Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

- newphreak - 2011-12-04

Nice work mizaki. Keep it up, this will be awesome by the time eden gets released.

- Mizaki - 2011-12-11

Thanks newphreak. Smile

It's taken me much longer than I wanted and it's still not great, greats a sub-page and then kills it if there are no unwatched, but you can get a list of unwatched episodes for a tv show. Click the name in RecentTV (as before) and there is now a button to do it on the normal tv list.

Mini plea:
If anyone else would like to help that would be great. I don't know JS or even CSS for that matter but I've managed to make some changes so don't be afraid to have a go Smile You can create your own fork on git and play as much as you want. Have a look at issues for some things to do.

- macchina - 2011-12-12

Hi,

I've asked the following in the AWX (Dharma)-Thread. Cause I'm using nightly builds, her my post again in the correct thread:

Quote:Hi!

First of all - many thanks for this great web-ui!

I've one issue and one feature-request ;-)

Issue:
I'm running XBMC with the default Web-Ui. Using XWMM and XBMControl Web as subdirectory in webinterface.default. Both XWMM and XBMControl Web running fine.
The same I want for AWX. So I copied the webinterface.awx to webinterface.default/awx.
The AWX-Page loads fine (http://localhost:99/awx/index.html). But if I select "Albums" from the Music-Section, I get an error ("Failed to retrieve album-list!"). The same with "Files" and also in the movie-section...
Any ideas whats wrong? Is this the right way for multiple web-ui's?

Feature-Request:
Is it possible to add a "by Genre" in the music-section?

Best Regards
Macchina

P.S. Running Nightly Build (20111209), Win7/32Bit, AWX-Eden 0.4.3, Firefox 8.0.1

P.S. AWX preEden works fine if selected as webinterface via xbmc-settings

Best Regards
Macchina

- brock_gonad - 2011-12-12

Just wanted to chime in that this web interface kicks complete ass! Thanks to all who developed it.

After using the Android remote, I started to wrap my head around the possibilities of mixing up music without my TV being on. I tried out the default web interface, but found it... lacking.

Little bit of searching turned up this thread, and am I ever glad I found it.

Top work chaps!

- Mizaki - 2011-12-13

macchina Wrote:Hi,

I've asked the following in the AWX (Dharma)-Thread. Cause I'm using nightly builds, her my post again in the correct thread:

Best Regards
Macchina

When I get some time I'll have a play. It sounds like the JSONRPC is failing but I can't think why. I'll do genre next I think. I'm hoping it'll be quite easy.

@brock_gonad thanks MKay did the heavy lifting and we are just adding things on Smile

- dave.fernando - 2011-12-13

I absolutely love this!!! Thank you!!!
I have one question, how can I edit the info on the files?
I have some movies and tv shows which dont display their information properly, I wish to edit these. How can i do this?
thanks

- Mizaki - 2011-12-13

Thanks Smile

AWX-Eden is a read only interface. If you want to edit your movies the you can use an nfo editor (EMM-r etc.) or use the great web interface XWMM

- Mizaki - 2011-12-14

macchina Wrote:Hi,

Best Regards
Macchina

Okay. This was a simple relative problem. I've pushed the fix to git but if you just want to edit lib.xbmc.js: line 87 and 179 respectively.
Code:
87: url: '/jsonrpc?awx',
179: return '/vfs/' + encodeURI(url);
As you can see all I did was remove the dot ".". Hopefully this won't cause any problems.

- macchina - 2011-12-14

@Mizaki

Many thanks!
Works perfect now.
(in my file it was line 178, instead of 179)

Best Greetings
Macchina

- Mizaki - 2011-12-15

Good oh Smile It's a nice bit of lateral thinking there. I might do it myself.

Oh and... Music Genres added. Nod

- macchina - 2011-12-15

Just downloaded from git. Genre works perfekt (in lightDark UI).

Can you please check, if its possible to add the "*All Artists" in the genre-section.
>>Genre>
*All Artists
70ies
80ies
90ies
>>Genres>>70ies>>*All Artists
Abba Gold - Abba
Greatest Hits - Billy Idoll

- Mizaki - 2011-12-16

macchina Wrote:Just downloaded from git. Genre works perfekt (in lightDark UI).

Can you please check, if its possible to add the "*All Artists" in the genre-section.
>>Genre>
*All Artists
70ies
80ies
90ies
Abba Gold - Abba

Sorry, I'm not really with you there. I'm probably just being dense? For the first example: If you wanted all artists wouldn't you use the "Artists" menu? And the second: You're after all the albums for that genre? Had a look and JSONRPC looks to support albums by genre.

French Translation - Danone-KiD - 2011-12-16

Really great job Big Grin

Can you update the French translation

Thanks

lang.fr.js

- Mizaki - 2011-12-16

Danone-KiD Wrote:Really great job Big Grin

Can you update the French translation

Thanks

lang.fr.js

Thanks for the update. Added to git Smile

- Mizaki - 2011-12-18

macchina Wrote:Just downloaded from git. Genre works perfekt (in lightDark UI).

>>Genre>
*All Artists
70ies
80ies
90ies
Abba Gold - Abba

I've added a mini icon next to the music genre. If you click it you'll get a page with all the albums for that genre. I hope that was what you were after? If not talk to me like I'm five and I might understand Smile

Either way it seemed like a sensible thing to add.