Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Boggie1688 - 2012-07-15

Hi Everyone,

Been awhile since I've checked in on Maraschino. The project has come a long way!!! Very impressed!!

In any case, I run HTPCBUILD.com and I've had a few users message me regarding the change in Maraschino and how to install it. Seems like everything is the same...but I did have one question. I'm unable to locate where I can set the address:port, username, and password.

Can someone kindly point me to the right file?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-07-16

(2012-07-15, 16:12)schumi2004 Wrote: Thanks but since Maraschino is packaged for Synology NAS i'm unsure were to change/modify this.

Anyway, does this also effect webroot setting since i'm unable to reach it from outside the network with reverse proxy enabled but inside network it works?

I know nothing about how synology stuff works. If you point me to the package i may be able to figure it out.
(2012-07-15, 19:51)Boggie1688 Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Been awhile since I've checked in on Maraschino. The project has come a long way!!! Very impressed!!

In any case, I run HTPCBUILD.com and I've had a few users message me regarding the change in Maraschino and how to install it. Seems like everything is the same...but I did have one question. I'm unable to locate where I can set the address:port, username, and password.

There is no settings file anymore. everything is either changed in the UI or with commandline arguments. to see a list of arguments run with Maraschino.py --help

I have a --datadir arg comming too, its awaiting review. Once datadir is sorted out we can get the init script fixed up.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - schumi2004 - 2012-07-16

@N3MIS15
Thanks for helping but i think i'll wait until datadir is implemented or figure out myself where to change this Wink

It's not a spk but if you want to have a look, here is the source https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/tree/develop/spk/maraschino

Edit:
This is the maraschino control script https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/blob/develop/spk/maraschino/src/dsm-control.sh

If i just change the daemon line and package it again i'm there?

start_daemon()
{
su - ${RUNAS} -c "PATH=${PATH} ${PYTHON} ${MARASCHINO} --daemon --port 8260 --pidfile ${PID_FILE} --database ${DB_FILE} --log ${LOG_FILE}"
}

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-07-16

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/blob/develop/spk/maraschino/src/dsm-control.sh

looks like you need to change line 21 in that file.
Add "--webroot /maraschino" without quotes if u want webroot for your reverse proxy and change the existing --port to the port u want.

and maybe change the port in this file too: https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/blob/develop/spk/maraschino/src/app/maraschino.cgi.py

Im only guessing. But the first file seems to be the commandline that runs Maraschino.

Couchpotato module merged. Enjoy Tongue

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-07-16

(2012-07-16, 13:14)N3MIS15 Wrote: Couchpotato module merged. Enjoy Tongue
Whoooo hooooo!!! Laugh

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-07-16

Was checking out the new couch potato module.. everything was working fine.. clicked on a movie and it just literally disapeared.. without a trace lol.. can't add it back either.... help please?

Edit: seems to have come back itself after ignoring it for a little while.. but the disappearing act us definitely reproducible.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-07-16

(2012-07-16, 18:59)skabyss Wrote: Was check I g out the new couch potato module.. everything was working fine.. clicked on a movie and it just literally disapeared.. without a trace lol.. can't add it back either.... help please?
This has happened to me as well, only way to get the module showing again is to refresh the browser.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-07-17

Seems like maybe a cache or something was being built.. It seems to be working much better now, as is the headphones module!

Edit: Two tiny tiny details I wanted to point out, on the couchpotato module it says "add show" instead of "add movie" for the alt text, and the end of the headphones search box seems to be in icon cut-off.

Thanks for the great work nemesis!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Boggie1688 - 2012-07-17

(2012-07-16, 07:59)N3MIS15 Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 19:51)Boggie1688 Wrote: Hi Everyone,

There is no settings file anymore. everything is either changed in the UI or with commandline arguments. to see a list of arguments run with Maraschino.py --help

I have a --datadir arg comming too, its awaiting review. Once datadir is sorted out we can get the init script fixed up.

Thanks for the reply!!!

I'll adjust the guides appropriately.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - guy_smiley:) - 2012-07-17

Is anyone using Windows Home Server (WHS) 2011 to host Maraschino? I am struggling, it seems that it hangs every now and then and even closing the instance of Python will not release the port until the machine is reset.
Furthermore, if anyone knows how to reverse proxy, or whichever to host these programs externally, I'd be much appreciated to hear your thoughts.
Cheers Smile

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-07-17

(2012-07-16, 18:59)skabyss Wrote: Was checking out the new couch potato module.. everything was working fine.. clicked on a movie and it just literally disapeared.. without a trace lol.. can't add it back either.... help please?

Edit: seems to have come back itself after ignoring it for a little while.. but the disappearing act us definitely reproducible.

(2012-07-16, 19:08)Shaolin Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 18:59)skabyss Wrote: Was check I g out the new couch potato module.. everything was working fine.. clicked on a movie and it just literally disapeared.. without a trace lol.. can't add it back either.... help please?
This has happened to me as well, only way to get the module showing again is to refresh the browser.

Thanks for the feedback guys, however it would be nice to have more info like which movie were you trying to click on. Also, the log is pretty informative when it comes to the cp module so having a look there and pasting any errors here would be more efficient.

(2012-07-17, 00:21)skabyss Wrote: Seems like maybe a cache or something was being built.. It seems to be working much better now, as is the headphones module!

Edit: Two tiny tiny details I wanted to point out, on the couchpotato module it says "add show" instead of "add movie" for the alt text, and the end of the headphones search box seems to be in icon cut-off.

Thanks for the great work nemesis!

Where does it say "add show" on the CP module? Cant seem to find that...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-07-17

Sorry, my time was limited yesterday, didn't have any time for a full explanation. My niece is leaving for a gap year to the US and it was also her 18th yesterday so we had the mother of all send off's and I am now experiencing the mother of all hangovers!

Movie I clicked was Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, then the module disappeared and didn't come back till browser refresh. I cant find a CP.log file anywhere and I cant highlight the logs direct from within the module and paste them in here. It wont allow highlighting.

The "Add New Show to Couchpotato" is the Alt text for the " + " button.

EDIT:

I just transcribed a portion of the errors in the log inside the CP module. There are 2 errors which repeat:

Code:
ERROR [31mhpotato.core.plugins.base] failed opening url in Newzbin: https://big_ass_url_here
File “C:\HTPC-Apps\CouchPotatoServer\couchpotato\core\plugins\base.py”, line 141, in url open
Response = urllib2.urlopen(request, timeout = timeout)

URLError: <urlopen error The read operation timed out>

It isn't just Newzbin url's failing, also NZBClub and Newznab (dognzb) failing for me.

and also:

Code:
HTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

EDIT2:

Screen capture:

I also forgot to say excellent work and thanks for making this module, so I am rectifying that mistake now. Excellent work as usual, I'm positive you'll get to the bottom of this mystery and thanks again!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - jerryw - 2012-07-17

The addition of the CouchPotato and Headphones modules makes Maraschino just great! Loving it and thanking you guys for the work you put into it. May I inquire about one other module that you guys were working on? RSS Feeds. I know the module that was initially being tested had fixed feeds but it would be nice if users could add RSS feeds to the Maraschino page. In particular things like Movies currently playing, out on DVD & BLURAY, etc.

Thanks!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - krish_2k4 - 2012-07-17

I realise the CP module is still being worked on but is it possible to show an IMDB link for movies just like the SickBeard module shows the TVDB link for tv shows.