Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-03, 07:21)mach170 Wrote:
(2012-09-01, 00:20)N3MIS15 Wrote: I agree with the couchpotato visibility and will look into it.
Sabnzbd is a bit different IMO. If there is nothing downloading there is no point in showing the module, all of the 'downloader' modules behave this way AFAIK. This would be different if/when there is history or adding nzbs.

The reason I mention SABnzbd is that sometimes I want to pause the app even if nothing is in the queue, that way if CP or SB add something it stays paused while I'm online until I want to start it again.

I like the way the current system works for the "downloader" type apps. If there is nothing to display why clutter up the screen? May sound a little harsh towards your request - but if you really need the pause functionality why not just go to SABnzbd and hit pause? Or schedule it if that could work for you? Just like xbmc itself, every single variant of how someone wants to use a program can't be implemented; otherwise you end up with a settings overloaded monster.

Your use case is rather unique, so perhaps a little extra work on your end to make it work is better than putting it into Maraschino. You can certainly fork the repo and change the SABnzbd module to always show (rather easy actually). I have a few custom Maraschino buttons I've written to transcode xbmc videos so I can put them on a portable drive, this is not something needed in the core but I sure like it. Your request sounds like one of those.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Marcoevich - 2012-09-04

(2012-08-30, 11:59)N3MIS15 Wrote: As some of you may have noticed the weather module was broken.

The module was using googles 'secret' api which was shut down the other day without warning, so now the module has been updated to use weather.com's service..

The only difference is that where in the settings you had your location, it now needs you location ID. There is a link in the settings for the module to help you find it.

On the site in the settings, I search for 'Breda'. It gives me NLXX0004 as the weather ID while saying 'Breda'. But when I enter this in Maraschino I get 'Bergen op Zoom' which is more than 75 kilometers from my current location.

Why does maraschino doesn't recognize the correct city?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mach170 - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-04, 15:33)robweber Wrote: I like the way the current system works for the "downloader" type apps. If there is nothing to display why clutter up the screen? May sound a little harsh towards your request - but if you really need the pause functionality why not just go to SABnzbd and hit pause? Or schedule it if that could work for you? Just like xbmc itself, every single variant of how someone wants to use a program can't be implemented; otherwise you end up with a settings overloaded monster.

Your use case is rather unique, so perhaps a little extra work on your end to make it work is better than putting it into Maraschino. You can certainly fork the repo and change the SABnzbd module to always show (rather easy actually). I have a few custom Maraschino buttons I've written to transcode xbmc videos so I can put them on a portable drive, this is not something needed in the core but I sure like it. Your request sounds like one of those.

It's been my understanding that Maraschino was made to consolidate the controls for all the various 'helper' apps in to one place. So when the controls disappear it kind of defeats the purpose.

Perhaps the SABnzbd widget isn't a big issue as pausing is not needed too often, but adding movies from the CP widget is when it keeps disappearing.

I can't see how adding a toggle in the widgets options to 'Stay open' would be a big deal, I guess it wouldn't be if every user that comes here to ask for options knew how to code and I guess that puts me in the 'unworthy' category for some, but I think more people than myself would benefit from the widgets not disappearing.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-05

Couchpotato module now displays search box when no movies are in wanted list.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mach170 - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-05, 08:31)N3MIS15 Wrote: Couchpotato module now displays search box when no movies are in wanted list.

Thank you for this N3MIS15!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-09

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone is making progress with an RSS Feed module. I believe someone was working on one a while ago. It would be great to have various feeds (Movies, TV, etc) from various providers (NZBMatrix, NZBs.org, etc.)... Perhaps something that collapses or expands...I love my portal version from a while back, but it would be so much cleaner with a module.

Thanks,

H.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-09-10

RSS Module is there and been PR'd.
https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/pull/184

But it still needs a little tidy up, but works quite well in my bias opinion! Wink
I'm going to throw some more time into this over the coming weeks.

I've also noticed that Maraschino is no longer looking 'uniformed'. We have bold text and large text in places that look wrong IMO.
On my system, CP Module Movie descriptions font looks wrong and a few other things need changing.
I'll try and sort this out too.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - krish_2k4 - 2012-09-10

(2012-09-10, 13:00)DejaVu Wrote: RSS Module is there and been PR'd.

But it still needs a little tidy up, but works quite well in my bias opinion! Wink

I've also noticed that Maraschino is no longer looking 'uniformed'. We have bold text and large text in places that look wrong IMO.
On my system, CP Module Movie descriptions font looks wrong and a few other things need changing.

Nod I wanted to mention this before but thought it was petty! I am glad you mentioned it Wink

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-11

(2012-09-10, 13:00)DejaVu Wrote: RSS Module is there and been PR'd.

