Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 23:09)DejaVu Wrote: Like your changes H and I've also been looking into trying to make the fonts all the same, uniformed since posting.
Today I've had a little play with using our own font all together using @font-face in CSS3, but it cause more harm than good imo.

I'm not 100% sure I get what you mean about what .less you mean. I generally check them all.

base.less is the place for the basic stuff for Mara and the rest are imported in on a per-module basis, but I guess you already know this.
What I've been trying to do is get them all singing on the same song sheet, but it's not an easy feat.

Most are OK, but the CP one seems to be written in a slightly different and confusing way. I was even contemplating starting the CSS over from scratch and trying to get everything uniformed that way, but gave up when I realised how messy it could be.

What we really need is a decent series of CSS classes made up that can be reused throughout.

I am glad you like the changes... I basically changed little things in a bunch of .less files located in a folder called /static/less/ (I cannot check now since I am at work). Me, without any level higher than standard html; I was able to tweak these to get the look I wanted. I will not say it was easy... it took me a while over time to get it all good. I am sure there are tons of changes needed once you get past the default screens of each module. When I get home, I will post a link to the edited files, and perhaps you can compare mine to the stock ones, and go from there.

I am not sure if everyone likes my "look". It may remind some of the old Media Front Page look; and it may go against the original intent of Maraschino. But needless to say, I like it.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-20

Here are my edits... basically copy these files into your /maraschino-folder/static/less/

http://www.mediafire.com/?u2rpsw9ww2lktoj

Also, I have a custom background called conc.jpg. This must be copied to your /maraschino-folder/static//images/background folder. If you want to use your own background image, simply rename the file you want to conc.jpg and put in that folder. Sorry I hard coded this into one of the .less files. Here is the jpg file:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?zevy0ev39ze33yh#

Also remember, that if you update maraschino, you will need to re-copy the .less files again. Background should be OK as it is a unique file.

I would love to hear comments.

Enjoy,

H.

ps. I use Firefox and for my page, I do one CTRL - in FF to make everything on my screen slightly smaller. It all looks great on my screen.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-09-20

hernandito, what changes do applying the link you provided do? Would you mind posting a screen shot?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-20, 04:51)skabyss Wrote: hernandito, what changes do applying the link you provided do? Would you mind posting a screen shot?

Sure thing:

Here is a link to my original post...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113136&pid=1188334#pid1188334

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - niietzshe - 2012-09-22

(2012-09-13, 02:11)hernandito Wrote: Niietzshe,

If you have a Drobo (don't have experience with it), it is likely you can install and run Sab, CB, SB, HP, and Maraschino on it... This is what I do.

I do have DroboFS, but It hasn't got enough resources to install that stuff on. I want to keep it fresh so it just serves up the files and not have to worry about the limited resources being hogged.
I've got a cubox on the way so I'm hoping the added ram will be sufficient, I'll let you know.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - niietzshe - 2012-09-24

Has anyone got an android tablet running this yet?
http://www.chameleonlauncher.com/

It's all HTML5 and Javascript. I'm going to be buying the Nexus 7 soon and start making Maraschino like widgets for it to complement it.
Idea is it's easy for my wife and friends to quickly add movies/tv shows, see what's just been added and stuff like that without having to boot up a computer and go to a website (they think thats complicated). I love maraschino and will keep that running for outside the house, but I think chameleon with some widgets would be amazing to control your setup.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-24, 12:23)niietzshe Wrote: Has anyone got an android tablet running this yet?
http://www.chameleonlauncher.com/

It's all HTML5 and Javascript. I'm going to be buying the Nexus 7 soon and start making Maraschino like widgets for it to complement it.
Idea is it's easy for my wife and friends to quickly add movies/tv shows, see what's just been added and stuff like that without having to boot up a computer and go to a website (they think thats complicated). I love maraschino and will keep that running for outside the house, but I think chameleon with some widgets would be amazing to control your setup.

Oh Man this would be sweet!!... Only my wife and I both have iPads.... How hard would it be to make is compatible in Safari...?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-24

It is probably not hard too convert HTML and Javascript stuff to a Safari Web App... These web apps basically get their own icon on home screen and load like a standalone app...

This is a full blown (paid) tutorial explaining how to create a Web App for iPad.

http://www.lynda.com/CSS-tutorials/Create-iPad-Web-App/98830-2.html

I think there are great possibilities here Niietzshe!!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-09-29

Hey all,

Just wanted to inform everyone that I am starting a push in the mobile interface. At the time of this writing you can no go to maraschino-url/mobile and you will see xbmc, couchpotato and sickbeard submenus. All 3 of these have been implemented to a somewhat acceptable level which is improving every day. I would appreciate some feedback and I would also like to know what you guys want/expect out of a mobile maraschino interface.

Cheers!

ps.: we would appreciate it if people would use our forums as we have more control of the content over there and we can separate things according to what we need - much better than a 200 page thread on a forum where we are also members but not moderators. Having that said I am still keeping an eye out in here.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 11:13)gugahoi Wrote: Just wanted to inform everyone that I am starting a push in the mobile interface. At the time of this writing you can no go to maraschino-url/mobile and you will see xbmc, couchpotato and sickbeard submenus. All 3 of these have been implemented to a somewhat acceptable level which is improving every day. I would appreciate some feedback and I would also like to know what you guys want/expect out of a mobile maraschino interface.

This sounds amazing, VERY cool!!! Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Just tried it now and it doesn't work for me yet. When going on the mobile site, I reach a list of my recently added TV episodes. I can play and stop them, but that's all functionality. No movies, no library, no sabnzd, no CP and no SB?

Any thoughts?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 11:31)steve1977 Wrote: This sounds amazing, VERY cool!!! Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Just tried it now and it doesn't work for me yet. When going on the mobile site, I reach a list of my recently added TV episodes. I can play and stop them, but that's all functionality. No movies, no library, no sabnzd, no CP and no SB?

Any thoughts?

Are you sure you are on the latest? Also make sure to refresh your css and all that stuff. It should point to a basic list. Nemesis and I have updated it a lot in the last couple of days so make sure you have updated.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 12:39)gugahoi Wrote: Are you sure you are on the latest? Also make sure to refresh your css and all that stuff. It should point to a basic list. Nemesis and I have updated it a lot in the last couple of days so make sure you have updated.

Sure on the latest, but potentially on the wrong branch? Css should be fine as I tried on all kind of different devices with the same issue...

How can I find out what branch I am on and what should be the right one? Also, can I see the "hash" somewhere in some setting / menu?

(2012-09-29, 12:58)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 12:39)gugahoi Wrote: Are you sure you are on the latest? Also make sure to refresh your css and all that stuff. It should point to a basic list. Nemesis and I have updated it a lot in the last couple of days so make sure you have updated.

Sure on the latest, but potentially on the wrong branch? Css should be fine as I tried on all kind of different devices with the same issue...

How can I find out what branch I am on and what should be the right one? Also, can I see the "hash" somewhere in some setting / menu?

They should be on the master branch so unless you changed at some point you would be on that. To make sure, open the file in templates/mobile/index.html, if it looks like https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/blob/master/templates/mobile/index.html than you should have the 3 apps in there.

(2012-09-29, 13:03)gugahoi Wrote: They should be on the master branch so unless you changed at some point you would be on that. To make sure, open the file in templates/mobile/index.html, if it looks like https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/blob/master/templates/mobile/index.html than you should have the 3 apps in there.

Don't have it and the file only refers to recently added TV. Let me manually update with a fresh pull from GIT. Please remind me what file I will need to "keep" to make sure that not all my settings get lost. Is it maraschino.db?