right upper corner it says "playing movie..." - but no movie is played :-) i'm happy with this.
but i don't get an error message, is my "settings.onError" line correct?

- Mizaki - 2012-03-07

Instead of commenting it out you'd probably be better served changing the method to something fake, say foo.bar. That will cause an error and so the message will say failed to play movie etc.

So replace:
Code:
"Player.Open"
With:
Code:
"foo.bar"

- ducati748sp - 2012-03-07

ok, good idea.
thanks for your help :-)

- Mizaki - 2012-03-10

I'll be posting the current 5.1 to the repo soonish so, get your translations/bugs in as soon as please.

I think there's one more view I want to do for artists and then I'll do some real work Wink

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWX-Eden - Ajax Based Web - macchina - 2012-03-12

Hi Mizaki!

I have one wish/request - don't know, if this possible...

In XBMC there is no feature, to add a song from the library or the current playing song to a pre-defined playlist (or a selected existing playlist from a list of available playlists).
I've configured my XBMC with Eventghost, so a specific rc-keypress gets the information and adds it to a (hard-coded) specific playlist.
Found no way to do this while browsing my music-library, so I've to play the song - press key on rc - and stop the song. Would be fine if this possible via your excellent web-interface.

Best Regards
Macchina

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWX-Eden - Ajax Based Web - Mizaki - 2012-03-12

Hey,

If I understand correctly then the answer is sadly, no. There is currently no way to alter a saved playlist.
If you use any of the logo views you'll now need an xbmc after https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d5b351937a92d1dbc8976145f7a1078c54a087ad for them to work.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWX-Eden - Ajax Based Web - Scaramush - 2012-03-13

Hi!

Here is russian translation