Yes!!! Big Grin

Deja can I impose on you to let us know which of the .less files you change? (if I understood Github, I am sure this would be easy). I have tweaked a lot of mine to make things smaller on my interface, so I can "see" more at default load. Here is what it looks like:

I am sure it is not for everyone, but I am happy to post it if you think it could help.

Thanks!!

H.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-09-11

(2012-09-11, 02:37)hernandito Wrote: Yes!!! Big Grin

Deja can I impose on you to let us know which of the .less files you change? (if I understood Github, I am sure this would be easy). I have tweaked a lot of mine to make things smaller on my interface, so I can "see" more at default load. Here is what it looks like:

I am sure it is not for everyone, but I am happy to post it if you think it could help.

Thanks!!

H.

That looks really good H! It's given me an idea for a feature request...a global setting that the user can input a hexadecimal colour code to change the title colour of all the modules. A little customisation cant hurt!

Shaolin

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - niietzshe - 2012-09-11

Hey all, been using Maraschino since this topic was on page 1 Smile
Just bought a little arm machine with only 128mb of ram to run server stuff on. It's a lovely little thing that seems to keep up quite nicely.
Maraschino however takes up 38% of ram, which it probably shouldn't do. On other apps (sickbeard etc) they were taking up loads of RAM until I killed "check for updates". Would it be possible to have this option for Maraschino as it would really help people out on low consumption headless servers.

I'm doing a MASSIVE update to 1GBRam over the weekend just for headroom, but I'd still like to find out why it's taking so much...
I know the move completely to cherryPy was for a good reason, but I can't help but think just running one instance of apache that runs sab, sickbeard, couch and marashino would be more efficient.

Thanks
Niietzshe

P.s. Ohh, also is there any move to write out smaller thumb sizes for Maraschino? They load in the large images at the minute which has a slight lag.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-12

I was thinking of adding an option for disabling the updater, it would benifit running Maraschino as a .exe also. But in saying that the updater is only active for about 20 seconds every 6 hours (unless you are actualy updating of course).

The currently playing poll is probably more to blame as it is run every 5 seconds.

TBH I dont think that 48meg of ram is overly excessive for an app that has many things going on at once. It idles at about 17meg on my system (roughly the same as headphones).

As for the thumb sizes, im not sure which thumbs you are concerned with. trakt.tv thumbs are the smallest thumbs available and XBMC Eden API does not offer smaller thumb sizes, only the original files.

In XBMC Frodo this will be a different story, and im sure that in the future the smaller thumbs will be used.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-01, 16:10)Methanoid Wrote: Might be a dumb question but is there a nice easy way to run Maraschino, Sickbeard, Couch etc - all the Python goodies in one process in Windows (ie not require separate Python windows for each), ideally hidden in tray. I run Sabnzbd as the Windows executable and Couch (but I think would be better using the Python code). Just would rather not have 4 or 5 command lines open on system start that I have to hide or minimize? Any clever solutions anyone using?

Use pythonw instead of Python. No cmds then.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - niietzshe - 2012-09-12

Ok thanks for the info.
I'm looking at upgrading to this:
http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox

800 MHz dual issue ARM PJ4 processor, VFPv3, wmmx SIMD and 512KB L2 cache
1GByte DDR3 at 800MHz

It'll be running with no graphics, just sickbeard, Couchpotato, Headphones, Sabnzdb+, Transmission, MySql and Maraschino.
Do you think any of this will still be hitting 1GB Ram all in Deamon mode?

If anyone has a similar setup that can tell me the idle Ram/CPU usage, that'd be great.
Basically I want to keep a small box connected that does all this stuff so I don't need a master HTPC on all the time running to my other machines.
DroboFS for storage atm...

Thanks
Niietzshe

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-13

(2012-09-12, 15:08)niietzshe Wrote: Ok thanks for the info.
I'm looking at upgrading to this:
http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox

800 MHz dual issue ARM PJ4 processor, VFPv3, wmmx SIMD and 512KB L2 cache
1GByte DDR3 at 800MHz

It'll be running with no graphics, just sickbeard, Couchpotato, Headphones, Sabnzdb+, Transmission, MySql and Maraschino.
Do you think any of this will still be hitting 1GB Ram all in Deamon mode?

If anyone has a similar setup that can tell me the idle Ram/CPU usage, that'd be great.
Basically I want to keep a small box connected that does all this stuff so I don't need a master HTPC on all the time running to my other machines.
DroboFS for storage atm...

Thanks
Niietzshe

Niietzshe,

If you have a Drobo (don't have experience with it), it is likely you can install and run Sab, CB, SB, HP, and Maraschino on it... This is what I do.