Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Spekkie - 2014-05-05

What I've tried sofar:

- git pull directly to the xbmc addon folder (problem persists)
- removed AWXi form within XBMC restart and git pull (problem still persists)
- downloaded gotham zip form git, shutdown xbmc, removed AWXi from the addon folder restarted xbmc installed AWXi from zip, restarted XBMC (still a no go...)

Every time I removed all cookies and forced a refresh of the browser using ctrl+f5
Tested all this with XBMC v13 on ubuntu and chrome on windows 7...

This problem is really, really getting weird...

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2014-05-05

Can you see if when the websocket is open if it shows cookie data? Also in xbmc.log is there something like:
Code:
16:14:45 T:13028   DEBUG: JSONRPC Server: New connection detected
16:14:45 T:13028    INFO: JSONRPC Server: New connection added
16:14:45 T:13028   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"artistsView":"list","albumsView":"cover","albumsViewRec":"cover","filmView":"poster","filmViewRec":"poster","filmViewSets":"poster","TVView":"banner","TVViewRec":"infolist","EpView":"listover","musicVideoView":"cover","filmSort":"label","mdesc":"ascending","tvSort":"label","tvdesc":"ascending","epSort":"label","epdesc":"ascending","albumSort":"album","adesc":"ascending","musicVideosSort":"album","musicVideosdesc":"ascending","limitMovies":25,"limitTV":25,"limitArtists":25,"limitAlbums":25,"limitSongs":25,"limitMV":25,"lazyload":false,"timeout":20,"lang":"en","watched":false,"hideWatchedMark":false,"hoverOrClick":"click","useFanart":false,"useXtraFanart":false,"startPage":"recentAlbums","showTags":false,"rotateCDart":false,"artistsPath":"","preferLogos":false,"remoteActive":false,"player":true,"enqueue":true,"playnext":true,"input":true,"volume":true,"playlist":true,"profiles":true,"system":true,"livetv":true}
16:14:45 T:13028   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"EpView":"listover","TVView":"banner","TVViewRec":"infolist","adesc":"ascending","albumSort":"album","albumsView":"cover","albumsViewRec":"cover","artistsPath":"","artistsView":"list","enqueue":true,"epSort":"label","epdesc":"ascending","filmSort":"label","filmView":"poster","filmViewRec":"poster","filmViewSets":"poster","hideWatchedMark":false,"hoverOrClick":"click","input":true,"lang":"en","lazyload":false,"limitAlbums":25,"limitArtists":25,"limitMV":25,"limitMovies":25,"limitSongs":25,"limitTV":25,"livetv":true,"mdesc":"ascending","musicVideoView":"cover","musicVideosSort":"album","musicVideosdesc":"ascending","player":true,"playlist":true,"playnext":true,"preferLogos":false,"profiles":true,"remoteActive":false,"rotateCDart":false,"showTags":false,"startPage":"recentAlbums","system":true,"timeout":20,"tvSort":"label","tvdesc":"ascending","useFanart":false,"useXtraFanart":false,"volume":true,"watched":false}'

For some reason the webserver is trying to parse the cookie and failing so doesn't open the websocket. Then after closing XBMC and reinstalling etc. is suddenly stopped doing it and worked. If you can make sure AWXi is 7.3 version and clear the cache. I'll try a clean install and see what happens.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2014-05-05

Just did a clean install (well uninstall, install) and used 7.3 zip and it works.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Spekkie - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-05, 23:55)Mizaki Wrote: Just did a clean install (well uninstall, install) and used 7.3 zip and it works.

I'm pretty sure I used 0.7.3 (at least it was stated as version 0.7.3 after installing the zip in XBMC)
I guess that you mean by clearing the cache the cache of the browser?

I'll try again this evening with Firefox and check the xbmc logs about the websocket. If that still doesn't work fire up my windows XBMC to rule out linux...
I'll keep you posted!

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2014-05-06

Thanks for your help. I also installed a clean 12.3 and that was fine with 39 cookies. I think I know the problem but not why the problem happens and now I can't replicate it again...

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Spekkie - 2014-05-07

I'm currently testing with Firefox and my windows XBMC (both running on the same machine)
I'm running version 0.7.3 of AWXi

Even after deleting the XBMC folder from appdata/roaming and restarting xbmc I'm still getting the same errors...
As you can see in the XBMC log the cookie parsing is still going wrong which is probably still causing the problem...

After restarting XBMC the error only occurs once as can be seen in this next log at r577.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2014-05-07

And if you remove the cookie it works?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Spekkie - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 20:26)Mizaki Wrote: And if you remove the cookie it works?

Yes if I remove the cookies it all works without any problem... Both in chrome, firefox and XBMC windows or linux
But as soon as I change the default settings of AWXi in the browser the cookies are set and I get the parsing errors again...

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Mizaki - 2014-05-08

Try this, replace:
Code:
xbmc.wsListener();
with
Code:
setTimeout(xbmc.wsListener, 3000);
in lib.xbmc.js. Around like 2696.

I can't see it helping with the websocket problem but hopefully it'll allow all the icons to bind. I just want to prove the websocket problem is stopping the function icons from working.

Thanks.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Spekkie - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-08, 12:01)Mizaki Wrote: Try this, replace:
Code:
xbmc.wsListener();
with
Code:
setTimeout(xbmc.wsListener, 3000);
in lib.xbmc.js. Around like 2696.

I can't see it helping with the websocket problem but hopefully it'll allow all the icons to bind. I just want to prove the websocket problem is stopping the function icons from working.

Thanks.

Changed it, but doesn't make any difference...

Last thing I can think of. I've push a new commit that uses 1 cookie for language and local storage for everything else. Try the new zip and remove the AWXi cookie. If that doesn't work, I dunno. Can try deleting the lang cookie as well but then we know it works without cookies so...

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Spekkie - 2014-05-08

Hmm strange thing... I just downloaded the gotham branche zip from git, but I still get 2 cookies?

WAIT! Scratch that! I removed all the old zips (so I couldn't make the mistake of pikking the wrong zip) and redownloaded the zip again from git and guess what! IT WORKED!!
Tested so far only on windows xbmc + firefox, so I'm going to test on linux + chrome right away!

Will report back!

<reporting back>
Linux XBMC + chrome confirmed working as well!

Nice work! And many thanks for the support!

Thank God for that! Smile I'll give it a few days and do a pull request to the repo.

Thanks again for testing.

No problem! I'm glad I could help out Smile

RE: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - fuggin - 2014-05-15

The recent update to 7.2 is borked on my Gotham 13 and 14 systems.

No controls or current playing file info are available using Chromium, Firefox or Safari. Chromium also pegs xbmc's cpu.

Turned autoupdate off again and rolled back to 6.4 lo and behold everthing works as expected.