Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-15, 02:19)DrScott Wrote: You can do it yourself, if you mange to find the file in your xbmc installation.

I see...thanks for the info but I'd rather not mess around with the files on the Pi....if I mess them up I can't just fix it. Let me explain : I can only acess the pi via webinterface and when I tried to write the image on a SD Card, it didn't work. When I used Win32diskimage, it didn't "see" my SD. So I resorted to telling my son (who has a macbook running Linux)....but he is attending University in UK, so he can't just pop round and rewrite my SD.

A suggestion : if one goes to videos>files>movies>movie_folder>movie.ext and you left click (from webinterface) you get a menu with "queue item, play using..., add to favourites, movie information, mark as watched, update library" - how about adding "mark as unwatched" ? Would solve the problem (I think) CoolCool

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - DrScott - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 00:28)oggie62 Wrote: ....but he is attending University in UK, so he can't just pop round and rewrite my SD.
Maybe your son can access your pi over the internet. Then he's certainly clever enough to do the manipulation... ;-)

Quote:A suggestion : if one goes to videos>files>movies>movie_folder>movie.ext and you left click (from webinterface) you get a menu with "queue item, play using..., add to favourites, movie information, mark as watched, update library" - how about adding "mark as unwatched" ? Would solve the problem (I think) CoolCool
This would be just another kind of workaround. As it would require some developers to jump in, they would better try to solve the problem itself.
Anyway: Your suggestion seems only work with "local" videos (at least they have to appear as local to xbmc). On my system, xbmc access the movies via smb and i am not able to reproduce your workaround. After videos>files>movies i get an empty site without any possibility to perform a left click as you described.

Are the devs reading this post? Anyone else observing this problem?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 00:58)DrScott Wrote: Your suggestion seems only work with "local" videos (at least they have to appear as local to xbmc). On my system, xbmc access the movies via smb and i am not able to reproduce your workaround. After videos>files>movies i get an empty site without any possibility to perform a left click as you described.

Hold on......even my movies are all on a network NAS and acessed via smb....I edited sources.xml to point to the folder on the NAS containing my movies.....my Pi installation has no "local" videos.

I did the same with TV Shows and Music. Here are relevant bits of sources.xml :
Code:
<source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://G-NAS/public/Series/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://G-NAS/public/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://G-NAS/public/Music/</path>
        </source>

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - DrScott - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 12:13)oggie62 Wrote: even my movies are all on a network NAS and acessed via smb....I edited sources.xml to point to the folder on the NAS containing my movies.....my Pi installation has no "local" videos.
Strange, so you are using the same setup like me. In the webfrontend i can select

Video -> Files -> [SRC] Movies

at this point, just an empty site is shown. Sometimes a message "Failed to get directory" pops up.

BTW, if you are able to edit your source.xml file, which is stored under

/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml

why not just edit

/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/webinterface.awxi/js/ui.views.js

(2013-03-16, 15:53)DrScott Wrote: Strange, so you are using the same setup like me. In the webfrontend i can select

Video -> Files -> [SRC] Movies

at this point, just an empty site is shown. Sometimes a message "Failed to get directory" pops up.
Yes, of course it does....that's because your "Movies" folder points to the Movies folder of XBMC....which is empty. Since I edited sources.xml, it now points to the folder on my NAS. In your case, it must be Videos>Files>whatever_your_video_folder_is_named>movie.ext. Remember, the default points to the folder on your SD Card, and as far as I know, nobody uses it as it's quite small.

(2013-03-16, 15:53)DrScott Wrote: BTW, if you are able to edit your source.xml file, which is stored under

/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml

why not just edit

/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/webinterface.awxi/js/ui.views.js
True, but if I screw up something in sources.xml, XBMC will re-create it on reboot (I can reboot with Putty).

I acess files like sources.xml because they are in "userdata" which is mapped - all I have to do is go to "My Computer" on my Windows computer (I am still using XP.....for a reason)

(2013-03-16, 16:39)oggie62 Wrote: Yes, of course it does....that's because your "Movies" folder points to the Movies folder of XBMC....which is empty. Since I edited sources.xml, it now points to the folder on my NAS. In your case, it must be Videos>Files>whatever_your_video_folder_is_named>movie.ext. Remember, the default points to the folder on your SD Card, and as far as I know, nobody uses it as it's quite small.

Hmm, i don't get it. Here's the part of my sources.xml:
Code:
<video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://NAS/Movies</path>
        </source>
    </video>
Something wrong?

(2013-03-16, 21:30)DrScott Wrote: Hmm, i don't get it.

Same here HuhHuh

The code seems fine....it's just like mine...I don't know.

Maybe (hopefully) somebody who can offer a solution is following this and can clarify....

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-17

May sound silly, how are your movies arranged (file structure) ?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Martijn - 2013-03-17

Is it possible to add a sorting for album that it sort by "artist AND year". Now its only by title or year.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - DrScott - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-17, 10:09)oggie62 Wrote: May sound silly, how are your movies arranged (file structure) ?

Just a flat directory structure. All files (~130) in one directory.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - odt_x - 2013-03-18

Feature request: Would it be possible to display the TV shows landscape.jpg instead of the extracted/downloaded episode thumbs or the default empty image? This is talking about the Recently Added TV view, which is almost all I use. Occasionally I have now stretched out posters, so currently its either of these 3: defaulthumb/actual thumb/stretched poster.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - oggie62 - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 11:24)DrScott Wrote: Just a flat directory structure. All files (~130) in one directory.

That's the difference!

All my movies are then in their own sub-directory with movie title as name....Cool

I use Ember Media Manager and it finds posters, fanart, episode image, creates nfo file......and so each movie MUST be in it's own folder! AngelAngel
Plus I read in many posts that it is the way it should be - it is also much more organized. Originally I used your method until I began using Ember - that generates lots of files.

Try putting one movie in it's own folder and see if it makes a difference Big Grin

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2013-03-18

Been busy with other things which will be finished soon so I can take a look at the resume problem and others.

@ DrScott Increase the timeout in settings for using the file view. It still maybe too slow and the browser will time it out. Nothing can be done about that currently.

@Martijn for you... no :p Seriously though, probably not. I don't think you can via the JSON call atm but I'll check if it's possible with advanced filter.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - DrScott - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 14:53)Mizaki Wrote: ... I can take a look at the resume problem and others.

i opened an issue: https://github.com/frolick/AWX-Eden/issues/106
I think i found the problem (currently resume works again on my installation). It is described in that issue.

(2013-03-18, 14:53)Mizaki Wrote: @ DrScott Increase the timeout in settings for using the file view. It still maybe too slow and the browser will time it out. Nothing can be done about that currently.

You are right: i've been just too impatient: I have to wait about 20 seconds, before the page shows some results. A slightly improvement would be something like an indicator, that there's still something going on in the background ;-)

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2013-03-18

Fix https://github.com/frolick/AWX-Eden/commit/2b418020e6efb5178e34d2eda12fdbfd97b1f40b if it can be confirmed that would be good and I'll get it pushed to XBMC repo.