Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-05-11

(2012-05-11, 10:51)mrkipling Wrote: Excellent idea, I'll create an OpenElec forum.

No more thoughts about not leaving Maraschino when clicking an application, but I guess it could be made into an optional feature - IF enough people want it, and IF it was done very well Smile

Mr.K... I am NOT sure I understand the not-leaving Maraschino application thing... and also at the risk of sounding old fashioned (MFP), but my setup works quite nicely in that the top navigation bar takes me to all the places I need to go, and at the click of the icon, I can return to the Maraschino screen. I am sure it can be done in a more elegant way than hacking html code like I did, but please do try it and see if this inspires a solution in terms of how it should flow.

Because I have this, I do not use the Applications Module... Or perhaps I am missing the whole point of this module....Undecided

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-05-11

I am intrigued by it. I shall take a look.
Have you not got a Github, hernandito?

Have you thought of making a Video of it and upping it to youtube for all to see?
Gets the message across much better. I'll give it a bash and put it in a branch on my Repo...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-11, 21:27)DejaVu Wrote: I am intrigued by it. I shall take a look.
Have you not got a Github, hernandito?

Have you thought of making a Video of it and upping it to youtube for all to see?
Gets the message across much better. I'll give it a bash and put it in a branch on my Repo...

Deja my thing is so simple... It is just a couple of HTML framesets that have a navigation bar and the RSS as framesets and one big frameset for Maraschino... and all links open in same frame as Maraschino... Compared to what yo guys did, seriously this is 1990's web technology... But it has a decent workflow.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-11, 10:51)mrkipling Wrote: No more thoughts about not leaving Maraschino when clicking an application, but I guess it could be made into an optional feature - IF enough people want it, and IF it was done very well Smile

Count me in as one who desperately would love to have this feature. I loved the way how it was a few months ago (i.e., SB, CP and others opened on-top of Maraschino. I could close SB et al and return to Maraschino simply by clicking an (X). Apparently, this way did not get your liking, but any other way would be great as well.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mrkipling - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-11, 16:56)hernandito Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 10:51)mrkipling Wrote: Excellent idea, I'll create an OpenElec forum.

No more thoughts about not leaving Maraschino when clicking an application, but I guess it could be made into an optional feature - IF enough people want it, and IF it was done very well Smile

Mr.K... I am NOT sure I understand the not-leaving Maraschino application thing... and also at the risk of sounding old fashioned (MFP), but my setup works quite nicely in that the top navigation bar takes me to all the places I need to go, and at the click of the icon, I can return to the Maraschino screen. I am sure it can be done in a more elegant way than hacking html code like I did, but please do try it and see if this inspires a solution in terms of how it should flow.

Because I have this, I do not use the Applications Module... Or perhaps I am missing the whole point of this module....Undecided

I was envisioning an optional setting (default:no), which would open the application in an iframe filling the entire screen with a (x) in the corner to close it.

Of course, this would not be the default (sorry, I just prefer opening apps in new windows).

I would no longer be adverse to this being implemented as a non-default optional option Smile

Looking at your screenshot it seems that you have envisioned something else entirely. I like it, but I don't feel that it is the direction that I want Maraschino to go in.

Feel free to convince me otherwise though (either in this thread, in the Maraschino forums, or via PM).

And kudos for hacking away at Maraschino to create something that you find personally useful!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-05-12

Guys PLEASE download my link ...Save the files to a folder on your desktop and double click the index.html.. Play a little with it and you will see the intent (do tweak the html's to point to your links - 3 minutes worth of work)... You will see how easy it is to switch between screens and go back to Maraschino... I find that I can go back and forth effortlessly and "feeling" like you are in one a single place.

I have to go sleep off the beers I had for dinner... Nice NY microbrewery Belgian style beer.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - wally007 - 2012-05-13

Is plex anywhere on the roadmap to be supported ? I did not see anything on the home page nor home page forums.

Thanks

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-05-14

Nope,

Plex is not supported as none of us use it.
If you or anyone over on Plex want to help port a version (or integrate it) feel free.

Does Plex support the XBMC JSON API? If so, it might be able to happen.
If not, I cannot see it being an easy feat to get Plex supported.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-05-15

(2012-05-11, 14:15)steve1977 Wrote: I am setting up a new computer and of course also want to get Maraschino running on it. I love to access Maraschino from outside my home network and so far have been running Maraschino on Apache and then accessing SB, CP et al via reverse-proxies.

I am now curious whether this set-up is ideal or whether a cherrypy installation will get me the same results. Has anyone done a cherrypy installation that allows to access Maraschino, CP, SB without opening more than port 80? More explicit questions:

1) Can I assign port-80 to Maraschino and then access Maraschino directly from the "outside" over the web port?

2) Will Maraschino then handle the connection to SB and CP and all this could be routed through port 80 without setting up reverse proxies?

Thanks again for all the development and fantastic work!!!

P.S. Any progress on an auto-update function to get the latest maraschino through the UI?

Any thoughts on above?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - guy_smiley:) - 2012-05-15

(2012-05-15, 07:48)steve1977 Wrote: Any thoughts on above?

I thought you managed this before? I wrote a HOWTO on the new forums.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-05-15

(2012-05-15, 10:16)guy_smiley:) Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 07:48)steve1977 Wrote: Any thoughts on above?

I thought you managed this before? I wrote a HOWTO on the new forums.

I managed before with an Apache set-up, but not with Cherrypy. If I make ths switch to Cherrypy, I would not need the Apache server anymore. That also means that I would not use reverse-proxies any longer as they are related to the Apache server? How would I then access SB and CP without opening additional ports?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-05-15

Hi Guys,

I created another version of my Maraschino wrapper portal thing. This time I made things simpler and actually feeling more modern. I am using an iframe to load all the pages. I wish I could get the iframe to fill the available height of the screen... but hopefully a smarter person than I can figure that out. I am also using a pull down menu for more versatility and less clutter.

This version is only one html file, so make sure to edit the index.html file to use your actual links.

Once the RSS module is released, I will update this to get rid of my Frankenstein version.

Please comments, suggestions, advice....

Thanks,

Hernando

Here is download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mpsjy3ymxhs29us

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Livin - 2012-05-15

Anyone get this running on a Synology NAS?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - schumi2004 - 2012-05-15

@hernandito

It looks awesome. Thanks for your effort in this.

Don't know how the RSS module will look like but i think i'm going to use this for a while.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-05-15

(2012-05-15, 23:01)schumi2004 Wrote: @hernandito

It looks awesome. Thanks for your effort in this.

Don't know how the RSS module will look like but i think i'm going to use this for a while.

Thanks,

Still tweaking the design... so do not go nuts editing your html yet.