Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Burke - 2012-11-07

pettergulbra is your xbmc installed on your computer one you are writing this on?

Or do you have second machine where xbmc is installed?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pettergulbra - 2012-11-07

I`v installed this on the same machine that XBMC is installed on.
:-)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-07, 00:25)pettergulbra Wrote: I`v installed this on the same machine that XBMC is installed on.
:-)

From your signature it looks like you are running Windows. If you cant access Maraschino in the default localhost:7000 address then there can either be a problem with your firewall or with permissions. Could you post your maraschino's log so we can help debug? It should be located in a folder called "logs" inside maraschino's root folder.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pettergulbra - 2012-11-07

I will try when I get home from work. I`v had`t seen that I should use port 7000, that could be the problem..

OK, it work on that port, but I don`t understand how to set it up.
Label etc...

But before I set it with some help I hope.

Can this be used just to browse the movies for other people to? Over the net, not start playing movies etc.
And does it work if not XBMC is running in the background..

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-07, 19:20)pettergulbra Wrote: OK, it work on that port, but I don`t understand how to set it up.
Label etc...

But before I set it with some help I hope.

Can this be used just to browse the movies for other people to? Over the net, not start playing movies etc.
And does it work if not XBMC is running in the background..

It require that xbmc is on to browse the lib. If you just want a site where you can browse your own lib or your friends lib you should make a account on trakt.tv and install the trakt utility addon on xbmc. You get recommendations on similar movies/tvshows I love that feature!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-11-07

Yes you can browse movies over the Internet and yes XBMC must be running in the background for this.

(2012-11-07, 19:32)hellow Wrote: It require that xbmc is on to browse the lib. If you just want a site where you can browse your own lib or your friends lib you should make a account on trakt.tv and install the trakt utility addon on xbmc. You get recommendations on similar movies/tvshows I love that feature!

It`s what I want yes. But I don`t want it to be public, so everyone can watch what I have.
just the people I gave the address to. If you know what i mean?

(2012-11-07, 19:32)Shaolin Wrote: Yes you can browse movies over the Internet and yes XBMC must be running in the background for this.

OK, then how do I set it up? Label etc...
I did not find ant how to...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-07, 19:55)pettergulbra Wrote:
(2012-11-07, 19:32)hellow Wrote: It require that xbmc is on to browse the lib. If you just want a site where you can browse your own lib or your friends lib you should make a account on trakt.tv and install the trakt utility addon on xbmc. You get recommendations on similar movies/tvshows I love that feature!

It`s what I want yes. But I don`t want it to be public, so everyone can watch what I have.
just the people I gave the address to. If you know what i mean?

Yeah i know what you mean, im sure they have a settings so only your friends can see your lib.

(2012-11-07, 19:32)Shaolin Wrote: Yes you can browse movies over the Internet and yes XBMC must be running in the background for this.

OK, then how do I set it up? Label etc...
I did not find ant how to...

All right ill hold your hand... Press the upper right corner, choose add server.

Label = what ever you want to call the "server" ex i have called mine offfice since xbmc is in my office..
hostname/IP = ipaddress to the computer where xbmc is installed.
port = port that maraschino will try to talk to xmbc on. (what you choose in setting in xmbc)
username = only fill this out if you did set a username in xbmc
password = same as above
mac = click on the icon for network, open network and sharing center, press local area connection, press details, your mac adress will be the physical address.
posision = just leave it blank if you only have 1 xbmc in the house.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-11-07

You will also need to forward port 7000 using your router if you want access to Maraschino from outside of your LAN.

And a Dynamic DNS provider will allow you to do this -
http://dejavu.dyndns.info:7000

But it's passworded, so :p

hellow: thanks, I will try to morrow, it`s been an busy day....

DejaVu: Thanks, :-)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pettergulbra - 2012-11-08

I got it to work. :-)

This is something that is great to use inside the house, to see what I have without starting up the TV and everything.
But I don`t think this is great for showing my movie collection and TV collection to my friends over web, when they can start playing and stuff from over the web.

Or do I misunderstand something?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-11-08

If you looking to show off your collection something like http://trakt.tv/ is perfect for that.
Sync up your library with 1 of the few xbmc addons and then your golden.

http://trakt.tv/user/N3MIS15 thats an example of my profile on trakt.tv

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 11:17)pettergulbra Wrote: I got it to work. :-)

This is something that is great to use inside the house, to see what I have without starting up the TV and everything.
But I don`t think this is great for showing my movie collection and TV collection to my friends over web, when they can start playing and stuff from over the web.

Or do I misunderstand something?

Your right, the purpose of
Maraschino is to have a dashboard to control your services. It's not intended to be some address to show off your collection. There are many other tools for that, ex trakt.tv

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pettergulbra - 2012-11-08

hellow:
Thanks for the info. But still this tool is great. I think I will be using it.
The bad thing is that XBMC have to be running as a program in windows..
But that is an XBMC problem..

For the other thing, you mention trakt.tv, what others are there? (I know of www.mymediadb.org, but is verry closed, or verry open)
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, :-(