Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Thirtybird - 2013-05-30

Update with what I found - when all the cookies are removed, everything is fine. I go in and change the option to hide watched tv/video and then save my settings. Restart my browser, and the functionality is broken. Checking into the cookies, AWXi saves 39 cookies for the site. Using the advanced settings in Chrome, I removed cookies one at a time and reload the frame in the browser. After removing a couple cookies, the functionality was working again. I repeated my steps, re-saving my settings through the interface and verifying there are 39 cookies again to try and find the specific cookie causing the problem. I could not find any specific cookie that triggered things working again, but it turned out that removing any 4 cookies and reloading the interface restored the functionality. I repeated this test on another machine, and the procedure was the same, but I found I only needed to remove 3 cookies from that browser to restore the functionality.

Hopefully someone familiar with how the add-on works can verify this problem and understand what's gone wrong. I see it uses jquery, and found google results that chrome 27 has been breaking some jquery image resizing

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - john.doe - 2013-05-31

Does openelec for raspberry pi come with its own variety of the awxi-addon? Because the web interface my raspberry's xbmc (Frodo) shows me looks a lot uglier than on the screenshots posted here earlier. I remember from an earlier openelec-build that you could choose from different skins, that settings-option seems to have disappeared? Also, the NOW-PLAYING-bar doesn't show anything, the pause/play, stop, forward,...buttons don't work either...

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - scoop98 - 2013-06-02

(2013-05-30, 06:59)Thirtybird Wrote: Update with what I found - when all the cookies are removed, everything is fine. I go in and change the option to hide watched tv/video and then save my settings. Restart my browser, and the functionality is broken. Checking into the cookies, AWXi saves 39 cookies for the site. Using the advanced settings in Chrome, I removed cookies one at a time and reload the frame in the browser. After removing a couple cookies, the functionality was working again. I repeated my steps, re-saving my settings through the interface and verifying there are 39 cookies again to try and find the specific cookie causing the problem. I could not find any specific cookie that triggered things working again, but it turned out that removing any 4 cookies and reloading the interface restored the functionality. I repeated this test on another machine, and the procedure was the same, but I found I only needed to remove 3 cookies from that browser to restore the functionality.

Hopefully someone familiar with how the add-on works can verify this problem and understand what's gone wrong. I see it uses jquery, and found google results that chrome 27 has been breaking some jquery image resizing

Same issue on three different Chrome installs - fine in IE - Using XBMC 12.2

all seem to "break" on latest Chrome update - NOW/NEXT and BACKGROUND FAN ART all fail now

also note that a chrome extension "XBMC Remote Control" also now wont work Sad

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2013-06-08

I'm still not getting any problems with Chrome... tbh I've not touched the cookie handling from the original AWX. FYI I'm using Frodo 12.2.

As you may have noticed I've not had any free time to work on AWXi. Without being able to replicate the problem it's very difficult to find/fix.

The git repo is always there for anyone who can/wants to use it.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Thirtybird - 2013-06-09

(2013-06-08, 20:00)Mizaki Wrote: I'm still not getting any problems with Chrome... tbh I've not touched the cookie handling from the original AWX. FYI I'm using Frodo 12.2.

As you may have noticed I've not had any free time to work on AWXi. Without being able to replicate the problem it's very difficult to find/fix.

try changing your settings and then saving them. Delete all your cookies in your browser for the site of your XBMC and then set your settings and save them. If that doesn't break AWXi under chrome, then you've got something special Smile

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - bac522 - 2013-06-09

(2013-03-31, 01:25)Mizaki Wrote: @bac522 iirc it was removed on purpose. I'll see about putting a skip and big skip icon in.

Was skipping put back in yet? I think I'm running the latest version, but don't seem to have it.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - techchad - 2013-06-17

Is there anyway to add sort by MPAA rating (G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17, Unrated)? I'm using XBMC as sort of a Video On-Demand system that I have piped through our house via Digital TV Channel with an RF Modulator. I'm using this as the web interface to select movies/tv shows and was wondering if it would be possible to add this as a sorting function?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - 1358 - 2013-07-20

It seems as if the UI is not loading properly (browser independent).
As there is a huge difference to the screenshots in this thread and in the wiki, is this the intended look&feel of the uni ui?
It feels kinda broken..

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Semela - 2013-07-28

Is there any way to make web interface show plot description and a cover at the same time when one browse through the movies list? so that one won't have to click every time to open up a pop up page with a huge cover and a plot available

Cheers

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - drwyrm - 2013-08-08

(2013-06-08, 20:00)Mizaki Wrote: I'm still not getting any problems with Chrome... tbh I've not touched the cookie handling from the original AWX. FYI I'm using Frodo 12.2.

Hey Mizaki, thanks for your great work on AWXi. Smile
EDIT: Please disconsider the previous bugfix, its innefective, and in fact would only break things.
Problem isnt in awxi at all. it seems to be something in xbmc websock implementation.

The main difference between successful and failed "now playing" screens is that when the websock connection is made it goes stale.

Request header for a good websock connection are always 1024 bytes or less. If the total header is bigger than 1024 (as may be the case by the amount of cookies set) then the now playing screen will not show up. You can set any dummy big cookie to test it, and it should break things for chrome or any other browser that sends cookies when requesting the websock.

