Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2013-06-10

(2013-06-09, 02:49)Livin Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 06:42)gugahoi Wrote: -- A brand new module is now there: IP Camera. It is a small control widget for anyone who might have Internet Camera's. Testing has been limited so if any bugs are found, don't hesitate to report them.

... This is not 100% accurate. The module only works with ONE camera and due to a massive oversight, or simply poor design, you cannot add more than one of the same module. So, it you are the rare 1% that has only 1 IP camera you want to view, then congrats you are in luck. If you are the 99% of people that buy IP Cams you are SoL and can only see one of your cams.

(2013-06-09, 03:18)Livin Wrote:
(2013-06-09, 02:55)N3MIS15 Wrote: Its a start. It can be expanded.. Don't be so quick to judge.
None of the core devs own an ip cam so the fact that it even exists is amazing. It could have quite easily been ignored.

Not judging the IP Cam module, it rocks. The gap is with Maraschino. One of the main reasons to having a "modular" interface is so the framework does not care what modules are installed... to have a limitation that only 1 of each module can be installed is a lack of design and understanding of use cases for the app.

Most people who own IP Cams have multiple cams... so having only one came viewable is not even useful, we need to use another UI anyway and will not be using the Maraschino module. If we can add multiple cams, then it will be used.

Hmm, im not sure what to say here except that now that there is a clear need for such a thing it is worth looking for a solution. Hopefully when someone has time this will be looked into.

Furthermore, I never meant to lead anybody on but I'm not sure what exactly is not 100% accurate in my statement but in any case I am sorry if it upset you in any way.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Livin - 2013-07-03

gugahoi,
My intent was not to point fingers, or accuse you of misleading - it was simply to state the issue fully. I'm not upset at anyone directly. I see this same thing all the time in my job where people develop something that could be great but because of a few seemingly small issue that were not thought out, it causes problems later that require a lot of 'fixing' to get the app to do what the original intent was... e.g. a module design that really is not.

It is a shame, Maraschino is such a useful app but it has 3 problems right now...
1) seems there is no more development on it
2) it is not designed for touch
3) the module design needs fixing to accommodate multiple modules of the same type. (i.e. actually become modular!)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - niietzshe - 2013-07-03

Yeah it's terrible! How dare these people spend their time making something useful for all of us and dare not to support our every whim!

Do it yourself or get off their backs for just trying to accomplish something that "might" be useful to others.

Re: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2013-07-03

It is development. Recently I made a sms module and im working on tvremote. There is sendt bug fix, in the ipcamera module. Links in module. And nemesis work regarding media manager is waiting review. I agree with 3. Regarding touch it would be nice to have. But not a deal breaker.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - bry - 2013-07-03

Something commonly stated on these forums : if you are not happy with a feature you can always fix it yourself. These are all open source for the most part. That is how maraschino become so feature rich so fast. Livin... I suggest you look into learning to code if you are not happy with the free work that the marachino team has put in

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Livin - 2013-07-03

We are having a civil conversation on what the issues are - For those of you "code it yourself" screamers, get over it. I've been with XBMC when it was on XBOX (2004) and I did code for it back then. I don't code anymore, I design (yes really - for a living).

@hellow - I'm glad to hear, and appreciate, you are working on new code. The IP Cam code works perfectly for me. I'm looking forward to the media manager additions as it is well needed.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Lunatixz - 2013-07-07

(2013-07-03, 16:13)bry- Wrote: Something commonly stated on these forums : if you are not happy with a feature you can always fix it yourself. These are all open source for the most part. That is how maraschino become so feature rich so fast. Livin... I suggest you look into learning to code if you are not happy with the free work that the marachino team has put in

Big Grin I can't agree with you enough... too many ppl with issues, two few ppl with the ability to implement change.

IMO if you didn't pay for it... you have two choices stop using it or change it yourself.. anything other then useful feedback to the developers is just rude..

BTW I think the IP Cam module is great!!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Rakeesh - 2013-07-20

Are there any options for those of us who don't have XBMC running 24/7? I mainly need to tie sickbeard, couchpotato, and transmission into one common interface. My XBMC library is done over a SQL database to tie all systems together rather than having XBMC running 24/7 on any one system. The server that holds the files, the sql server, and the sickbeard/couchpotato/transmission daemons is headless, so it wouldn't make sense to run XBMC on it.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2013-07-20

(2013-07-20, 03:19)Rakeesh Wrote: Are there any options for those of us who don't have XBMC running 24/7? I mainly need to tie sickbeard, couchpotato, and transmission into one common interface. My XBMC library is done over a SQL database to tie all systems together rather than having XBMC running 24/7 on any one system. The server that holds the files, the sql server, and the sickbeard/couchpotato/transmission daemons is headless, so it wouldn't make sense to run XBMC on it.

What options? You can use maraschino without having xbmc on 24/7. You only get a error message in module.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2013-07-29

Hey all, I'm back from holidays now and back into uni. Will see if I can get something done maybe close some pull requests in the near future. We appreciate the feedback and support everyone is giving.

@Rakeesh - there is no need to have XBMC running 24/7, if maraschino cannot reach XBMC it will say so in the modules and even those are not essential. You can run Maraschino with only the module you want.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-29, 04:46)gugahoi Wrote: Hey all, I'm back from holidays now and back into uni. Will see if I can get something done maybe close some pull requests in the near future. We appreciate the feedback and support everyone is giving.

@Rakeesh - there is no need to have XBMC running 24/7, if maraschino cannot reach XBMC it will say so in the modules and even those are not essential. You can run Maraschino with only the module you want.

Any chance you can take a look at xbmc media manger? I've been really looking forward for that one!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Livin - 2013-08-03

(2013-07-29, 19:11)hellow Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 04:46)gugahoi Wrote: Hey all, I'm back from holidays now and back into uni. Will see if I can get something done maybe close some pull requests in the near future. We appreciate the feedback and support everyone is giving.

Any chance you can take a look at xbmc media manger? I've been really looking forward for that one!

Do you mean a 'jukebox' like UI? If so, yes please!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2013-08-03

I'm afraid it's not. it way to edit the files. see http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/showthread.php?tid=5

there is also a new module I'm working on: http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/showthread.php?tid=235

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Livin - 2013-08-03

There are so many excellent XBMC media managers/editor I personally don't see a need for it in M. I actually think it would be a waste of time for the developer since they'd need to constantly maintain as scraping sites change and break things often. The dev of the stand alone apps are constantly fixing things. Too many variables IMO for a module in M.

your qBittorent module looks nice but I use my Synology NAS for torrents. It is fully automated with Sick Beard, I don't need to monitor torrents.

The main thing I think would attract new users to M is an XBMC Jukebox. This is all I need to make it complete for me... oh, and multiple camera modules ;-)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hellow - 2013-08-03

yeah, I know you want multiple modules. I was thinking on a way to solve this but I it so many roadblocks... I hope they find a way to implent one. what do you mean by jukebox? can't you use the library module?