Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Burke - 2013-02-14

hi guys.

my maraschino stopped working few day back tried manual start and clean re install but nothing helps.

I run it on Ubuntu Minimal 12.10. (linux is not my strong side Blush )

Here is what I get
Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ /etc/init.d/maraschino start
* Starting Maraschino
chown: changing ownership of `/var/run/maraschino/maraschino.pid': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/run/maraschino': Operation not permitted
* Maraschino: Could not create /var/run/maraschino/maraschino.pid, aborting.
start-stop-daemon: unable to set gid to 0 (Operation not permitted)

Tried
Code:
sudo chmod 775 -R /var/run/maraschino/
but that did not help.

Tried moving maraschino.pid to my home folder but I get same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

burke

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2013-02-14

try sudo /etc/init.d/maraschino start

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Burke - 2013-02-14

just checking my system ...it would seem it worked it self out somehow.

Rebooted system to test a script for sb. After rebbot pasted
/etc/init.d/maraschino start - and got back massage already running Huh

N3MIS15 thanks for your replay Smile

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - (O.O) - 2013-02-15

CP module seems to be broken upon update to V2, I can't seem to load thumbnails. Tried deleting the db and reinstalling, still getting no thumbs. Any suggestions?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - bry - 2013-02-17

hmm - anybody know why I lost all images with frodo?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - ppic - 2013-02-18

Hi,
i've installed maraschino on a readynas nv+ rnd4000, no problem so far, python installed too, here the error i have when trying to start, any advice?

Code:
NETGEAR:~# sudo /etc/init.d/maraschino start
* Maraschino: Can't execute daemon, aborting. See /usr/bin/python
/etc/init.d/maraschino: line 39: return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script
Starting Maraschino:start-stop-daemon: stat /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory (No such file or directory)
failed!
NETGEAR:~# cd /usr/bin/python
-bash: cd: /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory
NETGEAR:~# python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Feb 18 2013, 19:45:18)
[GCC 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gibxxi - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-18, 23:10)ppic Wrote: Hi,
i've installed maraschino on a readynas nv+ rnd4000, no problem so far, python installed too, here the error i have when trying to start, any advice?

Code:
NETGEAR:~# sudo /etc/init.d/maraschino start
* Maraschino: Can't execute daemon, aborting. See /usr/bin/python
/etc/init.d/maraschino: line 39: return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script
Starting Maraschino:start-stop-daemon: stat /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory (No such file or directory)
failed!
NETGEAR:~# cd /usr/bin/python
-bash: cd: /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory
NETGEAR:~# python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Feb 18 2013, 19:45:18)
[GCC 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

I installed this manually on my ReadyNAS Ultra as per Debian instructions on the Maraschino website and it worked ok. Aside from the issue that port 7000 is already used by the ReadyNAS Remote server driver (Leaf Networks) and starts even when the add-on is disabled/removed. With the port changed to 7500 it started first time. It WAS also necessary to change this setting in the settings area of the app when you get in for the first time, because it appears that once this value is present in the db, the config file value is subsequently ignored. at least that's the behaviour I experienced.

You may also want to "chown" the Maraschino app folder to the user that it will be running as (in my case - admin). and set the settings file to also reflect this as being the case. You can't start the app from the SSH command line as admin directly, as your logging in as root. But you can set the user to run the app in the settings then reboot the NAS for it to take effect. As long as the init.d entries step is completed, it should start up when you start/reboot the NAS. Just be sure, like I said, on the first successful start to set the port via the web interface to something other than 7000.

Looking at your logs, it looks as if you don't have python installed, or the app can't find it. Have you installed Stefan's python add-on for the ReadyNAS?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gibxxi - 2013-02-19

Btw... "/usr/bin/python" is not a folder. The folder structure is "/usr/bin" the python part is the actual command / program. It has no file extension. executable files on Linux don't seem to have extensions from what I've seen for the most part, not that i know an awful lot about Linux.

Wink

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2013-02-19

The init script needs some love. It was intended for debian/ubuntu.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - ppic - 2013-02-19

thx for your response, i've installed python this way:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install libc6-dev
apt-get install gcc
apt-get install gdb
apt-get install libtag1-dev
apt-get install uuid-dev
apt-get install libssl-dev
apt-get install zlibc
apt-get install zlib1g-dev

mkdir /root/src/
cd /root/src/

wget ftp://ftp.gnome.org/cdimage/snapshot/Debian/pool/main/c/coreutils/coreutils_5.2.1-2_sparc.deb
dpkg-deb -x coreutils_5.2.1-2_sparc.deb .

wget http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.6/Python-2.6.6.tgz
gzip -d Python-2.6.6.tgz
tar xf Python-2.6.6.tar
cd Python-2.6.6
./configure --build=sparc-linux
make
make install

then pysqlite module:

Code:
wget http://pysqlite.googlecode.com/files/pysqlite-2.6.3.tar.gz
gzip -d pysqlite-2.6.3.tar.gz
tar xf  pysqlite-2.6.3.tar
cd pysqlite-2.6.3

python setup.py build_static install

python 2.6.6 is installed, but it seems that ctype module is not installed, but can't find how to install it.

then i've followed that: http://www.maraschinoproject.com/installation

do you means this addon ? http://readynasxtras.com/readynas-sparc-add-ons/python-26-sparc

Yes, that would be the one. I've got the x86 version installed on my NAS. No other custom installs required for me.

If you download that add-on, you may want to reverse the manual install of 2.6 you did to avoid any conflicts. I don't know if Stefan has had to tweak anything to make this add-on work on the ReadyNAS.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - ppic - 2013-02-19

ok, i think i'll try it after removing what i've done !

ok, so i've installed stephan add on, then tried to start maraschino:

Code:
/
NETGEAR:~# /etc/init.d/maraschino start
Starting Maraschino:.
NETGEAR:~#

then i rebooted the nas and ...

IT'S WORKING !!!

thank to all :-D

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gibxxi - 2013-02-20

Excellent. Just make sure you change the port before the next update of Maraschino or reboot of your NAS because of the issue I previously mentioned.

Smile

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - ppic - 2013-02-20

yup, done ;-)