This will properly create a websocket and show the now playing screen, size is 1016
Code:
GET ws://htpc:9090/jsonrpc?awxi HTTP/1.1
Pragma: no-cache
Origin: http://htpc:8081
Host: htpc:9090
Sec-WebSocket-Key: yXiZiueLEdvTEYJ7teeDFg==
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36
Upgrade: websocket
Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: x-webkit-deflate-frame
Cache-Control: no-cache
Cookie: startPage=recentMovies; manualPath=; albumSort=album; adesc=ascending; artistsView=cover; artistsPath=; albumsView=cover; albumsViewRec=cover; tvdesc=ascending; TVSort=label; EpSort=episode; epdesc=ascending; filmSort=label; mdesc=ascending; filmView=poster; filmViewRec=poster; filmViewSets=poster; TVView=banner; TVViewRec=infolist; EpView=listover; lazyload=no; showTags=yes; rotateCDart=no; preferLogos=yes; usefanart=yes; usextrafanart=yes; watched=no; hidewatchedmark=no; hoverOrClick=no; lang=en; timeout=20; limitArtists=30; limitAlbums=30; limitSongs=30; limitVideo=30; limitMusicVideo=30; limitTV=30
Connection: Upgrade
Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13

This will fail to create a websock and as a result will fail to show the now playing screen. size is 1049.
Code:
GET ws://htpc:9090/jsonrpc?awxi HTTP/1.1
Pragma: no-cache
Origin: http://htpc:8081
Host: htpc:9090
Sec-WebSocket-Key: 2rwLhI52I6MRU6LVKAqILg==
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36
Upgrade: websocket
Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: x-webkit-deflate-frame
Cache-Control: no-cache
Cookie: startPage=recentMovies; manualPath=; albumSort=album; adesc=ascending; artistsView=cover; artistsPath=; albumsView=cover; albumsViewRec=cover; mvdesc=ascending; mvSort=artist; tvdesc=ascending; TVSort=label; EpSort=episode; epdesc=ascending; filmSort=label; mdesc=ascending; filmView=poster; filmViewRec=poster; filmViewSets=poster; TVView=banner; TVViewRec=infolist; EpView=listover; lazyload=no; showTags=yes; rotateCDart=no; preferLogos=yes; usefanart=yes; usextrafanart=yes; watched=no; hidewatchedmark=no; hoverOrClick=no; lang=en; timeout=20; limitArtists=30; limitAlbums=30; limitSongs=30; limitVideo=30; limitMusicVideo=30; limitTV=30
Connection: Upgrade
Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13

Buggy code is at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/xbmc/network/TCPServer.cpp#L143 (lines 143 to 152 at the moment), recv() will read at most 1024 bytes, and if the request header doesnt fit it, it will not be recognized as a websocket connection.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - bac522 - 2013-09-01

Can we get the skip feature put back in please.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - dunbrokin - 2013-09-24

I am having a problem getting long playlists to respond to AWX on my remote PC with XBMC. I have no problem getting these playlists on the server...but they will not play on the remote. Shorter playlists will play. It seems to be a cache problem. But I have cleared the cache before trying to play the longer playlists....but they still will not play. Is there a solution for this please. I am using Ubuntu 13.04. It worked fine for a period of time after I updated....but now it no longer works.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - ryansteele - 2013-09-27

Hi,

Let me start by saying how essential AWXi is to my XBMC box.

Any way we can get a version of 0.5.4 that will run on Frodo? Or a version that will use the 0.5.4 default UI and functions, without the new extra features?

I updated earlier from Eden to 12.2, which auto updated AWXi, and after a couple hours attempting to no avail to get 0.6.4 to work similar to 0.5.4, or Frodo to work with 0.5.4, I just ended up downgrading back to Eden. Literally all control of our XBMC is done through AWXi, and the simplicity of 0.5.4 is crucial.

My main issues with the new UI are:

-Any view is limited to 999 items. In 0.5.4, I would load up the album page and scroll through/play anything from my entire collection, leaving it open for later use. I am unable to do this now, as I have more than 999 Albums.
-Left hand pane controls were super convenient.
-The simplicity of the default UI is now missing.

If there was even anything I could edit in the 0.5.4 release to allow install and proper use on 12.2, that would be more than enough for me. After updating to Frodo, and uninstalling AWXi, it automatically downgraded back to 0.5.4, but would not work properly (Album list would not display, you could play video fine, but once a video was playing attempting to play another would throw an error). Uninstalling AWXi completely, then installing 0.5.4 from zip gave a "dependencies not met" error. I even attempted to edit the xml file to reflect the /required of 0.6.4, no luck.

Thanks!

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - the_optimist - 2013-10-27

What is the best way to play .strm files from the AWXi web server?
I added some strm files to the playlists folder and AWXi found
them and even labelled them 'Type: internet stream'. But when I click on them I get
only 'Failed!' Actually ONCE one of them actually started playing! But dozens of other
attempts failed.

Is there a better way to start audio streams remotely with AWXi? Such as putting them
in my music share and giving them a defined 'artist' or 'album' called 'stream'?

I am using Frodo on an android g-box mx2.

An example of a stream file which streams fine under local control of xbmc
but which Failed! under AWXi is called nyc.strm and contains only
http://50.31.154.35:80/wnycfm

Update: This 'failed!' popup occurs when the bar corresponding to the playlist item is selected.
The stream plays just fine when the play triangle is clicked.
And, yes, one can add an artist directory called Radio and put strm files in it.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - DiMag - 2013-11-02

Awesome interface, playing media/managing the library through it is 1,000 times better than direct control of XBMC using either a keyb/mouse combo or a remote control.

What I am missing is controls to (1) invoke the file manager (2) activate quit menus (restart skin, restart XBMC.bin, reboot, poweroff). (Could it be that the quit menu is there but I don't see it?)